THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Zovs
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: United States

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zovs »

INP by accident.
Image
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

Hello! I hope that everyone is having a good day.

I went for a doctors appointment, they want two measure my 24 hour liquid output. They gave me two gallon sized jugs to fill. Been there, done that. :D

On the ride back home, I also made 6 blueberry cake doughnuts plus a peach pie!

Remember, the best thing to have in a pie is your teeth! Even if those are the teeth that you bought at the toy store!
Attachments
he who feeds a hungry animal feeds his own soul.png
he who feeds a hungry animal feeds his own soul.png (203.61 KiB) Viewed 842 times
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good "Feels like a Monday" afternoon - Tithe.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

No turn back from Mike over the weekend, but I did start playing some Distant Worlds 2. Enjoying it despite moving at a snails pace as I take everything in. 8-)
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

USSAmerica wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:11 pm No turn back from Mike over the weekend, but I did start playing some Distant Worlds 2. Enjoying it despite moving at a snails pace as I take everything in. 8-)
The main thing is that you are enjoying the journey.
Attachments
silence is golden  unless you have kids  then silence is suspicious.jpg
silence is golden unless you have kids then silence is suspicious.jpg (20.78 KiB) Viewed 831 times
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Zovs
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: United States

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Zovs »

RangerJoe wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:34 pm
USSAmerica wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:11 pm No turn back from Mike over the weekend, but I did start playing some Distant Worlds 2. Enjoying it despite moving at a snails pace as I take everything in. 8-)
The main thing is that you are enjoying the journey.
I just have this sinking feeling that episode did not end very well ... especially if his Dad, had had one of these:

Image
Image
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25458
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25458
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Page 800... :D


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33581
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Orm »

Morning Gentlemen. Ladies. RangerJoe. btd64. Barbarians. Librarians. Soldiers. Astronauts. Farmers. Miners. Truckers. Nurses. Marines. Scooby-Doo. Lawyers. Sailors. Scoundrels. Rangers. Accountants. Children.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15211
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

Good morning everyone....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good morning - Tithe.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15211
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

Ok Mike, what does "Tithe" stand for?....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by RangerJoe »

btd64 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:33 pm Ok Mike, what does "Tithe" stand for?....GP
I remember him stating that when the thread was started that 10% of all posts would be on "The Thread!!!" at least, as a minimum.
Attachments
gopher ox.jpg
gopher ox.jpg (63.49 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Last edited by RangerJoe on Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

RJ has it right. Simple "Tithe" posts started incorporating "Good morning" and "Good evening", etc. I just miss the little "bowing" smiley from the old forum to give glory to THE THREAD!!! 8-)
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

If I could see my total numbers I'd bet way more than 10% of them were made in THE THREAD!!! :lol: I became a Thread Brother at the end of 2006 and I probably had less than 100 total posts before that.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15211
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

I may be dumb but still what do the letters mean?....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20769
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BBfanboy »

btd64 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:12 pm I may be dumb but still what do the letters mean?....GP
Which letters do you mean?
Tithe is the practice of donating a portion of your income to your church - the church usually saying 10% was the minimum amount. Thus RJ's reference to 10%. Parishioners not meeting their 'obligations' were vaguely threatened with excommunication from the church and therefore their soul would be condemned to a hot place. I figure I'm going there anyway, so I make no effort to offer 10% of my posts to the church of THE THREAD!!!
But have a nice day anyway, unless you are on the grumpy thread and need something to grouse about! ;)
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15211
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

BBfanboy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:20 pm
btd64 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:12 pm I may be dumb but still what do the letters mean?....GP
Which letters do you mean?
Tithe is the practice of donating a portion of your income to your church - the church usually saying 10% was the minimum amount. Thus RJ's reference to 10%. Parishioners not meeting their 'obligations' were vaguely threatened with excommunication from the church and therefore their soul would be condemned to a hot place. I figure I'm going there anyway, so I make no effort to offer 10% of my posts to the church of THE THREAD!!!
But have a nice day anyway, unless you are on the grumpy thread and need something to grouse about! ;)
OK, Got it....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15211
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

So I'm giving 10% here. OK....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15211
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

Re: THE THREAD!!!

Post by btd64 »

Page 801, coming up....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”