They probably didn't make a direct crossing. They followed the coast to a place where they wanted to stay, or were allowed to stay. They probably made landfall on several places along their route.ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
The graphic raises existential questions:
1. Why did the Angles make a direct crossing to England instead of their usual right-angle hook?
THE THREAD!!!
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
RE: THE THREAD!!!
The Angles were coming from the North, then they made a right (correct?) turn.
The Jutes did not have enough hemp. So they went to Britain to grow more . . .
The Vandals vandalized Rome, that is where the word vandalism comes from. The actually came from Andalusia (Vandalusia?)
The Saxons communicated with their battle axe. The Saxon women settled for the second best fighter or worse for their husband.
The Franks became the Francois, they took Latin to do it however.
The Goths were probably like the Amish and not the colorfully clothed Mennonites. They came from different areas of Europe.
The best dear hunting is in the bars, not the woods. Yes dear, no dear, OH DEAR!
The Jutes did not have enough hemp. So they went to Britain to grow more . . .
The Vandals vandalized Rome, that is where the word vandalism comes from. The actually came from Andalusia (Vandalusia?)
The Saxons communicated with their battle axe. The Saxon women settled for the second best fighter or worse for their husband.
The Franks became the Francois, they took Latin to do it however.
The Goths were probably like the Amish and not the colorfully clothed Mennonites. They came from different areas of Europe.
The best dear hunting is in the bars, not the woods. Yes dear, no dear, OH DEAR!
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
; Julia Child

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Good afternoon - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Hey CB, no COVID-19 for me yet, but we do have the first NC case in Raleigh. [:D]
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: USSAmerica
Hey CB, no COVID-19 for me yet
Phew! Good to know! [8D]
Why, were you planning a PBEM against him?
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
; Julia Child

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
RE: THE THREAD!!!
My wife says the rumor mills in the Columbus Ohio school district say that there is a Corona Virus case in the city. Time will tell....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: RangerJoe
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: USSAmerica
Hey CB, no COVID-19 for me yet
Phew! Good to know! [8D]
Why, were you planning a PBEM against him?
Dude. Try to keep up. If he told me he had COVID-19, I would be asking him for a game. The same goes for any thread brother out there. If you've got a touch of Ebola, a whiff of Coronavirus, a touch of Dengue, a smidgen of Shigella or a bit of bronchopneumonia then I'm your man for a PBEM.

RE: THE THREAD!!!
I have a bad cold, to go with my asthma. No, I ain't playin' you, CB! [X(]ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: RangerJoe
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Phew! Good to know! [8D]
Why, were you planning a PBEM against him?
Dude. Try to keep up. If he told me he had COVID-19, I would be asking him for a game. The same goes for any thread brother out there. If you've got a touch of Ebola, a whiff of Coronavirus, a touch of Dengue, a smidgen of Shigella or a bit of bronchopneumonia then I'm your man for a PBEM.
PS. Heard about the new hybrid Eboli virus?
RE: THE THREAD!!!
It's a cross between Ebola and E coli.ORIGINAL: Zorch
I have a bad cold, to go with my asthma. No, I ain't playin' you, CB! [X(]ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: RangerJoe
Why, were you planning a PBEM against him?
Dude. Try to keep up. If he told me he had COVID-19, I would be asking him for a game. The same goes for any thread brother out there. If you've got a touch of Ebola, a whiff of Coronavirus, a touch of Dengue, a smidgen of Shigella or a bit of bronchopneumonia then I'm your man for a PBEM.
PS. Heard about the new hybrid Eboli virus?
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Zorch
It's a cross between Ebola and E coli.ORIGINAL: Zorch
I have a bad cold, to go with my asthma. No, I ain't playin' you, CB! [X(]ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Dude. Try to keep up. If he told me he had COVID-19, I would be asking him for a game. The same goes for any thread brother out there. If you've got a touch of Ebola, a whiff of Coronavirus, a touch of Dengue, a smidgen of Shigella or a bit of bronchopneumonia then I'm your man for a PBEM.
PS. Heard about the new hybrid Eboli virus?
It is a good thing that I didn't have the game and played you in 2014 when I had pneumonia, a blood clot in my upper right thigh, an infected right foot, a systemic infection, and my blood pressure was 62 over 59. Besides my asthma and my other health problems. The lower two thirds of my left lung was just as dense as my liver on the CT scan . . .
edit for the UNP [:@]
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
; Julia Child

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
RE: THE THREAD!!!
RJ! You just stole the INP that Zorch was setting up with his previous two posts! You da MAN!ORIGINAL: RangerJoe
ORIGINAL: Zorch
It's a cross between Ebola and E coli.ORIGINAL: Zorch
I have a bad cold, to go with my asthma. No, I ain't playin' you, CB! [X(]
PS. Heard about the new hybrid Eboli virus?
It is a good thing that I didn't have the game and played you in 2014 when I had pneumonia, a blood clot in my upper right thigh, an infected right foot, a systemic infection, and my blood pressure was 62 over 59. Besides my asthma and my other health problems. The lower two thirds of my left lung was just as dense as my liver on the CT scan . . .

- Attachments
-
- high5.gif (1.63 KiB) Viewed 747 times
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
RE: THE THREAD!!!
I did not even notice. Much like when I was in the hospital for 17 days. Then I went to a nursing home with some pretty aides . . . [:D]
By the way, I even drove myself to the hospital in that bad of a condition.
By the way, I even drove myself to the hospital in that bad of a condition.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
; Julia Child

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
RE: THE THREAD!!!
More thoughts on Barbarians


- Attachments
-
- Engerland.jpg (229.55 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Telemecus
More thoughts on Barbarians
![]()
Don't forget the Vikings....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Good morning to all peoples of the Thread....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
RE: THE THREAD!!!
And instead of a Lion, the English Coat of Arms would be...?ORIGINAL: btd64
ORIGINAL: Telemecus
More thoughts on Barbarians
![]()
Don't forget the Vikings....GP
What would England have instead of Essex (East Saxon) and East Anglia?

- Attachments
-
- England.jpg (18.68 KiB) Viewed 747 times
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Hi all,
Good day!
Leo "Apollo11"
Good day!
Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!
A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
Hi all,
Good day!
Leo "Apollo11"
You're a little late today....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Good Morning!
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
; Julia Child

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”







