
Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
The situation in the West


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis2.jpg (205.17 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
And in front of Caen


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis3.jpg (191.47 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
After my double move, the Allies get it right back. Here is the overall situation.


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis4.jpg (176.92 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
The situation in the West


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis5.jpg (201.4 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
The Brits and Canadians are making life interesting around Caen.


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis6.jpg (172.96 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
So, I'm playing longer tonight than planned as my favourite hockey team is getting thumped. I've turned off the TV and am going to get another turn or more done.


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis7.jpg (179.85 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
I'm trying to understand this. This is a fully supplied and very ready unit, why is it so low on proficiency?
I thought that the Panzer Lehr were a very good division. Time to check the internet...

I thought that the Panzer Lehr were a very good division. Time to check the internet...

- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis9.jpg (12.09 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
Here is a look at the Western side of the AO.


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis8.jpg (198.91 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
And now the Eastern edge.


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis10.jpg (185.78 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
Another set of back to backs, this time for the Allies.
My team lost badly tonight in the hockey playoffs. Oh well...

My team lost badly tonight in the hockey playoffs. Oh well...

- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis9.jpg (158.64 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
A look at the western side of the AO


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis11.jpg (204.02 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
In front of Caen


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis12.jpg (175 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
Pz Lehr: Checking the scenario I see its units all have 1% proficiency, which is obviously a bug ...
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
Szilard,
Yes, all the units have that wonderfully high proficiency. Hopefully, they will learn quickly...
All the best,
Yes, all the units have that wonderfully high proficiency. Hopefully, they will learn quickly...
All the best,
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
So, the Allies and I keep trading off back to back moves. My turn to do the double.


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis13.jpg (155.78 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
I did a quick cursory compare of your previous AAR with this one, on June 13th, just to see how the PO/AI was doing. Not bad, other than the failure to linkup the beaches? What do you think? I'm always interested in these games in the capabilities of the AI, and so far TOAW has really not disappointed me much. Did you give the AI an advantage?
[I turn off the radio, when my Texas Rangers give up 5 or 6 runs in an inning, so I know how you feel about your hockey team.]
[I turn off the radio, when my Texas Rangers give up 5 or 6 runs in an inning, so I know how you feel about your hockey team.]
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
gwgardner,
Here is a look at the situation on June 14th in my AAR as the Allied player.
I had made some deeper progress off Utah beach and had linked all five beaches together. I know I was having issues with supply.
In this battle, the Allies are much closer to Caen.
The AI is giving me lots of problems, but I feel that it has missed a couple of chances to exploit openings that I might have taken. For example, I think I would have pushed harder on a couple of those back to back turns to exploit my weaknesses. However, I'm sure that the AI is suffering from poor supply and that is hampering its ability to push hard.
I have not see much indication of any Interdiction the last few turns and I guess this is because the supply for the Allied Air Force is ridiculously low.
I do find that once a unit is cut off, the AI does not try to break out or relieve it. Often the unit just sits in place and continues to struggle.
I gave the AI a strong Intelligence and a +1 handicap.
At the end of the day, I feel like I am being pushed in this scenario and that if I made bad decisions that I will get punished.
(My team - the Toronto Maple Leafs - got thumped in game 2 of the playoffs last night. It is hard to watch such a good season go down the drain so quickly. Hopefully, they can turn it around tomorrow night!)

Here is a look at the situation on June 14th in my AAR as the Allied player.
I had made some deeper progress off Utah beach and had linked all five beaches together. I know I was having issues with supply.
In this battle, the Allies are much closer to Caen.
The AI is giving me lots of problems, but I feel that it has missed a couple of chances to exploit openings that I might have taken. For example, I think I would have pushed harder on a couple of those back to back turns to exploit my weaknesses. However, I'm sure that the AI is suffering from poor supply and that is hampering its ability to push hard.
I have not see much indication of any Interdiction the last few turns and I guess this is because the supply for the Allied Air Force is ridiculously low.
I do find that once a unit is cut off, the AI does not try to break out or relieve it. Often the unit just sits in place and continues to struggle.
I gave the AI a strong Intelligence and a +1 handicap.
At the end of the day, I feel like I am being pushed in this scenario and that if I made bad decisions that I will get punished.
(My team - the Toronto Maple Leafs - got thumped in game 2 of the playoffs last night. It is hard to watch such a good season go down the drain so quickly. Hopefully, they can turn it around tomorrow night!)

- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis1.jpg (147.82 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
Here is a look at the west edge


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis14.jpg (198.15 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
The Eastern edge and the battle for Caen.


- Attachments
-
- Operation..Axis15.jpg (177.2 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
RE: Operation Overlord - this time as the Germans
The Pz Lehr launched an attack on the Recce Bn and destroyed it. Whew!
Mike
Retired Gunner
Retired Gunner
