Now that you have it fella's

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

John B
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:22 pm

RE: Now that you have it fella's

Post by John B »

Just gets better. Early January 1942 and "Prince Of Wales" and "Repulse" plus escorts are making an epic dash for India with the Japs throwing everything but the kitchen sink at them. Looks as if poor old Pof W won't make it, but the others still stand a chance. Mind you it looks as if this game may result in a divorce pretty soon, but as Rudyard Kipling almost said:" A woman is only a woman, but WitP is a way of life."[;)]
John
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Now that you have it fella's

Post by BrucePowers »

I finished printing the manual Saturday. I started reading it yesterday. I let turn 1 run against the allies and I have started the tutorial. All in all, I think this is going to be a great game. [:)]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
pad152
Posts: 2835
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2000 8:00 am

RE: Now that you have it fella's

Post by pad152 »

It really times some time to get use the scope of Witp, I'm at 12/19/41 of the campaign, and can now handle everything including China. The amount of time it takes to do anything, like just getting a supply TF from San Fran to PH, then I have to keep remenber PacWar was 1wk turns not one day.

The land of OZ is useless, What's their problem do they keep drinking all of the supplies or what?

PacWar is dead long live Witp![X(]

If I ever go to prison for 20 years, I'm taking Witp with me[:'(]
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Now that you have it fella's

Post by BrucePowers »

Well, I do not think SPI's War in the Pacific will be coming out of it's box again. This is definitely better. [:)]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
Captain Cruft
Posts: 3752
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:49 pm
Location: England

RE: Now that you have it fella's

Post by Captain Cruft »

Installed last night. Problem-free install thanks to following instructions and downloading patches from forum, even have sound working [:)]

Had time only to have a look at the full campaign including first historical turn. All I can say is Wow! Just the look of the thing is enough ...

I'm particularly pleased that the game runs well on my PC (a P3-500) which is actually less than the stated minimum spec.

So, in summary, thanks! [&o]
nmzoomie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:36 pm

RE: Now that you have it fella's

Post by nmzoomie »

This is one massive game. It is a dream come true for an old PTO player. I have played so much this last weekend that my eyeballs hurt. I believe I will start writing down my strategic plans, as there is so much to consider. Too bad I start Summer semester 2 tomorrow. That is going to seriously cut into my WITP time.
Chaplain
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:13 pm

RE: Now that you have it fella's

Post by Chaplain »

I agree with those who call this the most impressive computer wargame ever produced. It really is. The best thing about it is the fact that it is so realistically complex that the bean counters are overwhelmed and have to "command by the seat of their pants" like Nimitz and Yamamoto did IRL. Excellent.
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”