SteelPanthersWAW
-
ganderson52
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:26 pm
SteelPanthersWAW
My good friend Billy and I have been playing SPIII for ages. I have a new computer which has Windows XP Home.
Does SPWAW run ok on this as we would like to continue our sparring for several more years.
As we live in the UK a download would be prohibitive, so we will buy the CD if it will run on the above.
I second my mate's plea H...E..L..P
George
Does SPWAW run ok on this as we would like to continue our sparring for several more years.
As we live in the UK a download would be prohibitive, so we will buy the CD if it will run on the above.
I second my mate's plea H...E..L..P
George
- Marc von Martial
- Posts: 5292
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Contact:
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
Not for me. Can`t start the Game.
A suggested I posted in the SPWAW help forum and no help forthcoming from anyone from Matrix on a graphics problem several people seem to have.
A suggested I posted in the SPWAW help forum and no help forthcoming from anyone from Matrix on a graphics problem several people seem to have.
- Marc von Martial
- Posts: 5292
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Contact:
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
Which thread?
The SPWAW Forum in the sub Forum: SP:WAW Training Center. " Graphics problems with SPWAW" thread. Last post by me.
None of the player suggested workarounds in the thread works for me.
I have also tryred playing with the res and color and hardware accelation settings and nothing.
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
BlackCat, as there is a myriad combination of motherboards, graphic cards, drivers etc it is usually impossible give a precise answer. I'd suggest you go and check your graphic card manufacturer's pages, they may have faq dealing with gaming problems. Also some cards have 'fan sites' that are also worth checking.
What bugs me is that I had a similar problem couple years ago with my GeForce 2. Just that I do not recall what was the solution [:(] Probably updating drivers and such.
Voriax
What bugs me is that I had a similar problem couple years ago with my GeForce 2. Just that I do not recall what was the solution [:(] Probably updating drivers and such.
Voriax
Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
Thanks, I was hoping Matrix would support it`s Game [&:]
Mine is a pretty much widely used unit, Campaq, Invida, etc, other guys with the exact same problem have been able to start from the Mech file in the game but none of the workarounds work for me so that they got it to work should mean I can somehow, otherwise I`ve got a $70 Coster when the CD on demand get here........[:@]
Mine is a pretty much widely used unit, Campaq, Invida, etc, other guys with the exact same problem have been able to start from the Mech file in the game but none of the workarounds work for me so that they got it to work should mean I can somehow, otherwise I`ve got a $70 Coster when the CD on demand get here........[:@]
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
ORIGINAL: Black Cat
Thanks, I was hoping Matrix would support it`s Game [&:]
Mine is a pretty much widely used unit, Campaq, Invida, etc, other guys with the exact same problem have been able to start from the Mech file in the game but none of the workarounds work for me so that they got it to work should mean I can somehow, otherwise I`ve got a $70 Coster when the CD on demand get here........[:@]
BUMP Where is the support for this Game ????????
- Marc von Martial
- Posts: 5292
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Contact:
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
ORIGINAL: Black Cat
ORIGINAL: Black Cat
Thanks, I was hoping Matrix would support it`s Game [&:]
Mine is a pretty much widely used unit, Campaq, Invida, etc, other guys with the exact same problem have been able to start from the Mech file in the game but none of the workarounds work for me so that they got it to work should mean I can somehow, otherwise I`ve got a $70 Coster when the CD on demand get here........[:@]
BUMP Where is the support for this Game ????????
Sorry, but once in a while we have some freetime over the weekends too. It doesn´t happen often though .........
I´ll look at your issue
- Marc von Martial
- Posts: 5292
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Contact:
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
Well, not much info there. So please send me a DirectX dialog file.
You sure you also tried to start from the mech.exe file directly?
You sure you also tried to start from the mech.exe file directly?
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
Well, not much info there. So please send me a DirectX dialog file.
You sure you also tried to start from the mech.exe file directly?
Thank you Marc. Forgot your in Europe.
I will send a DX file tonight. Yes I tried both autorun and mech.exe files from within the SP Folder .
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
Well, not much info there. So please send me a DirectX dialog file.
You sure you also tried to start from the mech.exe file directly?
Marc
Is this what you wanted ?.
- Attachments
-
- DxDiag.txt
- (46.83 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
A respectful ' Bump" [:D]
I really would like to get this $70 investment to work.
I really would like to get this $70 investment to work.
- Marc von Martial
- Posts: 5292
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Contact:
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
I can´t find anything what would cause this. Sometimes SPWAW is simply giving you color problems. I face that problem sometimes too.
I can only advice once again to make absolutly sure you have latest drivers for everything, latest DirectX. Even make sure to have your motherboards chipset updated. Sometimes even a BIOS update can help.
It´s possible that it is the MX card.
I can only advice once again to make absolutly sure you have latest drivers for everything, latest DirectX. Even make sure to have your motherboards chipset updated. Sometimes even a BIOS update can help.
It´s possible that it is the MX card.
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
I'm running WinXp home edition (sp1 & sp2)
2.4 mhz
512 meg.
AGP MSI/GeForce FX5600XT video card, 128 meg. using Nvidia driver 6.14.0010.5672 WHQL, new driver 61.77 not WHQL
Running directx 9.0c
Autoplay does not work.
Spwaw.exe works
Mech.exe works
Error message from WinXp reads Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library, than refers to Indigo Rose iun6002.exe abnormal program termination
When running spwaw 8.20 during any scenario the screen will go completly, black it will come back after a few seconds or after a mouse click, it just keeps doing it. Can't use the program.
I have tried everthing suggested in the manual like turning off all hardware acceleration etc.
Manual makes no mention of spwaw 8.20 running under WinXP.
Can anyone help[&:]
2.4 mhz
512 meg.
AGP MSI/GeForce FX5600XT video card, 128 meg. using Nvidia driver 6.14.0010.5672 WHQL, new driver 61.77 not WHQL
Running directx 9.0c
Autoplay does not work.
Spwaw.exe works
Mech.exe works
Error message from WinXp reads Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library, than refers to Indigo Rose iun6002.exe abnormal program termination
When running spwaw 8.20 during any scenario the screen will go completly, black it will come back after a few seconds or after a mouse click, it just keeps doing it. Can't use the program.
I have tried everthing suggested in the manual like turning off all hardware acceleration etc.
Manual makes no mention of spwaw 8.20 running under WinXP.
Can anyone help[&:]
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
black cat: I'm running Spwaw 8.2 on XP home SP1 in the compatibility mode (Expanded).
I start from Mech.exe, 800x600.
Do you have sound card ?
Did game work before SP2 ver of XP. I noticed on another forum they are having quite a few games acting up with that modification.
I start from Mech.exe, 800x600.
Do you have sound card ?
Did game work before SP2 ver of XP. I noticed on another forum they are having quite a few games acting up with that modification.
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
I'm using 800 X 600 X 32/100 refresh on my monitor
My sound card is Creative Labs Audigy Platinum, most current drivers
Had a similar problem with 8.01, but it was very intermitten.
I've had sp1 & sp2 updates for a long time through Microsoft's auto update
WinXP firewalled
Downloaded DirectX 9.0c recently
I reloaded spwaw 7.1 with update patch, worked fine.
I reloaded spwaw 8.1 with update patch, but now it has the same problem as 8.20.
My thoughts are the problem is with Indigo Rose. A search through Internet Explorer revealed Windows cosiders iun6002.exe spyware etc.
Indigo Rose Autoplay or Setup Factory or both.
Maybe Indigo Rose can help solve the problem.[8|]
My sound card is Creative Labs Audigy Platinum, most current drivers
Had a similar problem with 8.01, but it was very intermitten.
I've had sp1 & sp2 updates for a long time through Microsoft's auto update
WinXP firewalled
Downloaded DirectX 9.0c recently
I reloaded spwaw 7.1 with update patch, worked fine.
I reloaded spwaw 8.1 with update patch, but now it has the same problem as 8.20.
My thoughts are the problem is with Indigo Rose. A search through Internet Explorer revealed Windows cosiders iun6002.exe spyware etc.
Indigo Rose Autoplay or Setup Factory or both.
Maybe Indigo Rose can help solve the problem.[8|]
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
One more question what is compatibility mode (Expanded)?[8|]
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
Im runing SPWAW 8.2 on pentiumI 233mhz and its going some slow but still quite good, i must run game by mech.exe
RE: SteelPanthersWAW
i forgott: i have win 98 SE


