Americcan pro football2016
Moderator: maddog986
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: Americcan pro football2016
To each their own. My opinion is that college football is amateurish and subpar in general. One rarely sees games to the level of those seen in professional football.

RE: Americcan pro football2016
Thy are both good. Better though is Pro from my perspective.
From here in Las Vegas College is good for betting. Good chance for upsets, And some of the games you know will be so lopsided your pretty much assured your bet will win.
From here in Las Vegas College is good for betting. Good chance for upsets, And some of the games you know will be so lopsided your pretty much assured your bet will win.
RE: Americcan pro football2016
50% of the pro game is commercials, which is why I rarely watch a game on TV. Stream it so I can do something else for all the delays. I am watching more college football now. It's a bit difficult finding a college game that is competitive.
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: Americcan pro football2016
ORIGINAL: Qwixt
50% of the pro game is commercials, which is why I rarely watch a game on TV. Stream it so I can do something else for all the delays. I am watching more college football now. It's a bit difficult finding a college game that is competitive.
I rarely watch a game live either. DVR is great for FFing through ads and catching up on the game later.

RE: Americcan pro football2016
The Los Angeles Rams (they just moved back from St. Louis) beat the mighty Arizona Cardinals (they have not looked mighty this year) 17-13 and have started the season 3-1, it probably won't last but...who knows! [:)] 5 turnovers cost the Cardinals the game and they are now 1-3...
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201610020 ... =fullstory
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201610020 ... =fullstory
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
RE: Americcan pro football2016
ORIGINAL: wings7
The Los Angeles Rams (they just moved back from St. Louis) beat the mighty Arizona Cardinals (they have not looked mighty this year) 17-13 and have started the season 3-1, it probably won't last but...who knows! [:)] 5 turnovers cost the Cardinals the game and they are now 1-3...
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201610020 ... =fullstory
Its good to see the Rams back in LA. The NFL should never have let the team leave in the first place. I feel for the fans in St. Louis but the Rams belong in LA, just like the Raiders belong in Oakland. Anything else seems unnatural.
Meanwhile my team, the Houston Texans are 3-1 but are probably the weakest 3-1 team in the league. Brock Osweiler is just killing me with his inaccurate passes![:@]
No problem Chief!
- Titanwarrior89
- Posts: 3282
- Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:07 pm
- Location: arkansas
- Contact:
RE: Americcan pro football2016
Another thing. College teams may "fold" do to money, and do away with their Football program. But they never leave Town/State...the pro's will pack up and leave in a heartbeat for more money.
Ram's to St. Louis-Ram's back to L.A. Just one of many moves(by many teams). Such as all those fan's that bought jersey's, hat's, flag's in Houston for the Oiler. They were stuck, with the stuff when they moved to Nashville. Remember the Browns? No team for 3 years.
There are so many channels with college games on that you usually can find a well matched game. Anyone see-Tenn vs Georgia last week. The Pro's get the best...but they do not play like the best on some games. Contract coming up...don't watch to injure that knee....play is to the far left of the line....I guess I'll lay back alittle...take a close look, you'll be surprised.
Ram's to St. Louis-Ram's back to L.A. Just one of many moves(by many teams). Such as all those fan's that bought jersey's, hat's, flag's in Houston for the Oiler. They were stuck, with the stuff when they moved to Nashville. Remember the Browns? No team for 3 years.
There are so many channels with college games on that you usually can find a well matched game. Anyone see-Tenn vs Georgia last week. The Pro's get the best...but they do not play like the best on some games. Contract coming up...don't watch to injure that knee....play is to the far left of the line....I guess I'll lay back alittle...take a close look, you'll be surprised.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".
"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: American pro football 2016
ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89
Another thing. College teams may "fold" do to money, and do away with their Football program. But they never leave Town/State...the pro's will pack up and leave in a heartbeat for more money.
Ram's to St. Louis-Ram's back to L.A. Just one of many moves(by many teams). Such as all those fan's that bought jersey's, hat's, flag's in Houston for the Oiler. They were stuck, with the stuff when they moved to Nashville. Remember the Browns? No team for 3 years.
There are so many channels with college games on that you usually can find a well matched game. Anyone see-Tenn vs Georgia last week. The Pro's get the best...but they do not play like the best on some games. Contract coming up...don't watch to injure that knee....play is to the far left of the line....I guess I'll lay back alittle...take a close look, you'll be surprised.
Meh.
To my eyes, NCAA Division 1 football is a huge financial boondoggle for the vast majority of the schools involved. This one sport sucks up an inordinate percentage of 'booster' and alumnus donations to the school, at the expense of nearly all other athletic and academic endeavor of the University.
Almost any public university tries to bury or obfuscate the fact that their football coaches are the highest paid individual at the University. They make more than the President of the University, college heads, department heads or highly trained and world-leading professionals/academicians.
How much money do colleges (allegedly cash strapped colleges) have to pay to other schools to let them be their homecoming game sitting duck? Auburn will pay Southern Miss $1.7M this year alone to let them stomp their brains in.
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index. ... _non-.html
By definition: none of that money goes to the players. Very little of that money rewards other non-affiliated sports programs.
Who picks up the tab? Increasingly, students do. Not through pricier admission to the football games. But by their rising tuition dollars (read: student loans) funding other university programs.
It makes me sick.
No. NCAAF is no pristine financially independent venture. It just sucks the money out in a *different* way than an NFL franchise does. At least with the NFL, you *know* it's about the money from the get go. There's no 'school pride' nonsense to distract you from the fact that *BOTH* are all about the money. So you might as well enjoy the better quality performance.

RE: Americcan pro football2016
There is this device called a 'remote control' that enables a viewer to seek other entertainment during the interminable commercial interludes.ORIGINAL: Qwixt
50% of the pro game is commercials, which is why I rarely watch a game on TV. Stream it so I can do something else for all the delays. I am watching more college football now. It's a bit difficult finding a college game that is competitive.
RE: Americcan pro football2016
ORIGINAL: Zorch
There is this device called a 'remote control' that enables a viewer to seek other entertainment during the interminable commercial interludes.ORIGINAL: Qwixt
50% of the pro game is commercials, which is why I rarely watch a game on TV. Stream it so I can do something else for all the delays. I am watching more college football now. It's a bit difficult finding a college game that is competitive.
+1 There is a ton of stuff to watch in 3 minute intervals...
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
-
Will_L_OLD
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 4:15 pm
- Location: NYC-Queens
RE: Americcan pro football2016
J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Geez these guys really suck...[8D]
Buffalo wings & nachos sound good though.
Buffalo wings & nachos sound good though.
RE: Americcan pro football2016
ORIGINAL: Zap
I thought they signed him last year to a multi-year contract?
One more reason to show their personnel management is horrific.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
RE: Americcan pro football2016
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
To each their own. My opinion is that college football is amateurish and subpar in general. One rarely sees games to the level of those seen in professional football.
Watch Alabama. You'll be surprised at how good college can be.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
RE: Americcan pro football2016
ORIGINAL: Zorch
There is this device called a 'remote control' that enables a viewer to seek other entertainment during the interminable commercial interludes.ORIGINAL: Qwixt
50% of the pro game is commercials, which is why I rarely watch a game on TV. Stream it so I can do something else for all the delays. I am watching more college football now. It's a bit difficult finding a college game that is competitive.
Streaming is much better, but I do risk missing a Culter interception while reading the forum.
RE: Americcan pro football2016
On another forum someone said the Dolphins are looking to pick up Cutler. If I'm the Bears, I jump on that. Ask for some draft picks and take a brand new QB next year, or try and trade Denver for Paxton Lynch.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: Americcan pro football2016
ORIGINAL: H Gilmer
On another forum someone said the Dolphins are looking to pick up Cutler. If I'm the Bears, I jump on that.
Yup. Me too. The Bears should thank their stars if they get anything of value in return.

- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: Americcan pro football2016
ORIGINAL: H Gilmer
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
To each their own. My opinion is that college football is amateurish and subpar in general. One rarely sees games to the level of those seen in professional football.
Watch Alabama. You'll be surprised at how good college can be.
No thanks. If I'm forced to watch an inferior product, I'd just as soon watch one with local roots. I'm led to believe that Texas has a number of college teams that are of historical import. Besides, it's important for me to see where my hard-earned tax dollars are going (i.e., head coach, stadium, etc.) [;)]

RE: Americcan pro football2016
ORIGINAL: Max 86
ORIGINAL: wings7
The Los Angeles Rams (they just moved back from St. Louis) beat the mighty Arizona Cardinals (they have not looked mighty this year) 17-13 and have started the season 3-1, it probably won't last but...who knows! [:)] 5 turnovers cost the Cardinals the game and they are now 1-3...
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201610020 ... =fullstory
Its good to see the Rams back in LA. The NFL should never have let the team leave in the first place. I feel for the fans in St. Louis but the Rams belong in LA, just like the Raiders belong in Oakland. Anything else seems unnatural.
Meanwhile my team, the Houston Texans are 3-1 but are probably the weakest 3-1 team in the league. Brock Osweiler is just killing me with his inaccurate passes![:@]
@Max86 Shhh... until we in Las Vegas get the Raiders.
RE: Americcan pro football2016
ORIGINAL: Zap
ORIGINAL: Max 86
ORIGINAL: wings7
The Los Angeles Rams (they just moved back from St. Louis) beat the mighty Arizona Cardinals (they have not looked mighty this year) 17-13 and have started the season 3-1, it probably won't last but...who knows! [:)] 5 turnovers cost the Cardinals the game and they are now 1-3...
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201610020 ... =fullstory
Its good to see the Rams back in LA. The NFL should never have let the team leave in the first place. I feel for the fans in St. Louis but the Rams belong in LA, just like the Raiders belong in Oakland. Anything else seems unnatural.
Meanwhile my team, the Houston Texans are 3-1 but are probably the weakest 3-1 team in the league. Brock Osweiler is just killing me with his inaccurate passes![:@]
@Max86 Shhh... until we in Las Vegas get the Raiders.
The Raiders belong in Oakland...the Oakland faithful have always supported them (thank God Al Davis (RIP) no longer owns them). Las Vegas deserves a new franchise! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427






