OT Things to ponder

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33481
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Oh, boo hiss yourselves.

I get no respect around here.
Who does?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20762
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Oh, boo hiss yourselves.

I get no respect around here.
Who does?
Only those who have no "Far Side" ...

Image
Attachments
inbredsmiley.gif
inbredsmiley.gif (18.56 KiB) Viewed 465 times
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
adarbrauner
Posts: 1531
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:40 am
Location: Zichron Yaaqov, Israel; Before, Treviso, Italy

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by adarbrauner »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Here is the hottest babe I've posted on yet.


Image
Could not be seen any better "babe" on the list here, by far.

Hey, didn't know lizards possessed a noble soul...
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »


User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15204
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by btd64 »

HA. Did you eat the ducks afterward?....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
Lecivius
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:53 am
Location: Denver

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Oh, boo hiss yourselves.

I get no respect around here.
Who does?
Only those who have no "Far Side" ...

Image



Image
Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (25.84 KiB) Viewed 465 times
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

I've seen the official choices for the National Flag of New Zealand. Ho hum. Why couldn't something like this be in the mix, less the "Getty Images" stamp?



Image
Attachments
maoiri.jpg
maoiri.jpg (237.66 KiB) Viewed 465 times

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

You could even put the Southern Cross on it.


Image
Attachments
nzflag.jpg
nzflag.jpg (305.02 KiB) Viewed 465 times

User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20762
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by BBfanboy »

Having visited NZ last year and had some instruction in Maori lore, I support their selection of the silverleaf fern - a" trailblaze" plant that allowed the Maori to find their way around at night.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Will_L
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: NYC-Queens

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Will_L »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

You could even put the Southern Cross on it.


Image

Is this Mel Brooks disguised as a Maori warrior?
was Will_L for a while.
User avatar
scout1
Posts: 3124
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:26 pm
Location: South Bend, In

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by scout1 »

Is it me, or are select posts and (preferred) images being deleted due to political correctness on somebodies part ? Politically correct based on some bizarre sense of beauty ?
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

The Moderator has the power to remove images but I've only seen him do it once, and I was the miscreant who posted it, an image of an unclothed person with large tatas who was however, mostly covered in paint. In that case he owned up to it just after he did it and explained why. If you think someone is deleting your posted images, you can take a screenshot of your post before anyone has a chance to delete it and use that as evidence.

Now, I sometimes am a good boy and delete my own posts, or rather the content, when I realize it was inappropriate.

Will_L
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: NYC-Queens

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Will_L »

Not sure, haven't really noticed that. Sometimes the images don't show for some reason
though if I leave the site or restart they are there when I come back.
was Will_L for a while.
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: scout1

Is it me, or are select posts and (preferred) images being deleted due to political correctness on somebodies part ? Politically correct based on some bizarre sense of beauty ?

You haven't turned the green button red on someone and forgotten you did it, have you?

Somebody repeat this, I bet he put that red button on me and doesn't know what high intellectual content he is missing.

User avatar
scout1
Posts: 3124
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:26 pm
Location: South Bend, In

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by scout1 »

noppers ... a boatload of fine PG images gone from December .... prior to Barbara Eden images ....
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

All those movies are utter crap because I'm not in them. Do you have any idea how long it's been since I got a regular paycheck from Paramount? I mean, the residuals are nice but I'm just twiddling my thumbs here. I'm doing all the stretches and excersises to be ready to launch styrofoam boulders anywhere. I've even hired Jamie Lee Curtis as my trainer. Not even a nibble.


Image

We just had a bit of hiatus or interruptus or whatever the word is. There were many complaints on that score. I see my GIF of Curtis is still there.

User avatar
scout1
Posts: 3124
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:26 pm
Location: South Bend, In

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by scout1 »

yeah, they retain images of Rudolf Hess, but edit images (PG) of some fine females ...... free speech in this country is at risk, particularly if it hurts 1 or 2 persons feelings ..... Whatever happen to Patrick Henry's idea's ?
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

If you have any lawyer or judge friends, show them this



Image
Attachments
lasercat2wres2.jpg
lasercat2wres2.jpg (452.83 KiB) Viewed 465 times

Will_L
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: NYC-Queens

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Will_L »

I was having dinner in my office about an hour ago when
I feel something touch my right calf.
First thought is "Oh crap, an effing rat!"
Jump up and look down...
Its Muggsy, a Shih Tzu-Poodle mix that belongs to one of the residents in the building,
and he decided to stop by to visit while his owner was in the gym.
Probably smelled my dinner and came looking for a handout [:D]
Apparently called PooTzu's though I think Shizoodle sounds far more awesome [8D]
was Will_L for a while.
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

I'm getting into the habit of inspiring forumites who've been around a lot longer than me to post something. Hoorah!

Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”