Mr Frag versus Mogami

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: Singapore

Post by mogami »

Boo-hiss-kill the bum [>:]
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Singapore

Post by Mr.Frag »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/24/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Macassar , at 30,69

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 12
D3A Val x 136
B5N Kate x 137

Allied aircraft

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val: 7 destroyed, 16 damaged
B5N Kate: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40B Tomahawk: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged
Martin 139: 4 destroyed, 10 damaged
Blenheim IV: 5 destroyed, 6 damaged


Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 12
Airbase supply hits 6
Runway hits 123

Aircraft Attacking:
21 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
24 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
24 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
24 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
20 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
21 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
21 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
20 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
24 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
24 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
23 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
24 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 30,70

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 68

Allied aircraft
CW-21B Demon x 16
Brewster 339D x 31
T.IVa x 6
Blenheim IV x 4
Martin 139 x 12
Hudson I x 3
P-40B Tomahawk x 24

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 11 destroyed, 3 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
CW-21B Demon: 20 destroyed
Brewster 339D: 63 destroyed, 4 damaged
T.IVa: 2 destroyed, 5 damaged
Blenheim IV: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged
Martin 139: 8 destroyed, 5 damaged
Hudson I: 4 destroyed, 1 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 50 destroyed, 6 damaged

Japanese Ships
CV Akagi
CV Zuikaku, Torpedo hits 1
CA Tone
BB Kirishima
CV Soryu
CV Shokaku
CV Kaga, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
1 x T.IVa launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
1 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Blenheim IV bombing at 5000 feet
1 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
4 x T.IVa launching torpedoes at 200 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Clark Field

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 23726 troops, 228 guns, 5 vehicles

Defending force 14538 troops, 173 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 8 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
697 casualties reported
Guns lost 35

Allied ground losses:
66 casualties reported
Guns lost 6


Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!
TIMJOT
Posts: 1705
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2001 8:00 am

RE: Singapore

Post by TIMJOT »

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag


Ground combat at Clark Field

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 23726 troops, 228 guns, 5 vehicles

Defending force 14538 troops, 173 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 8 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
697 casualties reported
Guns lost 35

Allied ground losses:
66 casualties reported
Guns lost 6


Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!


WOW![X(] Mogami did you use your Philipine Scouts for that slap in the face for the Sons of Nippon? Or did your feed your Philipine milita their Wheaties this morning?
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: Singapore

Post by mogami »

Hi, No my troops are eating SPAM but the Japanese had Rice Crispies. What no mention of the Dutch hitting IJN CV? My great air attack? geez tough crowd.[X(]
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Deathifier
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:09 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

RE: Singapore

Post by Deathifier »

Well it was a nice attack, however how many aircraft do you have left to try again?

Now if those 2 CV sank it'd be a different story :)

- Deathifier
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: Singapore

Post by mogami »

Hi, Last turn I had 141 aircraft this turn 131 (97 attacked 66 were shot down I moved more in)
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Singapore

Post by Mr.Frag »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/24/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 35,70

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 51

Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 12
Buffalo I x 9
Martin 139 x 3
Hudson I x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Brewster 339D: 18 destroyed, 1 damaged
Buffalo I: 20 destroyed, 2 damaged
Martin 139: 3 destroyed
Hudson I: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CV Hiryu

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 8 troops unloading over beach at Tarawa, 85,91


Japanese ground losses:
69 casualties reported


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Tarawa

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 2409 troops, 16 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 136 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Tarawa base !!!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Moulmein

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 23420 troops, 253 guns, 121 vehicles

Defending force 6787 troops, 75 guns, 3 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 5 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Moulmein base !!!


Japanese ground losses:
330 casualties reported
Guns lost 13
Vehicles lost 2

Allied ground losses:
10151 casualties reported
Guns lost 79


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Naga

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 15185 troops, 169 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 2490 troops, 15 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 7 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
211 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

Allied ground losses:
220 casualties reported
Guns lost 10


Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: Singapore

Post by mogami »

Moulmein did not even act like a speed bump. Rather then retreat the 2 Bde surrendered. Now the defense of Rangoon is hopeless. I have to pull the airgroups out of the SRA and leave the Dutch to fend for themselves (There will be a few US and Austrailan groups as well)
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Singapore

Post by Mr.Frag »

I was quite surprised. I think I brought too many troops. See you in Mandalay shortly. [;)]
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: Singapore

Post by mogami »

I'm going to keep Japanese POW's in Chinese camps to repair the damage they've done.
(not Mandalay)(it's too early for you to surrender)
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Singapore

Post by Mr.Frag »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/25/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 20 troops unloading over beach at Singkawang, 25,57


Japanese ground losses:
365 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 20 troops unloading over beach at Singkawang, 25,57


Japanese ground losses:
26 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 38,68

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 51

Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 4
Buffalo I x 9
Martin 139 x 21
Hudson I x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 5 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Brewster 339D: 5 destroyed
Buffalo I: 9 destroyed
Martin 139: 22 destroyed, 3 damaged
Hudson I: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
CV Hiryu, Bomb hits 1
BB Kirishima

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
1 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
2 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 8 troops unloading over beach at Apamama, 86,92


Japanese ground losses:
182 casualties reported


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Apamama

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 2104 troops, 15 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 30 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Apamama base !!!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Clark Field

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 23860 troops, 226 guns, 6 vehicles

Defending force 14818 troops, 257 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 13 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
593 casualties reported
Guns lost 30

Allied ground losses:
512 casualties reported
Guns lost 23


Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Singapore

Post by Mr.Frag »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/26/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack near Singkawang at 25,57

Japanese Ships
AP Yamakisan Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Akatsuki
DD Arashio
DD Sagiri
DD Hibiki
DD Michishio
DD Hagikaze
AP Miyako Maru

Allied Ships
SS KXIV, hits 3, on fire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 9 troops unloading over beach at Sorong, 42,74


Japanese ground losses:
40 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 9 troops unloading over beach at Sorong, 42,74


Japanese ground losses:
6 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Singkawang at 25,57


Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 21
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Hibiki
DD Akatsuki
DD Sagiri
AP Ryugi Maru
DD Arashio
DD Hagikaze, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
1 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 22,54


Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 17
Hudson I x 6


Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Nowaki
DD Maikaze
AP Daifuku Maru
DD Arashi
AP Fusemi Maru, Bomb hits 1
AP Asama Maru

Japanese ground losses:
5 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Singkawang

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 5477 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 928 troops, 10 guns, 4 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 0


Japanese ground losses:
5 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
sven6345789
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Sandviken, Sweden

RE: Singapore

Post by sven6345789 »

Mogami, great work on the carriers there. ok, none sunk but everylittle bit helps. At least one seems to be a little bit damaged (the Kaga). probably will turn home for repairs shortly, taking her out for a little time.
What forces do you have left in the Burma area? There should be the rangoon garrison and a few chinese units hanging around. And what is left in india?
Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Singapore

Post by Mr.Frag »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/27/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 9 troops unloading over beach at Sorong, 42,74


Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coastal Guns at Palembang, 20,55, firing at TF 11
TF 11 troops unloading over beach at Palembang, 20,55


1843 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
DD Nowaki, Shell hits 14
DD Arashi, Shell hits 3

Japanese ground losses:
474 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coastal Guns at Palembang, 20,55, firing at TF 11
TF 11 troops unloading over beach at Palembang, 20,55


1708 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
AP Zenyo Maru, Shell hits 1
AP Sanura Maru, Shell hits 1
DD Nowaki
DD Maikaze, Shell hits 34, on fire
AP Ryoyo Maru
DD Asashio
DD Oshio
AP Asama Maru, Shell hits 4, on fire

Japanese ground losses:
313 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Sorong at 42,74

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8

Allied aircraft
Swordfish x 7
Buffalo I x 19
T.IVa x 8

no losses

Allied aircraft losses
Swordfish: 8 damaged
Buffalo I: 3 destroyed
T.IVa: 4 destroyed, 4 damaged

Japanese Ships
CVL Ryujo

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x T.IVa launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x Swordfish launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x T.IVa launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x Swordfish launching torpedoes at 200 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Palembang at 20,55


Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 28
Hudson I x 7


Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
AP Zenyo Maru
DD Arashi
DD Nowaki
AP Enju Maru
AP Hinko Maru
DD Maikaze, on fire
DD Oshio
DD Asashio

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Sorong at 42,74

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 11
T.IVa x 3

no losses

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
T.IVa: 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
CVL Ryujo

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x T.IVa launching torpedoes at 200 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Palembang at 20,55


Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 18
Hudson I x 7


no losses

Japanese Ships
AP Hinko Maru
DD Nowaki
DD Maikaze, on fire
DD Asashio
DD Oshio
DD Arashi
AP Ryoyo Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Sorong

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 2805 troops, 17 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 46 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Sorong base !!!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at 49,26

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 13484 troops, 170 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 8174 troops, 58 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 5 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
385 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

Allied ground losses:
63 casualties reported
Guns lost 4


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at 29,33

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 22659 troops, 254 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 12109 troops, 77 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
2137 casualties reported
Guns lost 26
Vehicles lost 5

Allied ground losses:
133 casualties reported
Guns lost 8


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Palembang

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 1515 troops, 39 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 8469 troops, 153 guns, 0 vehicles


Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported
Guns lost 1


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Legaspi

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 14994 troops, 154 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1600 troops, 5 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 29 to 1 (fort level 0)

Allied forces CAPTURE Legaspi base !!!


Japanese ground losses:
283 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Allied ground losses:
90 casualties reported
Guns lost 4


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Singkawang

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 5514 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 856 troops, 8 guns, 2 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 28 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Singkawang base !!!


Japanese ground losses:
32 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!
TIMJOT
Posts: 1705
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2001 8:00 am

RE: Singapore

Post by TIMJOT »

ORIGINAL: Mogami

Moulmein did not even act like a speed bump. Rather then retreat the 2 Bde surrendered. Now the defense of Rangoon is hopeless. I have to pull the airgroups out of the SRA and leave the Dutch to fend for themselves (There will be a few US and Austrailan groups as well)

Hi Mogami, Far be for me to dictate strategy but aren't you throwing in the towel a bit prematurely? Afterall IIRC, all allied fighter reinforcement was historically either shipped in crated on AKs or ferried in on the Indomitable. This is possible in the game.... Yes?

I was under the impression that the pretext of this particular test was the Allies being ordered to hold the SRA at all cost. I know thats not your particular style but Rangoon isnt quite lost yet. Doesnt Frag still have a rather long march and where is the Indian 17th Diviion?

Again I apologize if I am being persumptious. Its not my intent. I am actually just trying to get an idea on whats possible and what isnt in the game so I can start formulateing my own strategies.

Thanks
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Singapore

Post by Mr.Frag »

[:D]

Tim, Mogami figured I'd do the standard kick a brigade loose from dealing with Singapore to go up north. Due to some silly issues chasing one of his fleeing Base units, my plans changed and I ended up with 3 divisions + armor heading north.

He tried to stop me, but it was just a little road kill. Just to be crystal clear, EVERY TROOP IN INDIA ALL IN ONE HEX could not stop what is heading to Rangoon/Mandalay.

You'll note in the last turn, I had to hurt one of my divisions to cut off the escape from Rangoon. I wasn't letting them out after running all the way up here. I'll stop at Diamond Harbor ... maybe [:'(]
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: Singapore

Post by mogami »

He won't get into India. (he'll run out supply) The Problem with Rangoon is forces defending it cannot retreat out of it. I am fighting for the SRA but Rangoon is not in the SRA.
I've recaptured southern Luzon and should wipe out all Japanese at Legaspi this turn. Then I will have a few div to move north to help defend Manila and Clark.
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Singapore

Post by Mr.Frag »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/28/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Palembang at 20,55

Japanese Ships
DD Maikaze, Shell hits 16, and is sunk
DD Nowaki
DD Arashi
DD Asashio, Shell hits 4, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Oshio, Shell hits 2, on fire
AP Asama Maru
AP Daifuku Maru
AP Enju Maru
AP Fusemi Maru
AP Higashiyama Maru
AP Hinko Maru
AP Ryoyo Maru
AP Sanura Maru
AP Zenyo Maru

Allied Ships
DD Vampire
DD Vendetta, Shell hits 2, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Banckert
DD Van Nes
DD Witte de With
DD Evertsen
DD Kortenaer
DD Piet Hein, Shell hits 1
DD Van Ghent, Shell hits 1, on fire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 22,54


Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 24
Hudson I x 9


no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Nowaki
AP Higashiyama Maru, Bomb hits 1
DD Arashi
DD Oshio, on fire
AP Sanura Maru
AP Daifuku Maru, Bomb hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Muntok at 21,55


Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Asashio, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 22,54


Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 24
Hudson I x 8


Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
AP Zenyo Maru
DD Arashi
AP Ryoyo Maru, Bomb hits 4, on fire
DD Oshio, Bomb hits 1, on fire
DD Nowaki

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
1 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Palembang

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 8390 troops, 148 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 3758 troops, 64 guns, 8 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 3)


Japanese ground losses:
312 casualties reported
Guns lost 14

Allied ground losses:
14 casualties reported


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at 29,33

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 49800 troops, 432 guns, 126 vehicles

Defending force 13541 troops, 87 guns, 3 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
636 casualties reported
Guns lost 18
Vehicles lost 4

Allied ground losses:
156 casualties reported
Guns lost 8


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Palembang

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 1462 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 7915 troops, 125 guns, 0 vehicles



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Legaspi

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 14760 troops, 146 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1211 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 326 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
170 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
41 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Singapore

Post by Mr.Frag »

He won't get into India. (he'll run out supply) The Problem with Rangoon is forces defending it cannot retreat out of it. I am fighting for the SRA but Rangoon is not in the SRA.
I've recaptured southern Luzon and should wipe out all Japanese at Legaspi this turn. Then I will have a few div to move north to help defend Manila and Clark.

Sure I won't [:D] Keep telling yourself that [:D] "He can't get to India" [:D] "He just can't" [:D]

See anything stopping me? I just *ate* your second road block [:'(]

PI will be dealt with shortly enough. As far as the SRA, we'll get there, we'll get there. Nothing but time. I have another month before I start getting even remotely concerned.
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: Singapore

Post by mogami »

Hi, The troops required for defending Rangoon are not ready. (I'm not being a McClellan here)

14th Ind Div (32/40) meaning 40 percent of TOE present with 32 percent ready 102 assault value
17th Ind Div (27/38) (73 AV)
18th UK Div (100/100) just arrived Karachi (342 assault value)
23rd Ind Div (31/34) (114 AV)
20th Ind Div (23/38) (59AV)
63rd Ind Bde (64/100) (68AV)
48th Ind Bde (64/100) (77AV)

I'm about to lose the 13th and 16th Ind Bde at Rangoon because I waited too long to retreat.

That will leave 835 AV (increasing over time as supply arrives) to prevent Japanese movement into India. (I think this is more then enough)
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”