THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: rustysi

Weekend??? What's a weekend???[:D]

When you look at a calender with the days of the week showing, the days at either end are the weekends. You know, the Saturdays and the Sundaes!

Image
Attachments
somedays..nothers.jpg
somedays..nothers.jpg (61.41 KiB) Viewed 686 times
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33531
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

Good Day. Gentlemen. Ladies.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15208
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

Good morning everyone....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

Good morning!

Have a good and safe day, don't drink too little [;)] so you aren't dehydrated if it is going to be warm where you are.



Image
Attachments
OIP14.jpg
OIP14.jpg (23.83 KiB) Viewed 686 times
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by rustysi »

When you look at a calender with the days of the week showing, the days at either end are the weekends.

I don't look at calendars any more.[:D]

I have six Saturdays and one Sunday a week.[:'(]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15208
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: rustysi
When you look at a calender with the days of the week showing, the days at either end are the weekends.

I don't look at calendars any more.[:D]

I have six Saturdays and one Sunday a week.[:'(]


Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 😂😄😆🤣. Me too....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: btd64

ORIGINAL: rustysi
When you look at a calender with the days of the week showing, the days at either end are the weekends.

I don't look at calendars any more.[:D]

I have six Saturdays and one Sunday a week.[:'(]


Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 😂😄😆🤣. Me too....GP

I have five days a week where the buses run unless it is a holiday. I usually meet someone one certain day a week.

Image
Attachments
OIP29.jpg
OIP29.jpg (32.22 KiB) Viewed 686 times
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
fcooke
Posts: 1158
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:37 pm
Location: Boston, London, Hoboken, now Warwick, NY

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by fcooke »

Finally nice and cool in this neck of the woods, after a few brutal days. Also saw my first fawn of the season. He/she standing on the side of the road. I drove within 5 feet of the pair and they didn't budge. I think Mommy deer thought she could take out my car. Then this am I saw deer roadkill. I think I will raise a glass in its memory this evening. OK - perhaps that is just an excuse to raise the glass. Happy July 4th to my American friends, and heck, everyone else as well.
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: fcooke

Finally nice and cool in this neck of the woods, after a few brutal days. Also saw my first fawn of the season. He/she standing on the side of the road. I drove within 5 feet of the pair and they didn't budge. I think Mommy deer thought she could take out my car. Then this am I saw deer roadkill. I think I will raise a glass in its memory this evening. OK - perhaps that is just an excuse to raise the glass. Happy July 4th to my American friends, and heck, everyone else as well.

Stay safe and hydrated!
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
fcooke
Posts: 1158
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:37 pm
Location: Boston, London, Hoboken, now Warwick, NY

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by fcooke »

Ain't driving.....[:-]
User avatar
RevRick
Posts: 2615
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Thomasville, GA

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RevRick »

Well, I guess I can make my quadrennial visit back since I am now retired. Be 72 in about a month... Just picking up again since the last round of whatever it was that grabbed us and shifted us off to somewhere outside of almost nobody knows where it is but I'm supposed to proclaim the Good News there - EGAD! Happens when one is out of state, I guess. But, climbing back into the saddle for WitP:AE for a merry round or two. Now THAT means that I have to refresh myself on gameplay, tactics, strategy, how to pray for Good Luck, and hope I did my home work on reading the intel reports on where this is.
Oh, well! Just tighten up the brain bucket strap and dive in!!
YOIIKS, and AWAY!!
"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: fcooke

Ain't driving.....[:-]

That is beside the point. Fireworks at this time of year. Plus other people imbibing then driving.

Not to mention dehydration and exhaustion. My stepmother one hot summer when there were events going on in the city plus one of my brothers visiting, she kept drinking coffee but no water. She started to feel unwell and laid down. Then she came into the living room to lay on the couch where we were. Apparently she was feeling worse because she said something like "I think that I am having a heart attack!" [X(] My brother was in the back seat as I drove her to the next town where the hospital was. Our town's ambulance does not have the equipment for a heart attack so I decided to drive here to the next town where the hospital was. We had no law enforcement escort but I was driving at least 15 miles an hour [:D] over the speed limit.

She was suffering from exhaustion and dehydration.[X(]

So, stay safe and hydrated!

Image
Attachments
drank too .. the bar.jpg
drank too .. the bar.jpg (32.64 KiB) Viewed 693 times
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33531
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

Good morning, Gentlemen. Ladies.


INP. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33531
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

And may you all have a nice Fourth of July. [:)]

Image
Attachments
000.jpg
000.jpg (248.37 KiB) Viewed 693 times
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
fcooke
Posts: 1158
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:37 pm
Location: Boston, London, Hoboken, now Warwick, NY

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by fcooke »

Good point RJ - I drink a lot of water and I can feel it when I am not keeping up. A couple of Turkey days ago our neighbors were partying a little too hard and the dad of one of them (the wife, who in a really small world grew up in my neighborhood in Boston and went to the same high school and lives across the street now. In NY state). Anyway, emergency vehicles show up and for whatever reason they cannot take the dad to the ER. The hubby wants to drive and I am like no way dude, I will drive (I had only had a single glass of vino that day). But we have made it a point not to drive on holidays when you are fairly certain some folks will be 'impaired'. We used to host New Years parties and the rule was you could drink as much as you wanted but everyone had to sleep over. No exceptions. Just too many people out there who party a little too hard on holidays who cannot hold their booze.....
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15208
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: fcooke

Just too many people out there who party a little too hard on holidays who cannot hold their booze.....


Plus one. I used to drink to have some fun, but never drove during the festivities. I can't drive or drink now. Head injury at work. But I have seen enough stupid people in public who went way beyond their quota for the day....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15208
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

Good morning everyone....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: Orm

And may you all have a nice Fourth of July. [:)]

Image

Thank you Orm, may you have a nice one as well.

Image
Attachments
Swingingb..tsunday.jpg
Swingingb..tsunday.jpg (49.82 KiB) Viewed 693 times
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”