Americcan pro football2016

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Chickenboy »

To each their own. My opinion is that college football is amateurish and subpar in general. One rarely sees games to the level of those seen in professional football.
Image
User avatar
Zap
Posts: 3631
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:13 am
Location: LAS VEGAS TAKE A CHANCE

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Zap »

Thy are both good. Better though is Pro from my perspective.

From here in Las Vegas College is good for betting. Good chance for upsets, And some of the games you know will be so lopsided your pretty much assured your bet will win.
User avatar
Qwixt
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:33 am

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Qwixt »

50% of the pro game is commercials, which is why I rarely watch a game on TV. Stream it so I can do something else for all the delays. I am watching more college football now. It's a bit difficult finding a college game that is competitive.
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

50% of the pro game is commercials, which is why I rarely watch a game on TV. Stream it so I can do something else for all the delays. I am watching more college football now. It's a bit difficult finding a college game that is competitive.

I rarely watch a game live either. DVR is great for FFing through ads and catching up on the game later.
Image
User avatar
wings7
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:59 am
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by wings7 »

The Los Angeles Rams (they just moved back from St. Louis) beat the mighty Arizona Cardinals (they have not looked mighty this year) 17-13 and have started the season 3-1, it probably won't last but...who knows! [:)] 5 turnovers cost the Cardinals the game and they are now 1-3...
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201610020 ... =fullstory
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
User avatar
Max 86
Posts: 698
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:54 pm

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Max 86 »

ORIGINAL: wings7

The Los Angeles Rams (they just moved back from St. Louis) beat the mighty Arizona Cardinals (they have not looked mighty this year) 17-13 and have started the season 3-1, it probably won't last but...who knows! [:)] 5 turnovers cost the Cardinals the game and they are now 1-3...
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201610020 ... =fullstory

Its good to see the Rams back in LA. The NFL should never have let the team leave in the first place. I feel for the fans in St. Louis but the Rams belong in LA, just like the Raiders belong in Oakland. Anything else seems unnatural.

Meanwhile my team, the Houston Texans are 3-1 but are probably the weakest 3-1 team in the league. Brock Osweiler is just killing me with his inaccurate passes![:@]
No problem Chief!
User avatar
Titanwarrior89
Posts: 3282
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:07 pm
Location: arkansas
Contact:

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Another thing. College teams may "fold" do to money, and do away with their Football program. But they never leave Town/State...the pro's will pack up and leave in a heartbeat for more money.

Ram's to St. Louis-Ram's back to L.A. Just one of many moves(by many teams). Such as all those fan's that bought jersey's, hat's, flag's in Houston for the Oiler. They were stuck, with the stuff when they moved to Nashville. Remember the Browns? No team for 3 years.

There are so many channels with college games on that you usually can find a well matched game. Anyone see-Tenn vs Georgia last week. The Pro's get the best...but they do not play like the best on some games. Contract coming up...don't watch to injure that knee....play is to the far left of the line....I guess I'll lay back alittle...take a close look, you'll be surprised.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: American pro football 2016

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Another thing. College teams may "fold" do to money, and do away with their Football program. But they never leave Town/State...the pro's will pack up and leave in a heartbeat for more money.

Ram's to St. Louis-Ram's back to L.A. Just one of many moves(by many teams). Such as all those fan's that bought jersey's, hat's, flag's in Houston for the Oiler. They were stuck, with the stuff when they moved to Nashville. Remember the Browns? No team for 3 years.

There are so many channels with college games on that you usually can find a well matched game. Anyone see-Tenn vs Georgia last week. The Pro's get the best...but they do not play like the best on some games. Contract coming up...don't watch to injure that knee....play is to the far left of the line....I guess I'll lay back alittle...take a close look, you'll be surprised.

Meh.

To my eyes, NCAA Division 1 football is a huge financial boondoggle for the vast majority of the schools involved. This one sport sucks up an inordinate percentage of 'booster' and alumnus donations to the school, at the expense of nearly all other athletic and academic endeavor of the University.

Almost any public university tries to bury or obfuscate the fact that their football coaches are the highest paid individual at the University. They make more than the President of the University, college heads, department heads or highly trained and world-leading professionals/academicians.

How much money do colleges (allegedly cash strapped colleges) have to pay to other schools to let them be their homecoming game sitting duck? Auburn will pay Southern Miss $1.7M this year alone to let them stomp their brains in.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index. ... _non-.html

By definition: none of that money goes to the players. Very little of that money rewards other non-affiliated sports programs.

Who picks up the tab? Increasingly, students do. Not through pricier admission to the football games. But by their rising tuition dollars (read: student loans) funding other university programs.

It makes me sick.

No. NCAAF is no pristine financially independent venture. It just sucks the money out in a *different* way than an NFL franchise does. At least with the NFL, you *know* it's about the money from the get go. There's no 'school pride' nonsense to distract you from the fact that *BOTH* are all about the money. So you might as well enjoy the better quality performance.
Image
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

50% of the pro game is commercials, which is why I rarely watch a game on TV. Stream it so I can do something else for all the delays. I am watching more college football now. It's a bit difficult finding a college game that is competitive.
There is this device called a 'remote control' that enables a viewer to seek other entertainment during the interminable commercial interludes.
User avatar
wings7
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:59 am
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

50% of the pro game is commercials, which is why I rarely watch a game on TV. Stream it so I can do something else for all the delays. I am watching more college football now. It's a bit difficult finding a college game that is competitive.
There is this device called a 'remote control' that enables a viewer to seek other entertainment during the interminable commercial interludes.

+1 There is a ton of stuff to watch in 3 minute intervals...
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Will_L_OLD
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 4:15 pm
Location: NYC-Queens

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Will_L_OLD »

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Geez these guys really suck...[8D]

Buffalo wings & nachos sound good though.
User avatar
Gilmer
Posts: 1523
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm
Contact:

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: Zap

I thought they signed him last year to a multi-year contract?

One more reason to show their personnel management is horrific.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
User avatar
Gilmer
Posts: 1523
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm
Contact:

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

To each their own. My opinion is that college football is amateurish and subpar in general. One rarely sees games to the level of those seen in professional football.

Watch Alabama. You'll be surprised at how good college can be.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
User avatar
Qwixt
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:33 am

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Qwixt »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

50% of the pro game is commercials, which is why I rarely watch a game on TV. Stream it so I can do something else for all the delays. I am watching more college football now. It's a bit difficult finding a college game that is competitive.
There is this device called a 'remote control' that enables a viewer to seek other entertainment during the interminable commercial interludes.

Streaming is much better, but I do risk missing a Culter interception while reading the forum.
User avatar
Gilmer
Posts: 1523
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm
Contact:

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Gilmer »

On another forum someone said the Dolphins are looking to pick up Cutler. If I'm the Bears, I jump on that. Ask for some draft picks and take a brand new QB next year, or try and trade Denver for Paxton Lynch.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

On another forum someone said the Dolphins are looking to pick up Cutler. If I'm the Bears, I jump on that.

Yup. Me too. The Bears should thank their stars if they get anything of value in return.
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

To each their own. My opinion is that college football is amateurish and subpar in general. One rarely sees games to the level of those seen in professional football.

Watch Alabama. You'll be surprised at how good college can be.

No thanks. If I'm forced to watch an inferior product, I'd just as soon watch one with local roots. I'm led to believe that Texas has a number of college teams that are of historical import. Besides, it's important for me to see where my hard-earned tax dollars are going (i.e., head coach, stadium, etc.) [;)]
Image
User avatar
Zap
Posts: 3631
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:13 am
Location: LAS VEGAS TAKE A CHANCE

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Max 86

ORIGINAL: wings7

The Los Angeles Rams (they just moved back from St. Louis) beat the mighty Arizona Cardinals (they have not looked mighty this year) 17-13 and have started the season 3-1, it probably won't last but...who knows! [:)] 5 turnovers cost the Cardinals the game and they are now 1-3...
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201610020 ... =fullstory

Its good to see the Rams back in LA. The NFL should never have let the team leave in the first place. I feel for the fans in St. Louis but the Rams belong in LA, just like the Raiders belong in Oakland. Anything else seems unnatural.

Meanwhile my team, the Houston Texans are 3-1 but are probably the weakest 3-1 team in the league. Brock Osweiler is just killing me with his inaccurate passes![:@]


@Max86 Shhh... until we in Las Vegas get the Raiders.
User avatar
wings7
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:59 am
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Zap

ORIGINAL: Max 86

ORIGINAL: wings7

The Los Angeles Rams (they just moved back from St. Louis) beat the mighty Arizona Cardinals (they have not looked mighty this year) 17-13 and have started the season 3-1, it probably won't last but...who knows! [:)] 5 turnovers cost the Cardinals the game and they are now 1-3...
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201610020 ... =fullstory

Its good to see the Rams back in LA. The NFL should never have let the team leave in the first place. I feel for the fans in St. Louis but the Rams belong in LA, just like the Raiders belong in Oakland. Anything else seems unnatural.

Meanwhile my team, the Houston Texans are 3-1 but are probably the weakest 3-1 team in the league. Brock Osweiler is just killing me with his inaccurate passes![:@]


@Max86 Shhh... until we in Las Vegas get the Raiders.

The Raiders belong in Oakland...the Oakland faithful have always supported them (thank God Al Davis (RIP) no longer owns them). Las Vegas deserves a new franchise! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”