THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33573
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

The graphic raises existential questions:
1. Why did the Angles make a direct crossing to England instead of their usual right-angle hook?
They probably didn't make a direct crossing. They followed the coast to a place where they wanted to stay, or were allowed to stay. They probably made landfall on several places along their route.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

The Angles were coming from the North, then they made a right (correct?) turn.

The Jutes did not have enough hemp. So they went to Britain to grow more . . .

The Vandals vandalized Rome, that is where the word vandalism comes from. The actually came from Andalusia (Vandalusia?)

The Saxons communicated with their battle axe. The Saxon women settled for the second best fighter or worse for their husband.

The Franks became the Francois, they took Latin to do it however.

The Goths were probably like the Amish and not the colorfully clothed Mennonites. They came from different areas of Europe.

The best dear hunting is in the bars, not the woods. Yes dear, no dear, OH DEAR!
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good afternoon - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Hey CB, no COVID-19 for me yet, but we do have the first NC case in Raleigh. [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: USSAmerica

Hey CB, no COVID-19 for me yet

Phew! Good to know! [8D]
Image
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: USSAmerica

Hey CB, no COVID-19 for me yet

Phew! Good to know! [8D]

Why, were you planning a PBEM against him?
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15209
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

My wife says the rumor mills in the Columbus Ohio school district say that there is a Corona Virus case in the city. Time will tell....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: USSAmerica

Hey CB, no COVID-19 for me yet

Phew! Good to know! [8D]

Why, were you planning a PBEM against him?

Dude. Try to keep up. If he told me he had COVID-19, I would be asking him for a game. The same goes for any thread brother out there. If you've got a touch of Ebola, a whiff of Coronavirus, a touch of Dengue, a smidgen of Shigella or a bit of bronchopneumonia then I'm your man for a PBEM.
Image
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy




Phew! Good to know! [8D]

Why, were you planning a PBEM against him?

Dude. Try to keep up. If he told me he had COVID-19, I would be asking him for a game. The same goes for any thread brother out there. If you've got a touch of Ebola, a whiff of Coronavirus, a touch of Dengue, a smidgen of Shigella or a bit of bronchopneumonia then I'm your man for a PBEM.
I have a bad cold, to go with my asthma. No, I ain't playin' you, CB! [X(]

PS. Heard about the new hybrid Eboli virus?
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe




Why, were you planning a PBEM against him?

Dude. Try to keep up. If he told me he had COVID-19, I would be asking him for a game. The same goes for any thread brother out there. If you've got a touch of Ebola, a whiff of Coronavirus, a touch of Dengue, a smidgen of Shigella or a bit of bronchopneumonia then I'm your man for a PBEM.
I have a bad cold, to go with my asthma. No, I ain't playin' you, CB! [X(]

PS. Heard about the new hybrid Eboli virus?
It's a cross between Ebola and E coli.
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy




Dude. Try to keep up. If he told me he had COVID-19, I would be asking him for a game. The same goes for any thread brother out there. If you've got a touch of Ebola, a whiff of Coronavirus, a touch of Dengue, a smidgen of Shigella or a bit of bronchopneumonia then I'm your man for a PBEM.
I have a bad cold, to go with my asthma. No, I ain't playin' you, CB! [X(]

PS. Heard about the new hybrid Eboli virus?
It's a cross between Ebola and E coli.

It is a good thing that I didn't have the game and played you in 2014 when I had pneumonia, a blood clot in my upper right thigh, an infected right foot, a systemic infection, and my blood pressure was 62 over 59. Besides my asthma and my other health problems. The lower two thirds of my left lung was just as dense as my liver on the CT scan . . .

edit for the UNP [:@]
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20769
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Zorch



I have a bad cold, to go with my asthma. No, I ain't playin' you, CB! [X(]

PS. Heard about the new hybrid Eboli virus?
It's a cross between Ebola and E coli.

It is a good thing that I didn't have the game and played you in 2014 when I had pneumonia, a blood clot in my upper right thigh, an infected right foot, a systemic infection, and my blood pressure was 62 over 59. Besides my asthma and my other health problems. The lower two thirds of my left lung was just as dense as my liver on the CT scan . . .
RJ! You just stole the INP that Zorch was setting up with his previous two posts! You da MAN!

Image
Attachments
high5.gif
high5.gif (1.63 KiB) Viewed 731 times
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

I did not even notice. Much like when I was in the hospital for 17 days. Then I went to a nursing home with some pretty aides . . . [:D]

By the way, I even drove myself to the hospital in that bad of a condition.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Telemecus
Posts: 4689
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:32 pm
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Telemecus »

More thoughts on Barbarians

Image
Attachments
Engerland.jpg
Engerland.jpg (229.55 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15209
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

More thoughts on Barbarians

Image

Don't forget the Vikings....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15209
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

Good morning to all peoples of the Thread....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: btd64

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

More thoughts on Barbarians

Image

Don't forget the Vikings....GP
And instead of a Lion, the English Coat of Arms would be...?

What would England have instead of Essex (East Saxon) and East Anglia?

Image
Attachments
England.jpg
England.jpg (18.68 KiB) Viewed 731 times
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25455
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good day!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15209
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Good day!


Leo "Apollo11"

You're a little late today....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

Good Morning!
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”