OT Things to ponder

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20763
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Not much going on round here so I'll just throw out this


Image
OK - I'll bite (pun intended) - what's that loop of string there - something to help get the zipper up or is it attached to something hidden in the "valley of the shadow of bliss"?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
Lecivius
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:53 am
Location: Denver

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Lecivius »

It's a fuse [;)]



Image
Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (27.96 KiB) Viewed 291 times
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33495
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

It's a fuse [;)]



Image
Then you would be wrong. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

It's a fuse [;)]



Image
Then you would be wrong. [:)]

I never used to have dyslexia, but more and more I've got something like it, reading one word in place of another, where there is only a vague resemblance. I don't think it's all my eyes, I think things are getting dilapidated up there, water is leaking through the roof dripping onto things that are rusting. Plink, plink, plink.

User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

It's a fuse [;)]



Image
Then you would be wrong. [:)]

I never used to have dylsexia, but more and more I've got something like it, reading one word in place of another, where there is only a vague resemblance. I don't think it's all my eyes, I think things are getting dilapidated up there, water is leaking through the roof dripping onto things that are rusting. Plink, plink, plink.
Fixed your post for you.
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33495
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I never used to have dyslexia, but more and more I've got something like it, reading one word in place of another, where there is only a vague resemblance. I don't think it's all my eyes, I think things are getting dilapidated up there, water is leaking through the roof dripping onto things that are rusting. Plink, plink, plink.
Nah. Your brain are just in a hurry to get to the end of the sentence. Therefore it guess the words after seeing just a couple of the letters and thereby make the reading faster. Your brain is probably as sharp as ever. It just has more important things to ponder on.

No rust here. Nothing to see. Move along.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Hello all. I'm trying to get my game started with AW1Steve. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I've noticed that the scroll speed on the map is like watching crabgrass grow through the cracks of the sidewalk. I've been using the jump map but that will just be unacceptable for playing. Anyone know what the fix is?

rockmedic109
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
Location: Citrus Heights, CA

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by rockmedic109 »

Create a new shortcut.

Redo you command line. Remember to use the keyboard "-" rather than the NumPad -.
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Also, I'm having too many problems with the windowed mode. I tried removing the -w switch but that didn't work, is there another switch I have to put in for full-screen mode? I'm getting nowhere with forum searches.

User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15205
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by btd64 »

Hey Gorn, Are you kidding me. You know this stuff[;)]....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

Create a new shortcut.

Redo you command line. Remember to use the keyboard "-" rather than the NumPad -.

tried that, no change.

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Hey Gorn, Are you kidding me. You know this stuff[;)]....GP

The last time I started one of these things up it was 2014. I've lost at least 2014 to the 10th power brain cells since then. [:(]

User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33495
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Hey Gorn, Are you kidding me. You know this stuff[;)]....GP

The last time I started one of these things up it was 2014. I've lost at least 2014 to the 10th power brain cells since then. [:(]
Ah. But you created 10 to the 2017th power new brain cells since then. [;)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

On the scrolling, the vertical is not too bad, and it speeds up after you start it for some reason. The horizontal scrolling is very sluggish though, and you have to keep pushing the mouse or it stops altogether.

User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15205
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by btd64 »

What switches are you using?....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15205
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by btd64 »

Also, look in the Tech forum. There a few threads about win 10 that might help....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
1EyedJacks
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:26 am
Location: Reno, NV

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by 1EyedJacks »

Below might give you some insight.

"C:\Matrix Games - Focus Pacific\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px1680 -py1050 -archive -skipVideo

If you R-click on the desktop in W10 and select displat settings and then Advanced display settings, you should see something under resolution like 1920 x 1080. If you select that in your -px and -py you should get a windows the size of your current screen.

If you click on the resolution box you should see acceptable screen resolutions for your video card. Chose something comfortable for you.

Image
Attachments
screenres.jpg
screenres.jpg (48.48 KiB) Viewed 291 times
TTFN,

Mike
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Here's what I'm using, and was using before the update from W-7 to W-10

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -fd -altfont -px1920 -py1080 -archive -cpu1 -w

User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15205
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by btd64 »

Try;

-SingleCpuOrders

....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20763
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by BBfanboy »

Most players find they need the -deepColor switch too. The tech forum has a more complete list and even a list of all the switches with explanation of what they do.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”