The retail cost of Uncommon Valor in Sweden

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
U2
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Västerås,Sweden
Contact:

The retail cost of Uncommon Valor in Sweden

Post by U2 »

I just can't believe it.....229 Swedish krona. When the dollar is strong (10:1) that means only 22.90 bucks!:eek: Same price for Starships....

A new game in Sweden usually costs 400-500 Krona.

If a Swede is reading this check out http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=17795

It's the place where I bought a brand new copy of Airborne Assault for 12 bucks.

Anyhoo I've already preordered Korsun Pocket with Duchet and I'm gonna honor that order but for Titans of Steel and the rest of the upcoming Matrix games I'm gonna hold out till it reaches this retail store in Sweden. Big bucks to be saved.

Oh I would like to order directly from Matrix but the extra 30 bucks for UPS is just too much for a student. I hope that David and Co will one day be able to ship to far away places without UPS. I do know why it is so today so no need to explain:)

Cheers
Dan
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Belisarius »

Holy.... :eek:

Even with the current exchange rate, it's still not more than $ 29!! :eek: :D
Image
Got StuG?
User avatar
U2
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Västerås,Sweden
Contact:

Post by U2 »

Originally posted by Belisarius
Holy.... :eek:

Even with the current exchange rate, it's still not more than $ 29!! :eek: :D


Madhouse, it's a madhouse I tell ya:eek: :D

I just want to express my gratitude towards Matrix for signing that deal with JustPlay to bring us retail copies to Europe. It looks like a good deal from where I live:)
User avatar
Fallschirmjager
Posts: 3555
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Why is the box in english?
User avatar
U2
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Västerås,Sweden
Contact:

Post by U2 »

Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
Why is the box in english?


I have never heard of any other prints other than the english ones.
User avatar
Fallschirmjager
Posts: 3555
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Really?

is english that well known that it doesnt hurt sales to have all the games in english?
User avatar
U2
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Västerås,Sweden
Contact:

Post by U2 »

Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
Really?

is english that well known that it doesnt hurt sales to have all the games in english?


Well I can only speak for Sweden and the boxes have always been in English. Some of the big companies print a special cover with our language (for example my copy of MOHAA) or with the four Scandinavian languages. It's not very common and since 99% of us speak excellent English anyway it's not a problem...maybe for the kids:)

The games themselves are in English...if it is a Swedish game by a local company meant only for our market it is in Swedish of course.

It is not official but English is our second language.
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

Post by Marc von Martial »

What you see there is the box our european strategic partner Just Play ( www.justplaynow.com ) made for Europe.

This is the US box ;) :

Image
Attachments
uv_box_web.jpg
uv_box_web.jpg (26.66 KiB) Viewed 598 times
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

Post by pasternakski »

Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
Why is the box in english?


Note the Mother Country spelling of "valour" as opposed to the cretinesque "valor" that is tolerated in the States.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
Fred98
Posts: 4019
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Wollondilly, Sydney

Post by Fred98 »

Well said pasternakski.

Perhaps one day they will get the date format right too :)
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Belisarius »

Originally posted by Joe 98
Well said pasternakski.

Perhaps one day they will get the date format right too :)


Haha! Yeah I can live with their refusal to accept standardized, easy, decimal-based units for length, weight, speed etc... but the date formats I'll never learn. :p

Expire by 03/06/08. What's that? For me, it means June 8, 2003. (year-month-day. simple!) But in american? March 6 2008? August 6 2003? June 3 2008? :rolleyes:
Image
Got StuG?
Ian Packham
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:03 am

Post by Ian Packham »

Originally posted by Belisarius
Haha! Yeah I can live with their refusal to accept standardized, easy, decimal-based units for length, weight, speed etc... but the date formats I'll never learn. :p


Shhh.... Dont criticise the USA or Bush will label Sweden as part of the axis of evil. He will produce reports showing how you are strapping chemical weapons onto the backs of Santa's reindeers so when Christmas comes around, Sweden can launch a sneak attack on innocent American families.

He is picking up the phone to Blair as we speak....:D
That's the view of a few vociferous idiots here whose politics are to the right of Ghengis Khan and defend their hatred of foreigners and minorities with the idea that they are practicing patriotism rather than bigotry.
Ian Packham
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:03 am

Post by Ian Packham »

Originally posted by U2
It is not official but English is our second language.


You're joking. Most Swedes speak better English than the British Queen! We will have to start employing you guys as English teachers in our schools;)
That's the view of a few vociferous idiots here whose politics are to the right of Ghengis Khan and defend their hatred of foreigners and minorities with the idea that they are practicing patriotism rather than bigotry.
User avatar
joki
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:28 pm
Location: Varberg, Sweden

Post by joki »

U2, that was an excellent site tip !! I have just been there and I found several games I would like to buy !!
Matrix Games players - Divided by borders, united by the game !!
User avatar
U2
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Västerås,Sweden
Contact:

Post by U2 »

Originally posted by Ian Packham
You're joking. Most Swedes speak better English than the British Queen! We will have to start employing you guys as English teachers in our schools;)


I've been thinking about going to Ireland to teach instead of staying in Sweden when I graduate...England sounds good too.
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

Proper english fluency by seemingly foreign persons is not actually all that surprising.

I have had really nice conversations with a japanese girl that spoke more effective english than the friends I have here in town.

I have had enjoyable chats with a girl in Portugal, who only occasionally was stumped by an abreviated word.

The truth is, in countries where english is a second language, but not the mother tongue, but where it is seen as desirable to learn fluent english, it is usually learned properly as well.

On the other hand, it is seen as a casual obvious skill, one taken for granted, and not pursued with much interest in actual english speaking countries.

English fluency in Canada and the US is not seen as a priority. Just another way for our education system to fail us really.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
User avatar
The MSG
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Sviþjoð
Contact:

Post by The MSG »

Another copy of UV sold! Way to go Matrix! Get them out there and I'll buy them! :)

If you distribute they will sell...LONG LIVE MATRIX!

Err... time for my pills! ;)


:D
"Arf! Arf! Thats my other dog impression."
-Oddball

Image
User avatar
U2
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Västerås,Sweden
Contact:

Post by U2 »

Originally posted by The MSG
Another copy of UV sold! Way to go Matrix! Get them out there and I'll buy them! :)

:D


Does this mean I can now kick your behind in UV?:D
Blunderbuss
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:24 pm
Location: Consett, NE England

Post by Blunderbuss »

:o I must admit to total ignorance of Matrix Games until I stumbled on this website by accident. Most of my strategy gaming up till now has been with real time games. Can somebody please recommend one of Matrix Games products that would make a good introduction to turn-based strategy? I'll keep an eye out for any recommendations, assuming they are on sale in the UK.

The last TBS I played properly was probably Laser Squad on the Amiga 500 about twelve years ago.
User avatar
Fallschirmjager
Posts: 3555
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Click on the second game in my banner

It will be real time

Also check out Close Assault by Matrix
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”