USS Independence Found

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by wdolson »

Lee Marvin was part of a huge lawsuit when I was a kid. His long term SO sued him for a chunk of his wealth when they broke up. That's all I knew him from for a long time.

From what I read, he got hit in the sciatic nerve on Saipan and it bothered him the rest of his life. The injury was severe enough he got a medical discharge.

Bill
WIS Development Team
User avatar
Reg
Posts: 2793
Joined: Fri May 26, 2000 8:00 am
Location: NSW, Australia

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by Reg »

ORIGINAL: oaltinyay

ORIGINAL: danlongman

I thinks the one that Lee Marvin did with Toshiro Mufune was Hell In The Pacific.
I am too lazy right now to practice google-fu. I like Lee Marvin in Raintree County.


wasnt he a real marine ?

To the end.


Image
Attachments
Lee_Marvin.jpg
Lee_Marvin.jpg (53.94 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
wegman58
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Edina, MN (FROM the Bronx)

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by wegman58 »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Lee Marvin was part of a huge lawsuit when I was a kid. His long term SO sued him for a chunk of his wealth when they broke up. That's all I knew him from for a long time.

From what I read, he got hit in the sciatic nerve on Saipan and it bothered him the rest of his life. The injury was severe enough he got a medical discharge.

Bill

Was that the Palimony suit? Where some judge came up with the idea you don't have to get married to collect alimony?
Bill Goin
User avatar
Lecivius
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:53 am
Location: Denver

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

No, Midway. He played Halsey in that. Stuck in bed with dermatitis or something.


John Wayne was not in Midway. You are talking about Robert Mitchum.

Long story short, I grew up using The Duke as my role model. Could be worse [;)]

<edit> oops, someone already seems to have caught that
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Numdydar
Posts: 3283
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:56 pm

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: wegman58

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Lee Marvin was part of a huge lawsuit when I was a kid. His long term SO sued him for a chunk of his wealth when they broke up. That's all I knew him from for a long time.

From what I read, he got hit in the sciatic nerve on Saipan and it bothered him the rest of his life. The injury was severe enough he got a medical discharge.

Bill

Was that the Palimony suit? Where some judge came up with the idea you don't have to get married to collect alimony?

Look up 'Common Law' marriages [:)]
User avatar
HansBolter
Posts: 7457
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: United States

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

No, Midway. He played Halsey in that. Stuck in bed with dermatitis or something.

That was Robert Mitchum.

Sorry, came late, already been corrected twice.
Hans

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by geofflambert »

I swear I can see JW in that film, I now know otherwise. I saw that at least 10 times. Sheeesh.

User avatar
Lecivius
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:53 am
Location: Denver

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I swear I can see JW in that film, I now know otherwise. I saw that at least 10 times. Sheeesh.

I saw him, once, in Ridgeway while he was making True Grit. A block away & there was no mistaking the man [8D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Knucles2
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:02 pm

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by Knucles2 »

Actually it was Robert Mitchum who played Halsey in Midway. The Duke played Rockwell Torey in In Harms Way.



Edit: Crap, missed the past three corrections :D
Being paranoid doesn't necesserilly mean that "they" aren't actually out to get you...
jamesjohns
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:45 am

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by jamesjohns »

Check out "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" Stars Wayne, Lee Marvin and Woody Strode Excellent movie plays to all the 3 of their abilities

Lee Marvin, says a tremendous amount about him and his character, and what the impact of the war was on him, that he select a simple headstone that says PFC US Marine Corp

jamesjohns
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:45 am

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by jamesjohns »

Lee Marvin did a training film for the Marine Corp, in it sounds like he made 3 landings in WWII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvgabBoWKPM
barkhorn45
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:19 pm

RE: USS Independence Found

Post by barkhorn45 »

Marvin was also with Wayne in "The Comancheroes"and"Donavon's Reef"
I liked"They were Expendable".
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”