Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by Lowpe »

My Dutch reinforcement squadrons...

I just double checked and most all squadrons are restricted perm....



Image
Attachments
admiral.jpg
admiral.jpg (492.53 KiB) Viewed 467 times
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by Lowpe »

What is left of the Dutch Air Force and pilots...

Looks like I will have two fighter squadrons, 1 patrol, one bomber group coming in at Canberra.



Image
Attachments
admiral.jpg
admiral.jpg (332.97 KiB) Viewed 467 times
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

My Dutch reinforcement squadrons...

I just double checked and most all squadrons are restricted perm....



Image

That is where they are listed to come in now as well as being restricted. So you have better capture that home base quickly or else they will come in somewhere else and maybe not be restricted, either.[8|]
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20763
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by BBfanboy »

RJ - Lowpe is playing the Allies in this one. He wants to hold on to Bandoeng.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

RJ - Lowpe is playing the Allies in this one. He wants to hold on to Bandoeng.

I know that. I also know that he wants to hold on to Bandoeng as long as is possible. But that is not where those air units are coming in.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20763
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

RJ - Lowpe is playing the Allies in this one. He wants to hold on to Bandoeng.

I know that. I also know that he wants to hold on to Bandoeng as long as is possible. But that is not where those air units are coming in.
So what home base were you referring to, and why wouldn't he want them to come back unrestricted? Or were you being sarcastic/obtuse?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

RJ - Lowpe is playing the Allies in this one. He wants to hold on to Bandoeng.

I know that. I also know that he wants to hold on to Bandoeng as long as is possible. But that is not where those air units are coming in.
So what home base were you referring to, and why wouldn't he want them to come back unrestricted? Or were you being sarcastic/obtuse?

?

The air units are listed as coming in at Soerabaja with one at Batavia. That is the home base referred to. The enemy currently holds those. So if he wants them to come in at those bases, he has to recapture those bases in which case they should be restricted. Otherwise, especially if he loses Bandoeng, they should come in at Aden and probably be unrestricted.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20763
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by BBfanboy »

Now I understand your drift, although I am not sur Bandoeng is an alternate arrival base. That was part of the confusion.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by RangerJoe »

That is why I suggested that he quickly recapture those bases - to make sure that the air units arrived there. [;)]
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by Lowpe »

Jan 20, 1942

One oil hit, but mission accomplished, IJ fighters protecting oil...

Meanwhile in Oz, Japan sweeps and bombs Cloncurry but must do it from 15K because of the AA present.







Image
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (162.24 KiB) Viewed 467 times
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by Lowpe »

On Java...the brave Japanese soldier fixes bayonets once more on the weary, never reinforced defenders!

Will today be the day they throw down their rifles?



Image
Attachments
admiral.jpg
admiral.jpg (380.5 KiB) Viewed 457 times
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by Lowpe »

Not this day!



Image
Attachments
animatedarmorimage.jpg
animatedarmorimage.jpg (165.63 KiB) Viewed 457 times
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20763
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Not this day!



Image
Time for the "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;" speech!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by Lowpe »

That fight knocked everyone out of reserve no pursuit mode and into the foxholes...

You can see I have devices in the pools to reinforce with...I might stockpile support squads, and turn on replacements for them.

45K supply...just give Japan a few more VP but if it buys more time? Is it worth it?

Why stockpile support squads --- simple they are incredibly tight with such a demand from China in my off base festungs.

Forts are one, 76%.



Image
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (380.12 KiB) Viewed 457 times
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by RangerJoe »

Did you fly out a few support squads or can you do so now? If you can, that would make a nice base support unit even with no Dutch devices but with some squads, they could play police in India.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by Lowpe »

A lot going on in China...

Will bomb the 8 units crossing the river with every bomber China has very low in an attempt to get them to fire their supplies prior to the crossing. I don't think the crossing will occur with the next turn, as 5 of those units just arrived today, so the day after tomorrow when I will have close to 1300 AV defending. So far they haven't been bombed, but I expect that to change...I have the Flying Tigers for defense.

I will need a good roll and luck to win this fight, I think there are at least 3 divisions and the rest are brigades. Will move in behind the 8 units too.

The other large infantry force is still showing movement into rough terrain.

The tank spearhead has disappeared on the Sian Road.

Kungchang, below Lanchow, is being threatened, but I should be able to get sufficient troops there to hold in time. I missed spotting troops one hex away...just no good recon in China even with bombers flying it.

I think I will do okay here until the 1st and 2nd Tank Divisions form up and annihilate me...but perhaps by then the two British Armored units will be able to form a solid wall in the mountains.

Image
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (679.86 KiB) Viewed 457 times
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by Lowpe »

Got a Dutch AA unit out...nothing else. Didn't try.

Looks to me the Dutch have their own devices, but also share some devices with the Commonwealth.



Image
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (118.79 KiB) Viewed 457 times
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by Lowpe »

Pretty sure I will pull our fighters back to protect VP outside of Zero normal range...just don't have the pilots or the pools to spare yet, even though I have been exceedingly careful with my P40s.

I will rely upon AA to protect within Zero sweep range.

Have to be careful with Saratoga...Sydney is so exposed to the KB coming charging in from the east, pickets and patrols are simply not yet established and something could leak thru. Not to mention Iboats hanging around the coast...I have definitely sunk American fleet carriers off the east coast before.

Still, the Saratoga is within sprinting range of potential invasion beaches, and if the KB is still off in CentPac she could provide the air coordination to really do damage.

Australia is now fielding 25 Stuarts, north of Maryborough, at Cloncurry, Charleville, and Cunerdin near Perth. I want my Matildas![;)]

The Australian troops north of Maryborough have gained a few points of experience, and hopefully will be able to weather a shock attack by the IJA that I expect will arrive with the appearance of the 6th Tank Rgt.

Image
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (488.85 KiB) Viewed 457 times
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by Lowpe »

Holding firm, so far.



Image
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (487.07 KiB) Viewed 457 times
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Spanking Lowpe (NJP72 vs Lowpe (A))

Post by Lowpe »

Empty seas hold great danger...

Image
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (573.16 KiB) Viewed 457 times
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”