How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Tanaka
Posts: 5382
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:42 am
Location: USA
Contact:

How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by Tanaka »

In UV there is one japanese song and all the rest are more anglo type for both sides. How about separate playtracks for each side. The allies get their war songs and the japanese get theirs. We need more japanese music and flavor! Would add lots of spice to the game!!!
Image

Check out my mod for Strategic Command American Civil War!

https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=413785
User avatar
Rendova
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:12 am
Location: Atlanta

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by Rendova »

How about Pink Floyd or Lead Zeppelin [:D]
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Rendova

How about Pink Folyd or Lead Zeplyn [:D]

Pink Folyd is just funny, but Lead Zeplyn is an insult to Led Zeppelin.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
Brady
Posts: 6084
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:48 pm
Location: Oregon,USA

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by Brady »

"In UV there is one japanese song and all the rest are more anglo type for both sides. How about separate playtracks for each side. The allies get their war songs and the japanese get theirs. We need more japanese music and flavor! Would add lots of spice to the game!!! "

Ya this sounds cool, some pun intended[:)], A long time ago I played this realy cheasey SSI game called Pacific General, the game play was cheasey but the sound track was realy great, and It had if I remember corectly some prety good Japanese tracks realy helped to add imershion, all 40's-esk tracks.
Image


SCW Beta Support Team

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
User avatar
Rendova
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:12 am
Location: Atlanta

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by Rendova »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski
ORIGINAL: Rendova

How about Pink Folyd or Lead Zeplyn [:D]

Pink Folyd is just funny, but Lead Zeplyn is an insult to Led Zeppelin.

Sorry about that its been fixed
User avatar
barbarrossa
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:16 am
Location: Shangri-La

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by barbarrossa »

The music in UV is so cool.

That's something I wanted to let everyone know.

The jams kick. But let's add some more stuff too. Sorry, Floyd and Zep really wouldn't work.[:'(]
"It take a brave soldier to be a coward in the Red Army" -- Uncle Joe

"Is it you or I that commands 9th Army, My Fuhrer?" -- Model
User avatar
Pascal_slith
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:39 am
Location: In Arizona now!

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by Pascal_slith »

How about some Tokyo Rose recordings to keep the troops moral going? [:D]
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

Image
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by mogami »

Hi, Music is nice the first 25,000 times you hear it but after that I turn it off. I watch TV while I am making my turns so I run without sound. It just takes up space on the harddrive.
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Mike Scholl
Posts: 6187
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by Mike Scholl »

Had the experiance of hearing a couple of albums of Japanese War Songs that
a Japanese player brought to a week-long WITP (paper version) game in Va.
about 20 years ago. As music it was a nice change, but the album covers also
included the words----and talk about depressing! I remember one especially
"uplifting" one that went something like:

Corpses on the water...., Corpses on the field...., Rotting in the sun..., Dying
for the Emperor...

and on and on about how nobody was every going to go home alive. A real morale
boster, that one.
User avatar
tsimmonds
Posts: 5490
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: astride Mason and Dixon's Line

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by tsimmonds »

a week-long WITP (paper version) game in Va.
about 20 years ago.
Were you in Richmond in 1985? I was there.....I was on Dick Walker's US team.
Fear the kitten!
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Rendova
Sorry about that its been fixed

Heh. I turn the music off and fire up the stereo. A little "Stairway to Heaven" or "Black Dog" is a great accompaniment to a carrier battle...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
Mike Scholl
Posts: 6187
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by Mike Scholl »

ORIGINAL: irrelevant
a week-long WITP (paper version) game in Va.
about 20 years ago.
Were you in Richmond in 1985? I was there.....I was on Dick Walker's US team.
Sound's right, but I went to several and I can't match up years to teams any more.
I do better remembering how the games turned out and various interesting cam-
paigns. I played the British once, the Japanese once, and the US a couple of times.
Do you remember Craig Kuramada? He was the one that brought the Japanese
Music.
User avatar
tsimmonds
Posts: 5490
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: astride Mason and Dixon's Line

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by tsimmonds »

I do remember Craig, can picture him like it was last week. There were two games going the year I was there; he was on the Japanese team in the other game. What a great time that was.....the only advantage that paper and cardboard had over electrons is that it gave you a valid reason to spend a whole week away from home, drinking beer and eating junk, not sleeping or shaving for a week (many of us did bathe, some did not[:(]), and playing WitP non-stop with a group of like-minded nutters.
Fear the kitten!
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Pascal

How about some Tokyo Rose recordings to keep the troops moral going? [:D]

"Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy From Company B" would be great.

For comic relief, you could include the Japanese pop group (I never knew their name) cover of the Beatles song "I'm Down" from 1964:

"I'm down - I'm learry down.
How can you raugh when you know I'm down?"

Sort of a commentary on being behind in VPs...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
Mike Scholl
Posts: 6187
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by Mike Scholl »

Let's really get into the spirit and throw in some "Bawdy Barracks Ballads" by the
Four Sargeants.
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

Let's really get into the spirit and throw in some "Bawdy Barracks Ballads" by the
Four Sargeants.

You terr ries thinkin' I can't see
You can't cly 'cause you raffin' at me,
I'm down...

Yeah, "Bugle Call Rag" would be a winner, too...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
mdiehl
Posts: 3969
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2000 8:00 am

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by mdiehl »

Blue Oyster Cult required. You all know which one.

Actually, I like a good soundtrack for a game. I always enjoyed the brief snippets of "traditional" (I do not know that it was indeed traditional) Japanese sounding music that came with Pacific General. The Allied soundtrack stank and became annoying, but I could have listened to the Japanese soundtrack throughout the game.
Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by mogami »

Hi, One of the scarieist things I ever heard was a Japanese band playing Black Sabbaths "Paranoid and War Pigs" and singing in Japanese.
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
tsimmonds
Posts: 5490
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: astride Mason and Dixon's Line

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by tsimmonds »

Blue Oyster Cult required. You all know which one.

Cities Aflame with Rock and Roll. I have not heard this song in years, and it is playing on the radio as I type this. Weird!
Fear the kitten!
mdiehl
Posts: 3969
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2000 8:00 am

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by mdiehl »

That one was not the one I had in mind but appropriate just the same. Also "Don't Fear the Reaper." Again, not what I had in mind. Hint:

"History shows again and again how nature makes plain the folly of men."
Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”