Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Moderator: maddog986
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Kind of figured PCO was done but always wondered why Slitherine/Matrix didn't try to make this kind of game. Besides CM, what is there. Graveiteam is similar but different, seems like there's an opening for some competition to CM.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
-
aaatoysandmore
- Posts: 2846
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:35 pm
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Another Combat Leader dust in the wind game I guess. I kinda figured after the origional developers left it was gonna be vaporware. There was always hope though till the fat lady screams.
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Thank you for this answer, frank, honest, clear and precise.ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi guys,
Iain is away this week and he's not involved in Panzer Command in any case. When you hear from Mobius above, he and Rick are the Panzer Command team and as far as I know they have hit some serious technical obstacles with the map tools as far as allowing the series to continue. If they are able to overcome those, perhaps we'll see another release, but otherwise Ostfront is the complete final release.
Regards,
- Erik
But this answer does not suit us.
We want the game to be a sequel.
There are enough genius modders on this forum to create a mod west front
or a map editor that works.
In addition, if Rick and Mobius need material support to accomplish this work, I am sure that a subscription to the community fan would succeed.
Regards,
- Eric
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
ORIGINAL: rico21
This game is below the first three Combat Mission but it is above all the following ones.
Considering the fact that I do have the first three Combat Mission on the very computer I'm typing from, it's amazing how easily I forget that they were published from 2000 to 2003.
Some years later I found a link to a torrent with hundreds of scenarios and campaigns for all three games (all created by the players). I doubt that I'll be able to chew all that the original CMs have to offer in this lifetime.
The "second generation" was a crock. Sure, the graphic were nicer, but the actual game offered much less. I'm of the school "A square and a line are a perfectly fine way to represent a tank - just give me tons of data, units, scenarios, a scenario generator and an editor.
It is for the same reason that I still play HPS' Panthers in the Shadows and Tigers on the Prowl II. Sure, the various iterations of Steel Panthers are more pleasant, and with a cleaner interface, but they lack a transparent penetration model and,,most of all, the realistic chain of command - a frustrating feature (if you choose to activate the option), but that's the very point.
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"
(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"
(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39783
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
ORIGINAL: budd
Kind of figured PCO was done but always wondered why Slitherine/Matrix didn't try to make this kind of game. Besides CM, what is there. Graveiteam is similar but different, seems like there's an opening for some competition to CM.
You may not have noticed, but we are working on a sequel to Steel Panthers together with 2by3. [8D]
Regards,
- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39783
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore
Another Combat Leader dust in the wind game I guess. I kinda figured after the origional developers left it was gonna be vaporware. There was always hope though till the fat lady screams.
Considering Combat Leader never made it to release despite major efforts whereas Panzer Command had three releases, I don't think they are that similar. I would also like Panzer Command to continue, for what it's worth.
Regards,
- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39783
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
ORIGINAL: rico21
Thank you for this answer, frank, honest, clear and precise.
But this answer does not suit us.
We want the game to be a sequel.
There are enough genius modders on this forum to create a mod west front
or a map editor that works.
In addition, if Rick and Mobius need material support to accomplish this work, I am sure that a subscription to the community fan would succeed.
You are absolutely welcome to contact Mobius and Rick and volunteer to help. If you or another modder is able to help solve the technical problems they are having and make future releases realistic, I'm sure there would be a spot for you on the team.
Regards,
- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: budd
Kind of figured PCO was done but always wondered why Slitherine/Matrix didn't try to make this kind of game. Besides CM, what is there. Graveiteam is similar but different, seems like there's an opening for some competition to CM.
You may not have noticed, but we are working on a sequel to Steel Panthers together with 2by3. [8D]
Regards,
- Erik
O I noticed, care to give a status update[:D]
Played Steel Panthers for 10 years straight, its how i found Matrix.Totally different type of game though, unless your saying Steel Tigers is wego.
I still have all the original CM games but since the last computer upgrade cant get the widescreen to work and playing in a small square box just didn't appeal to me. Tried work arounds but nothing worked and some i couldn't get to start on windows 10, otherwise i would still be playing them. I like the new CM games and maybe its been so long since i played the originals i don't see the negative differences.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Based on the tests I just performed,ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: rico21
Thank you for this answer, frank, honest, clear and precise.
But this answer does not suit us.
We want the game to be a sequel.
There are enough genius modders on this forum to create a mod west front
or a map editor that works.
In addition, if Rick and Mobius need material support to accomplish this work, I am sure that a subscription to the community fan would succeed.
You are absolutely welcome to contact Mobius and Rick and volunteer to help. If you or another modder is able to help solve the technical problems they are having and make future releases realistic, I'm sure there would be a spot for you on the team.
Regards,
- Erik

The mapmaker does not work on my laptop windows 64 family 1.6 ghz.[:(]
The mapmaker works on my Dell i.5 windows 64 pro.[8D]
My hobby is the scenarios. Mapping and modding, very little.[:)]
The Battle Academy modding looks like Panzer Command, we need an Amaris.[&o]
In short, show and game must go on!

-
aaatoysandmore
- Posts: 2846
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:35 pm
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
ORIGINAL: budd
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: budd
Kind of figured PCO was done but always wondered why Slitherine/Matrix didn't try to make this kind of game. Besides CM, what is there. Graveiteam is similar but different, seems like there's an opening for some competition to CM.
You may not have noticed, but we are working on a sequel to Steel Panthers together with 2by3. [8D]
Regards,
- Erik
O I noticed, care to give a status update[:D]
Played Steel Panthers for 10 years straight, its how i found Matrix.Totally different type of game though, unless your saying Steel Tigers is wego.
I still have all the original CM games but since the last computer upgrade cant get the widescreen to work and playing in a small square box just didn't appeal to me. Tried work arounds but nothing worked and some i couldn't get to start on windows 10, otherwise i would still be playing them. I like the new CM games and maybe its been so long since i played the originals i don't see the negative differences.
Did you try ALt+enter?
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
ORIGINAL: rico21
.....
Based on the tests I just performed,
The mapmaker does not work on my laptop windows 64 family 1.6 ghz.[:(]
The mapmaker works on my Dell i.5 windows 64 pro.[8D]
...
In short, show and game must go on!![]()
After this thread started, I tried again to get the Map Maker - googlemaps interface working but had no success. On your Dell i.5 did you actually import a map from googlemaps using Map Maker?
If anyone has experience with the current google maps api and would be interested in joining the PCO team, please contact me.
Thanks
rick
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
ORIGINAL: budd
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: budd
Kind of figured PCO was done but always wondered why Slitherine/Matrix didn't try to make this kind of game. Besides CM, what is there. Graveiteam is similar but different, seems like there's an opening for some competition to CM.
You may not have noticed, but we are working on a sequel to Steel Panthers together with 2by3. [8D]
Regards,
- Erik
O I noticed, care to give a status update[:D]
Played Steel Panthers for 10 years straight, its how i found Matrix.Totally different type of game though, unless your saying Steel Tigers is wego.
I still have all the original CM games but since the last computer upgrade cant get the widescreen to work and playing in a small square box just didn't appeal to me. Tried work arounds but nothing worked and some i couldn't get to start on windows 10, otherwise i would still be playing them. I like the new CM games and maybe its been so long since i played the originals i don't see the negative differences.
I've just (since reading your post) installed CMBO CMBB CMAK on a HP win 10 17" 1600x900 laptop I bought a few months ago.
It works, eventually, a bit like getting it to work on windows 8.1.
Lots of waiting for graphics to load, alt tabbing, start another program, make a coffee come back and it might have started but is like treacle so more alt-tabbing then all of a sudden it works.
It runs at 1024 x 768 which is Ok on my screen.
I much prefer the older CM games to the newer CMx2 ones. It's the random battle generator I like - as with most wargames.
PS - I still can't get Europa Universalis 2 or For The Glory to run despite trying the various web fixes - so I guess graphics and luck have something to do with this old game lark.
PPS And I still haven't completed the tutorial to Panzer Command Ostfront - to get back almost on topic.
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore
ORIGINAL: budd
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
You may not have noticed, but we are working on a sequel to Steel Panthers together with 2by3. [8D]
Regards,
- Erik
O I noticed, care to give a status update[:D]
Played Steel Panthers for 10 years straight, its how i found Matrix.Totally different type of game though, unless your saying Steel Tigers is wego.
I still have all the original CM games but since the last computer upgrade cant get the widescreen to work and playing in a small square box just didn't appeal to me. Tried work arounds but nothing worked and some i couldn't get to start on windows 10, otherwise i would still be playing them. I like the new CM games and maybe its been so long since i played the originals i don't see the negative differences.
Did you try ALt+enter?
To be honest don't remember all the things i tried, but tried everything i could find on the net at the time before uninstalling in disappointment.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Can not import google map but i do this,ORIGINAL: rickier65
ORIGINAL: rico21
.....
Based on the tests I just performed,
The mapmaker does not work on my laptop windows 64 family 1.6 ghz.[:(]
The mapmaker works on my Dell i.5 windows 64 pro.[8D]
...
In short, show and game must go on!![]()
After this thread started, I tried again to get the Map Maker - googlemaps interface working but had no success. On your Dell i.5 did you actually import a map from googlemaps using Map Maker?
If anyone has experience with the current google maps api and would be interested in joining the PCO team, please contact me.
Thanks
rick
1- I take a screenshot in png file of googlemap
2- I convert with paint net in 1000x1000 bmp file
3- I import it in mapmaker (with map size 1000) in heightmap and terrainmap
4-I build the map



- Attachments
-
- orleans6.jpg (58.51 KiB) Viewed 796 times
-
- orleans4.jpg (249.69 KiB) Viewed 796 times
-
- orleans1j.jpg (137.93 KiB) Viewed 796 times
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
My first scenario Leningrad is out on the Panzer Command Ostfront forum!






- Attachments
-
- scr3.jpg (158.79 KiB) Viewed 796 times
-
- scr1.jpg (106.94 KiB) Viewed 796 times
-
- scr2.jpg (207.82 KiB) Viewed 796 times
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
I got it from Rick who is looking into why the Map Maker no longer importing Google Earth images. Seem we are caught in a war between MS and Google. MS browser (map maker is written in browser code) no longer supports some things GE needs to get the image. Now there is a work around that can run the old api but then GE thinks you are using an older browser and won't load. Catch 22.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
panzer
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
ORIGINAL: rico21
Can not import google map but i do this,ORIGINAL: rickier65
ORIGINAL: rico21
.....
Based on the tests I just performed,
The mapmaker does not work on my laptop windows 64 family 1.6 ghz.[:(]
The mapmaker works on my Dell i.5 windows 64 pro.[8D]
...
In short, show and game must go on!![]()
After this thread started, I tried again to get the Map Maker - googlemaps interface working but had no success. On your Dell i.5 did you actually import a map from googlemaps using Map Maker?
If anyone has experience with the current google maps api and would be interested in joining the PCO team, please contact me.
Thanks
rick
1- I take a screenshot in png file of googlemap
2- I convert with paint net in 1000x1000 bmp file
3- I import it in mapmaker (with map size 1000) in heightmap and terrainmap
4-I build the map
Ok, thanks, maybe I'll see about bypassing the googlemap map import routines for now.
Thanks!
Rick
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Where Iron Crosses Grow, The scenario which does not need to be presented +++++++++++


- Attachments
-
- WICG1.jpg (138.7 KiB) Viewed 796 times
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Today, We present The Best 2017 Scenario Award Big Ivan :[&o][&o][&o]
-Desperates Measures

-Desperates Measures

- Attachments
-
- despe1.jpg (383.85 KiB) Viewed 796 times




