The retail cost of Uncommon Valor in Sweden
Moderator: maddog986
The retail cost of Uncommon Valor in Sweden
I just can't believe it.....229 Swedish krona. When the dollar is strong (10:1) that means only 22.90 bucks!:eek: Same price for Starships....
A new game in Sweden usually costs 400-500 Krona.
If a Swede is reading this check out http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=17795
It's the place where I bought a brand new copy of Airborne Assault for 12 bucks.
Anyhoo I've already preordered Korsun Pocket with Duchet and I'm gonna honor that order but for Titans of Steel and the rest of the upcoming Matrix games I'm gonna hold out till it reaches this retail store in Sweden. Big bucks to be saved.
Oh I would like to order directly from Matrix but the extra 30 bucks for UPS is just too much for a student. I hope that David and Co will one day be able to ship to far away places without UPS. I do know why it is so today so no need to explain:)
Cheers
Dan
A new game in Sweden usually costs 400-500 Krona.
If a Swede is reading this check out http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=17795
It's the place where I bought a brand new copy of Airborne Assault for 12 bucks.
Anyhoo I've already preordered Korsun Pocket with Duchet and I'm gonna honor that order but for Titans of Steel and the rest of the upcoming Matrix games I'm gonna hold out till it reaches this retail store in Sweden. Big bucks to be saved.
Oh I would like to order directly from Matrix but the extra 30 bucks for UPS is just too much for a student. I hope that David and Co will one day be able to ship to far away places without UPS. I do know why it is so today so no need to explain:)
Cheers
Dan
- Belisarius
- Posts: 3099
- Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- Contact:
Originally posted by Belisarius
Holy....![]()
Even with the current exchange rate, it's still not more than $ 29!!![]()
![]()
Madhouse, it's a madhouse I tell ya:eek:
I just want to express my gratitude towards Matrix for signing that deal with JustPlay to bring us retail copies to Europe. It looks like a good deal from where I live:)
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
Really?
is english that well known that it doesnt hurt sales to have all the games in english?
Well I can only speak for Sweden and the boxes have always been in English. Some of the big companies print a special cover with our language (for example my copy of MOHAA) or with the four Scandinavian languages. It's not very common and since 99% of us speak excellent English anyway it's not a problem...maybe for the kids:)
The games themselves are in English...if it is a Swedish game by a local company meant only for our market it is in Swedish of course.
It is not official but English is our second language.
- Marc von Martial
- Posts: 5292
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Contact:
What you see there is the box our european strategic partner Just Play ( www.justplaynow.com ) made for Europe.
This is the US box
:

This is the US box
- Attachments
-
- uv_box_web.jpg (26.66 KiB) Viewed 611 times
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
- Belisarius
- Posts: 3099
- Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- Contact:
Originally posted by Joe 98
Well said pasternakski.
Perhaps one day they will get the date format right too![]()
Haha! Yeah I can live with their refusal to accept standardized, easy, decimal-based units for length, weight, speed etc... but the date formats I'll never learn. :p
Expire by 03/06/08. What's that? For me, it means June 8, 2003. (year-month-day. simple!) But in american? March 6 2008? August 6 2003? June 3 2008? :rolleyes:
-
Ian Packham
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:03 am
Originally posted by Belisarius
Haha! Yeah I can live with their refusal to accept standardized, easy, decimal-based units for length, weight, speed etc... but the date formats I'll never learn. :p
Shhh.... Dont criticise the USA or Bush will label Sweden as part of the axis of evil. He will produce reports showing how you are strapping chemical weapons onto the backs of Santa's reindeers so when Christmas comes around, Sweden can launch a sneak attack on innocent American families.
He is picking up the phone to Blair as we speak....
That's the view of a few vociferous idiots here whose politics are to the right of Ghengis Khan and defend their hatred of foreigners and minorities with the idea that they are practicing patriotism rather than bigotry.
-
Ian Packham
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:03 am
Originally posted by U2
It is not official but English is our second language.
You're joking. Most Swedes speak better English than the British Queen! We will have to start employing you guys as English teachers in our schools;)
That's the view of a few vociferous idiots here whose politics are to the right of Ghengis Khan and defend their hatred of foreigners and minorities with the idea that they are practicing patriotism rather than bigotry.
Originally posted by Ian Packham
You're joking. Most Swedes speak better English than the British Queen! We will have to start employing you guys as English teachers in our schools;)
I've been thinking about going to Ireland to teach instead of staying in Sweden when I graduate...England sounds good too.
-
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
- Posts: 3943
- Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am
Proper english fluency by seemingly foreign persons is not actually all that surprising.
I have had really nice conversations with a japanese girl that spoke more effective english than the friends I have here in town.
I have had enjoyable chats with a girl in Portugal, who only occasionally was stumped by an abreviated word.
The truth is, in countries where english is a second language, but not the mother tongue, but where it is seen as desirable to learn fluent english, it is usually learned properly as well.
On the other hand, it is seen as a casual obvious skill, one taken for granted, and not pursued with much interest in actual english speaking countries.
English fluency in Canada and the US is not seen as a priority. Just another way for our education system to fail us really.
I have had really nice conversations with a japanese girl that spoke more effective english than the friends I have here in town.
I have had enjoyable chats with a girl in Portugal, who only occasionally was stumped by an abreviated word.
The truth is, in countries where english is a second language, but not the mother tongue, but where it is seen as desirable to learn fluent english, it is usually learned properly as well.
On the other hand, it is seen as a casual obvious skill, one taken for granted, and not pursued with much interest in actual english speaking countries.
English fluency in Canada and the US is not seen as a priority. Just another way for our education system to fail us really.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
-
Blunderbuss
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:24 pm
- Location: Consett, NE England
The last TBS I played properly was probably Laser Squad on the Amiga 500 about twelve years ago.
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee









