China Supply (no Scott)

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
crsutton
Posts: 9590
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: China Supply (no Scott)

Post by crsutton »

But basically if he has broken into the Chungking plain then you are screwed. The Japanese player may have supply problems but that pales in comparison to the supply issues the Chinese player should be experiencing at this point. Chungking is one of your few remaining supply generators.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
User avatar
John B.
Posts: 3985
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

RE: China Supply (no Scott)

Post by John B. »

crsutton,

You are absolutely right. The loss of chungking and chengtu would be a catastrophe. Fortunately, he got into the Chungking plain and there were lots of amply supplied Chinese waiting for him. I managed to cut the bridge across the river by heading south from Kienko and north from Chungking. Most (but not all) of his units were able to fight there way out but at heavy cost. His problem was not enough units to fight me, drawing supply over the bad terrain, and the addition of US Army P-38s and US navy F4Fs (hey, if the Yorktown is refitting in Bombay no sense in letting those fighters just sit there when 1,200 VPs worth of cities are on the line) to end his air superiority. That, and 400 tons per day being flown in by everything that can fly.

Alfred, thanks for the tips on cutting supply. I intend to use that knowledge know that Scott's Viz. adventure is over and prepare a counter offensive into Burma.

Witpqs, thanks to you as well for cutting and pasting that info. for me. I'm still not sure I understand (I went to law school to avoid numbers :-)) but I get the gist. Getting into Burma is going to be a real supply challenge for me given the jungle and unbridged river I have to get over.
John Barr
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”