Release Date???

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

User avatar
Hoche
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:30 pm

Release Date???

Post by Hoche »

Now that we have the screenshots we a demand release date!!!!!!!!

Yes I know this a case of give an inch and we demand a mile.

All I have to say to that is ... [:'(]
It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for its welfare.
-Edmund Burke
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Release Date???

Post by pasternakski »

Who is "we?"
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
mbatch729
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 8:00 am
Location: North Carolina

RE: Release Date???

Post by mbatch729 »

I'll save Matrix the trouble of responding..."When it is done."
Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa
eg0master
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 4:37 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

RE: Release Date???

Post by eg0master »

ORIGINAL: mbatch729

I'll save Matrix the trouble of responding..."When it is done."

"soon" and "not yet" are also my favourites... [:D]
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
zed
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon May 20, 2002 8:42 pm

RE: Release Date???

Post by zed »

I for one am excited about this game. Seems close enough to AH's War and Peace to be a lot of fun. I know which country I want to play as well... Holy Mother Russia
User avatar
New York Jets
Posts: 628
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2001 8:00 am
Location: St. Louis, MO but stuck in Bremerton,WA

RE: Release Date???

Post by New York Jets »

As this game will most likely consume a good part of my life upon release I am willing to wait until they have it 'right' so there will hopefully be fewer 'issues' when I buy it.
"There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of 'em."

- Casey Stengel -
User avatar
pfnognoff
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

RE: Release Date???

Post by pfnognoff »

ORIGINAL: Chris Trog

As this game will most likely consume a good part of my life upon release I am willing to wait until they have it 'right' so there will hopefully be fewer 'issues' when I buy it.

Hear! Hear! Absolutely correct.
NeverMan
Posts: 1712
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:52 am

RE: Release Date???

Post by NeverMan »

ORIGINAL: Chris Trog

As this game will most likely consume a good part of my life upon release I am willing to wait until they have it 'right' so there will hopefully be fewer 'issues' when I buy it.

I just hope I don't die first. This project is taking a seriously long amount of time and still no release date pending. I have no doubts that this project will now get done, but with the amount of time it is taking and all the extras left out of the first version, is it going to be worth the money, that is my only concern. I have NEVER paid $60 for a computer game, but if EiA gets good reviews I will seriously consider it, however, I will probably still wait for the 2nd version with TCP/IP play. If that never comes out I will undoubtedly never buy the game.

Here's to the pending date release!! [:D]
User avatar
Hoche
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:30 pm

RE: Release Date???

Post by Hoche »

Amazon.com has moved back its projected release date from the former March 1, 2004 to July 15, 2004.[:(]

I was hoping it would be out sooner. But if it means a better game I guess it worth the wait even though this a year after the original release date.

Can any Martix staff confirm this?

I'm in catch 22. I would like Matrix to post more pic so we can make comments on them. But if that means pushing the release date even further I'm not so sure.
It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for its welfare.
-Edmund Burke
Nordiska
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: N. Carolina

RE: Release Date???

Post by Nordiska »

maybe we should hope for a xmas of '04 release[&:]
Sonny
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:51 pm

RE: Release Date???

Post by Sonny »

ORIGINAL: Chris Trog

As this game will most likely consume a good part of my life upon release I am willing to wait until they have it 'right' so there will hopefully be fewer 'issues' when I buy it.

By the time it is released the good part of your life may be past.[:'(]
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Release Date???

Post by pasternakski »

One thing everyone seems to have forgotten is that this game was not originally to be a "port" of EiA. It was first announced as a new treatment of war and politics in the Napoleonic era. Some screenshots were released, some completion dates were announced, and then, the EiA deal was signed. So there has been no "delay" to be bemoaned.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
NeverMan
Posts: 1712
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:52 am

RE: Release Date???

Post by NeverMan »

Ever since I have been following the production and development of this product, it has been called EiA. I started coming to MatrixGames.com approx. one year ago. So it has been in development at least one year, and yes, the expected EiA release date WAS Summer 2003, as posted by MatrixGames in their "Development" section under the title "Empires in Arms: The Napo....... ".
User avatar
denisonh
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Upstate SC

RE: Release Date???

Post by denisonh »

I am not in a hurry get get a piece of software ready for me to "beta test" it.

Let the development and testing takes it's course, and do not let artificial items such as a "release date" hurry production and leave us with a piece of digital junk.

I value a quality product completed and tested, rather than a hurried piece of junk.

I would rather not see Matrix go to Paradox's business model of releasing "junk" in a timely fashion and having the 5th patch make the game playable.
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Release Date???

Post by pasternakski »

You don't go back far enough, and your information is inaccurate (but it's not your fault, because Matrix allowed text from the original design idea to remain when headings and announcements were made after the EiA deal was made).

The original game idea was tentatively called "The Napoleonic Wars." The usual blurbs were posted, some screenshots appeared, and life went on. When the first EiA announcements and product information went up, a lot of the old stuff remained (and persists on third-party sites, particularly screenshots).

What we've got to do is let this all sort itself out and wait for the game.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
NeverMan
Posts: 1712
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:52 am

RE: Release Date???

Post by NeverMan »

Hey, look, I don't mind waiting for the game, especially if that means getting it right. The only issue I have is that it has been mentioned several times that TCP/IP play will NOT be included in the original release. This means, that I have to wait for the original release and then wait probably another couple of months, if ever, for the release with TCP/IP play. PBEM is fine and all, it's just that I can do that for FREE NOW using cyberboard and the email that comes with my ISP. So why would I pay extra money to do what I can already do now? Secondly, no matter how good Matrix tries to make the AI, you just know it isn't going to be a challenge to most of us who have played EiA several hundred times. It's not Matrix fault, it's just the way technology is right now, and the technology available to the general public/corporation/company/whatever. I mean, the gov't probably has some pretty cool stuff, but we aren't going to see it anytime soon. Anyways, that was a little off topic.

My point being that I am probably looking at another year or two or never for TCP/IP play on this game, and it just makes me sad, that's all.
Billy2003s
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:27 am
Location: Airdrie, Scotland
Contact:

RE: Release Date???

Post by Billy2003s »

I have remained silent for a long time,viewing the many posting on the board,with reagrds to a release date. I am as impatient as anyone to get a chance to play this game, however I await the completed version without going on or whinging about when its released. Yes we hoped it would be here last Christmas and it did not make it, disapointment. Yes. Buying an unfinished product and thinking you have been swindled = greater dissapointment and more frustration and a further determination not to purchase products from Matrix again.


Point being I will wait for the finished product. I will buy it when it comes out. I hopefully will enjoy it. I WILL NOT WHINGE, HARASS OR OTHERWISE MOAN ABOUT SOMETHING BEYOND MY CONTROL. JUST LET MATRIX SORT IT OUT. They will deliver when they consider its ready.
NeverMan
Posts: 1712
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:52 am

RE: Release Date???

Post by NeverMan »

I agree that Matrix should take their time and get the product right.

BUT, if you think you are going to buy a "finished" product in it's 1st release you are DEAD WRONG. No matter how long Matrix takes on this game, there will be patches and probably a plenty. So whether or not you want to be a "beta tester", if you buy the 1st version, that's exactly what you are.
User avatar
Becket
Posts: 1242
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:42 pm

RE: Release Date???

Post by Becket »

ORIGINAL: Billy2003s
I WILL NOT WHINGE.

Oh great. You understand that now someone is going to have to surrender a "g" somewhere to set the scales right. Just reat.

[:D]

"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky
User avatar
dinsdale
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 4:42 pm

RE: Release Date???

Post by dinsdale »

ORIGINAL: NeverMan

I agree that Matrix should take their time and get the product right.

BUT, if you think you are going to buy a "finished" product in it's 1st release you are DEAD WRONG. No matter how long Matrix takes on this game, there will be patches and probably a plenty. So whether or not you want to be a "beta tester", if you buy the 1st version, that's exactly what you are.
That's not true. Of course minor issues might need patching, but there is a huge difference between that and releasing an unfinished mess. Over the last year I've bought KP, Titans of Steel, HTTR and Squad Assault. All have been patched, but only the latter was garbage when released. The devs and Matrix are doing the right thing by delaying, there are dev/pubs out there who wouldn't hesitate to release a barely functioning game and patch after collecting our money.
Post Reply

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”