OK - I'll bite (pun intended) - what's that loop of string there - something to help get the zipper up or is it attached to something hidden in the "valley of the shadow of bliss"?ORIGINAL: geofflambert
Not much going on round here so I'll just throw out this
![]()
OT Things to ponder
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: OT Things to ponder
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
RE: OT Things to ponder
It's a fuse [;)]


- Attachments
-
- th.jpg (27.96 KiB) Viewed 289 times
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
RE: OT Things to ponder
Then you would be wrong. [:)]ORIGINAL: Lecivius
It's a fuse [;)]
![]()
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
ORIGINAL: Orm
Then you would be wrong. [:)]ORIGINAL: Lecivius
It's a fuse [;)]
![]()
I never used to have dyslexia, but more and more I've got something like it, reading one word in place of another, where there is only a vague resemblance. I don't think it's all my eyes, I think things are getting dilapidated up there, water is leaking through the roof dripping onto things that are rusting. Plink, plink, plink.
RE: OT Things to ponder
Fixed your post for you.ORIGINAL: geofflambert
ORIGINAL: Orm
Then you would be wrong. [:)]ORIGINAL: Lecivius
It's a fuse [;)]
![]()
I never used to have dylsexia, but more and more I've got something like it, reading one word in place of another, where there is only a vague resemblance. I don't think it's all my eyes, I think things are getting dilapidated up there, water is leaking through the roof dripping onto things that are rusting. Plink, plink, plink.
Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/home
RE: OT Things to ponder
Nah. Your brain are just in a hurry to get to the end of the sentence. Therefore it guess the words after seeing just a couple of the letters and thereby make the reading faster. Your brain is probably as sharp as ever. It just has more important things to ponder on.ORIGINAL: geofflambert
I never used to have dyslexia, but more and more I've got something like it, reading one word in place of another, where there is only a vague resemblance. I don't think it's all my eyes, I think things are getting dilapidated up there, water is leaking through the roof dripping onto things that are rusting. Plink, plink, plink.
No rust here. Nothing to see. Move along.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
Hello all. I'm trying to get my game started with AW1Steve. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I've noticed that the scroll speed on the map is like watching crabgrass grow through the cracks of the sidewalk. I've been using the jump map but that will just be unacceptable for playing. Anyone know what the fix is?
-
rockmedic109
- Posts: 2470
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
- Location: Citrus Heights, CA
RE: OT Things to ponder
Create a new shortcut.
Redo you command line. Remember to use the keyboard "-" rather than the NumPad -.
Redo you command line. Remember to use the keyboard "-" rather than the NumPad -.
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
Also, I'm having too many problems with the windowed mode. I tried removing the -w switch but that didn't work, is there another switch I have to put in for full-screen mode? I'm getting nowhere with forum searches.
RE: OT Things to ponder
Hey Gorn, Are you kidding me. You know this stuff[;)]....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
ORIGINAL: rockmedic109
Create a new shortcut.
Redo you command line. Remember to use the keyboard "-" rather than the NumPad -.
tried that, no change.
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
ORIGINAL: General Patton
Hey Gorn, Are you kidding me. You know this stuff[;)]....GP
The last time I started one of these things up it was 2014. I've lost at least 2014 to the 10th power brain cells since then. [:(]
RE: OT Things to ponder
Ah. But you created 10 to the 2017th power new brain cells since then. [;)]ORIGINAL: geofflambert
ORIGINAL: General Patton
Hey Gorn, Are you kidding me. You know this stuff[;)]....GP
The last time I started one of these things up it was 2014. I've lost at least 2014 to the 10th power brain cells since then. [:(]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
On the scrolling, the vertical is not too bad, and it speeds up after you start it for some reason. The horizontal scrolling is very sluggish though, and you have to keep pushing the mouse or it stops altogether.
RE: OT Things to ponder
What switches are you using?....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
RE: OT Things to ponder
Also, look in the Tech forum. There a few threads about win 10 that might help....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
- 1EyedJacks
- Posts: 2304
- Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:26 am
- Location: Reno, NV
RE: OT Things to ponder
Below might give you some insight.
"C:\Matrix Games - Focus Pacific\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px1680 -py1050 -archive -skipVideo
If you R-click on the desktop in W10 and select displat settings and then Advanced display settings, you should see something under resolution like 1920 x 1080. If you select that in your -px and -py you should get a windows the size of your current screen.
If you click on the resolution box you should see acceptable screen resolutions for your video card. Chose something comfortable for you.

"C:\Matrix Games - Focus Pacific\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px1680 -py1050 -archive -skipVideo
If you R-click on the desktop in W10 and select displat settings and then Advanced display settings, you should see something under resolution like 1920 x 1080. If you select that in your -px and -py you should get a windows the size of your current screen.
If you click on the resolution box you should see acceptable screen resolutions for your video card. Chose something comfortable for you.

- Attachments
-
- screenres.jpg (48.48 KiB) Viewed 289 times
TTFN,
Mike
Mike
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
Here's what I'm using, and was using before the update from W-7 to W-10
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -fd -altfont -px1920 -py1080 -archive -cpu1 -w
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -fd -altfont -px1920 -py1080 -archive -cpu1 -w
RE: OT Things to ponder
Try;
-SingleCpuOrders
....GP
-SingleCpuOrders
....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
RE: OT Things to ponder
Most players find they need the -deepColor switch too. The tech forum has a more complete list and even a list of all the switches with explanation of what they do.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth






