How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
In UV there is one japanese song and all the rest are more anglo type for both sides. How about separate playtracks for each side. The allies get their war songs and the japanese get theirs. We need more japanese music and flavor! Would add lots of spice to the game!!!

Check out my mod for Strategic Command American Civil War!
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=413785
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
How about Pink Floyd or Lead Zeppelin [:D]
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
ORIGINAL: Rendova
How about Pink Folyd or Lead Zeplyn [:D]
Pink Folyd is just funny, but Lead Zeplyn is an insult to Led Zeppelin.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
"In UV there is one japanese song and all the rest are more anglo type for both sides. How about separate playtracks for each side. The allies get their war songs and the japanese get theirs. We need more japanese music and flavor! Would add lots of spice to the game!!! "
Ya this sounds cool, some pun intended[:)], A long time ago I played this realy cheasey SSI game called Pacific General, the game play was cheasey but the sound track was realy great, and It had if I remember corectly some prety good Japanese tracks realy helped to add imershion, all 40's-esk tracks.
Ya this sounds cool, some pun intended[:)], A long time ago I played this realy cheasey SSI game called Pacific General, the game play was cheasey but the sound track was realy great, and It had if I remember corectly some prety good Japanese tracks realy helped to add imershion, all 40's-esk tracks.

SCW Beta Support Team
Beta Team Member for:
WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE
Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
ORIGINAL: pasternakski
ORIGINAL: Rendova
How about Pink Folyd or Lead Zeplyn [:D]
Pink Folyd is just funny, but Lead Zeplyn is an insult to Led Zeppelin.
Sorry about that its been fixed
- barbarrossa
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:16 am
- Location: Shangri-La
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
The music in UV is so cool.
That's something I wanted to let everyone know.
The jams kick. But let's add some more stuff too. Sorry, Floyd and Zep really wouldn't work.[:'(]
That's something I wanted to let everyone know.
The jams kick. But let's add some more stuff too. Sorry, Floyd and Zep really wouldn't work.[:'(]
"It take a brave soldier to be a coward in the Red Army" -- Uncle Joe
"Is it you or I that commands 9th Army, My Fuhrer?" -- Model
"Is it you or I that commands 9th Army, My Fuhrer?" -- Model
- Pascal_slith
- Posts: 1657
- Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:39 am
- Location: In Arizona now!
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
How about some Tokyo Rose recordings to keep the troops moral going? [:D]
So much WitP and so little time to play.... 


RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
Hi, Music is nice the first 25,000 times you hear it but after that I turn it off. I watch TV while I am making my turns so I run without sound. It just takes up space on the harddrive.
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
-
Mike Scholl
- Posts: 6187
- Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:17 am
- Location: Kansas City, MO
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
Had the experiance of hearing a couple of albums of Japanese War Songs that
a Japanese player brought to a week-long WITP (paper version) game in Va.
about 20 years ago. As music it was a nice change, but the album covers also
included the words----and talk about depressing! I remember one especially
"uplifting" one that went something like:
Corpses on the water...., Corpses on the field...., Rotting in the sun..., Dying
for the Emperor...
and on and on about how nobody was every going to go home alive. A real morale
boster, that one.
a Japanese player brought to a week-long WITP (paper version) game in Va.
about 20 years ago. As music it was a nice change, but the album covers also
included the words----and talk about depressing! I remember one especially
"uplifting" one that went something like:
Corpses on the water...., Corpses on the field...., Rotting in the sun..., Dying
for the Emperor...
and on and on about how nobody was every going to go home alive. A real morale
boster, that one.
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
Were you in Richmond in 1985? I was there.....I was on Dick Walker's US team.a week-long WITP (paper version) game in Va.
about 20 years ago.
Fear the kitten!
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
ORIGINAL: Rendova
Sorry about that its been fixed
Heh. I turn the music off and fire up the stereo. A little "Stairway to Heaven" or "Black Dog" is a great accompaniment to a carrier battle...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
-
Mike Scholl
- Posts: 6187
- Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:17 am
- Location: Kansas City, MO
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
Sound's right, but I went to several and I can't match up years to teams any more.ORIGINAL: irrelevant
Were you in Richmond in 1985? I was there.....I was on Dick Walker's US team.a week-long WITP (paper version) game in Va.
about 20 years ago.
I do better remembering how the games turned out and various interesting cam-
paigns. I played the British once, the Japanese once, and the US a couple of times.
Do you remember Craig Kuramada? He was the one that brought the Japanese
Music.
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
I do remember Craig, can picture him like it was last week. There were two games going the year I was there; he was on the Japanese team in the other game. What a great time that was.....the only advantage that paper and cardboard had over electrons is that it gave you a valid reason to spend a whole week away from home, drinking beer and eating junk, not sleeping or shaving for a week (many of us did bathe, some did not[:(]), and playing WitP non-stop with a group of like-minded nutters.
Fear the kitten!
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
ORIGINAL: Pascal
How about some Tokyo Rose recordings to keep the troops moral going? [:D]
"Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy From Company B" would be great.
For comic relief, you could include the Japanese pop group (I never knew their name) cover of the Beatles song "I'm Down" from 1964:
"I'm down - I'm learry down.
How can you raugh when you know I'm down?"
Sort of a commentary on being behind in VPs...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
-
Mike Scholl
- Posts: 6187
- Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:17 am
- Location: Kansas City, MO
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
Let's really get into the spirit and throw in some "Bawdy Barracks Ballads" by the
Four Sargeants.
Four Sargeants.
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl
Let's really get into the spirit and throw in some "Bawdy Barracks Ballads" by the
Four Sargeants.
You terr ries thinkin' I can't see
You can't cly 'cause you raffin' at me,
I'm down...
Yeah, "Bugle Call Rag" would be a winner, too...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
Blue Oyster Cult required. You all know which one.
Actually, I like a good soundtrack for a game. I always enjoyed the brief snippets of "traditional" (I do not know that it was indeed traditional) Japanese sounding music that came with Pacific General. The Allied soundtrack stank and became annoying, but I could have listened to the Japanese soundtrack throughout the game.
Actually, I like a good soundtrack for a game. I always enjoyed the brief snippets of "traditional" (I do not know that it was indeed traditional) Japanese sounding music that came with Pacific General. The Allied soundtrack stank and became annoying, but I could have listened to the Japanese soundtrack throughout the game.
Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.
Didn't we have this conversation already?
Didn't we have this conversation already?
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
Hi, One of the scarieist things I ever heard was a Japanese band playing Black Sabbaths "Paranoid and War Pigs" and singing in Japanese.
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
Blue Oyster Cult required. You all know which one.
Cities Aflame with Rock and Roll. I have not heard this song in years, and it is playing on the radio as I type this. Weird!
Fear the kitten!
RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!
That one was not the one I had in mind but appropriate just the same. Also "Don't Fear the Reaper." Again, not what I had in mind. Hint:
"History shows again and again how nature makes plain the folly of men."
"History shows again and again how nature makes plain the folly of men."
Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.
Didn't we have this conversation already?
Didn't we have this conversation already?





