SteelPanthersWAW

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
ganderson52
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:26 pm

SteelPanthersWAW

Post by ganderson52 »

My good friend Billy and I have been playing SPIII for ages. I have a new computer which has Windows XP Home.

Does SPWAW run ok on this as we would like to continue our sparring for several more years.

As we live in the UK a download would be prohibitive, so we will buy the CD if it will run on the above.

I second my mate's plea H...E..L..P

George
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Marc von Martial »

Yes, SPWAW runs on XP.

For more infos www.steelpanthersonline.com
Black Cat
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:46 pm

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Black Cat »

Not for me. Can`t start the Game.

A suggested I posted in the SPWAW help forum and no help forthcoming from anyone from Matrix on a graphics problem several people seem to have.
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Marc von Martial »

Which thread?
Black Cat
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:46 pm

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Black Cat »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Which thread?

The SPWAW Forum in the sub Forum: SP:WAW Training Center. " Graphics problems with SPWAW" thread. Last post by me.

None of the player suggested workarounds in the thread works for me.

I have also tryred playing with the res and color and hardware accelation settings and nothing.
Voriax
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Finland

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Voriax »

BlackCat, as there is a myriad combination of motherboards, graphic cards, drivers etc it is usually impossible give a precise answer. I'd suggest you go and check your graphic card manufacturer's pages, they may have faq dealing with gaming problems. Also some cards have 'fan sites' that are also worth checking.
What bugs me is that I had a similar problem couple years ago with my GeForce 2. Just that I do not recall what was the solution [:(] Probably updating drivers and such.

Voriax
Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!
Black Cat
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:46 pm

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Black Cat »

Thanks, I was hoping Matrix would support it`s Game [&:]


Mine is a pretty much widely used unit, Campaq, Invida, etc, other guys with the exact same problem have been able to start from the Mech file in the game but none of the workarounds work for me so that they got it to work should mean I can somehow, otherwise I`ve got a $70 Coster when the CD on demand get here........[:@]
Black Cat
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:46 pm

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Black Cat »

ORIGINAL: Black Cat

Thanks, I was hoping Matrix would support it`s Game [&:]


Mine is a pretty much widely used unit, Campaq, Invida, etc, other guys with the exact same problem have been able to start from the Mech file in the game but none of the workarounds work for me so that they got it to work should mean I can somehow, otherwise I`ve got a $70 Coster when the CD on demand get here........[:@]



BUMP Where is the support for this Game ????????
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: Black Cat
ORIGINAL: Black Cat

Thanks, I was hoping Matrix would support it`s Game [&:]


Mine is a pretty much widely used unit, Campaq, Invida, etc, other guys with the exact same problem have been able to start from the Mech file in the game but none of the workarounds work for me so that they got it to work should mean I can somehow, otherwise I`ve got a $70 Coster when the CD on demand get here........[:@]



BUMP Where is the support for this Game ????????

Sorry, but once in a while we have some freetime over the weekends too. It doesn´t happen often though .........

I´ll look at your issue
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Marc von Martial »

Well, not much info there. So please send me a DirectX dialog file.

You sure you also tried to start from the mech.exe file directly?
Black Cat
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:46 pm

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Black Cat »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Well, not much info there. So please send me a DirectX dialog file.

You sure you also tried to start from the mech.exe file directly?


Thank you Marc. Forgot your in Europe.

I will send a DX file tonight. Yes I tried both autorun and mech.exe files from within the SP Folder .
Black Cat
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:46 pm

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Black Cat »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Well, not much info there. So please send me a DirectX dialog file.

You sure you also tried to start from the mech.exe file directly?

Marc


Is this what you wanted ?.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(46.83 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Black Cat
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:46 pm

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Black Cat »

A respectful ' Bump" [:D]


I really would like to get this $70 investment to work.
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by Marc von Martial »

I can´t find anything what would cause this. Sometimes SPWAW is simply giving you color problems. I face that problem sometimes too.

I can only advice once again to make absolutly sure you have latest drivers for everything, latest DirectX. Even make sure to have your motherboards chipset updated. Sometimes even a BIOS update can help.

It´s possible that it is the MX card.
User avatar
RBWhite
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Somerdale, New Jersey, USA

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by RBWhite »

I'm running WinXp home edition (sp1 & sp2)
2.4 mhz
512 meg.
AGP MSI/GeForce FX5600XT video card, 128 meg. using Nvidia driver 6.14.0010.5672 WHQL, new driver 61.77 not WHQL
Running directx 9.0c
Autoplay does not work.
Spwaw.exe works
Mech.exe works
Error message from WinXp reads Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library, than refers to Indigo Rose iun6002.exe abnormal program termination
When running spwaw 8.20 during any scenario the screen will go completly, black it will come back after a few seconds or after a mouse click, it just keeps doing it. Can't use the program.
I have tried everthing suggested in the manual like turning off all hardware acceleration etc.
Manual makes no mention of spwaw 8.20 running under WinXP.
Can anyone help[&:]
User avatar
chief
Posts: 1617
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Haines City FL, USA

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by chief »

black cat: I'm running Spwaw 8.2 on XP home SP1 in the compatibility mode (Expanded).
I start from Mech.exe, 800x600.

Do you have sound card ?

Did game work before SP2 ver of XP. I noticed on another forum they are having quite a few games acting up with that modification.
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
User avatar
RBWhite
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Somerdale, New Jersey, USA

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by RBWhite »

I'm using 800 X 600 X 32/100 refresh on my monitor

My sound card is Creative Labs Audigy Platinum, most current drivers

Had a similar problem with 8.01, but it was very intermitten.

I've had sp1 & sp2 updates for a long time through Microsoft's auto update

WinXP firewalled

Downloaded DirectX 9.0c recently

I reloaded spwaw 7.1 with update patch, worked fine.

I reloaded spwaw 8.1 with update patch, but now it has the same problem as 8.20.

My thoughts are the problem is with Indigo Rose. A search through Internet Explorer revealed Windows cosiders iun6002.exe spyware etc.

Indigo Rose Autoplay or Setup Factory or both.

Maybe Indigo Rose can help solve the problem.[8|]
User avatar
RBWhite
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Somerdale, New Jersey, USA

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by RBWhite »

One more question what is compatibility mode (Expanded)?[8|]
majama
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Poland

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by majama »

Im runing SPWAW 8.2 on pentiumI 233mhz and its going some slow but still quite good, i must run game by mech.exe
majama
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Poland

RE: SteelPanthersWAW

Post by majama »

i forgott: i have win 98 SE
Post Reply

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”