Repair shipyard

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
harrer
Posts: 753
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:34 am

Repair shipyard

Post by harrer »

what's the limit for the repair shipyard ? Are we able to expand them as much as we want ? In Osaka, after 2 or 3 expanding, it seems to have a limit .. I still may expand but the points don't follow in the pool of the port and I don't have any ship disbanded in that port... an explanation ?

Thanks for your answers,

Harrer
harrer
Posts: 753
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:34 am

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by harrer »

Please ... can someone help ...

A Hero for me [&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]



Harrer [:D]
User avatar
Oliver Heindorf
Posts: 1911
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 2:49 am
Location: Hamburg/Deutschland

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by Oliver Heindorf »

stay put...most of them are still in bed ( due to time zone ) I didnt played the japs in a game yet where I could have used the feature of expanding a factory/yard etc.

just wait patiently, I am sure you will get your answer within the next few hours.
harrer
Posts: 753
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:34 am

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by harrer »

Still in bed ? Or too busy with WitP to answer ? [;)]

Harrer
User avatar
Bobthehatchit
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:15 pm
Location: GREAT BRITAIN

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by Bobthehatchit »

Not meaning to highjack the thread but i have another question regarding repair yards. Is the size rating of ship yards the same for Ijn and Allies, eg sanfran is a 200, Sindney a 40. Some of the Jap yards are size 1 or 2 ?

Haven't played as Japs yet, just looking around to familiarise me self.
"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.

Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.


Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
User avatar
tsimmonds
Posts: 5490
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: astride Mason and Dixon's Line

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by tsimmonds »

I think 200 may be the max; not sure though, I'm on the road. If it isn't 200, there probably isn't one. You could test it out real fast, start a scen 15 as IJ, then just go to Tokyo, select the repair yard, click "expand" a few times and see what happens. You won't break anything....

There are indeed a number of very small IJ repair yards. These exist solely for the purpose of giving the IJ player just one more thing to spend HI and supply on, to expand them to a usable size. So far I have not been tempted, but I am expanding a few of the mid-size ones....it's still early though, no major battles as yet.
Fear the kitten!
harrer
Posts: 753
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:34 am

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by harrer »

ORIGINAL: Bobthehatchit

Not meaning to highjack the thread but i have another question regarding repair yards. Is the size rating of ship yards the same of Ijn and Allies, eg sanfran is a 200, Sindney a 40. Some of the Jap yards are size 1 or 2 ?

Haven't played as Japs yet, just looking around to familiarise me self.

You tell us a fact, I don't see the question ... ? For information, on 12/07/41 the biggest size rating of ship yards is at Maizuru with a value of 110 .. but we can increase it, not an allied player ...
but next, the question is : what's the real limit ?

Harrer
harrer
Posts: 753
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:34 am

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by harrer »

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

I think 200 may be the max; not sure though, I'm on the road. If it isn't 200, there probably isn't one. You could test it out real fast, start a scen 15 as IJ, then just go to Tokyo, select the repair yard, click "expand" a few times and see what happens. You won't break anything....

There are indeed a number of very small IJ repair yards. These exist solely for the purpose of giving the IJ player just one more thing to spend HI and supply on, to expand them to a usable size. So far I have not been tempted, but I am expanding a few of the mid-size ones....it's still early though, no major battles as yet.

If 200 is the max, it is not equal for the japanese player, because the allied have 250 in a port of the West Coast ... ( I do not remember which one .. SF ? )

Harrer
User avatar
tsimmonds
Posts: 5490
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: astride Mason and Dixon's Line

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by tsimmonds »

If 200 is the max, it is not equal for the japanese player, because the allied have 250 in a port of the West Coast ... ( I do not remember which one .. SF ? )
So, test it as described and please let us know.[;)]
Fear the kitten!
harrer
Posts: 753
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:34 am

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by harrer »

That's what I ' ll have to do but in my actual pbem I wan't to spend supply ( thousand per point ... ) for nothing .. that's why I'm asking ...

Harrer
User avatar
Bobthehatchit
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:15 pm
Location: GREAT BRITAIN

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by Bobthehatchit »

ORIGINAL: harrer
ORIGINAL: Bobthehatchit

Not meaning to highjack the thread but i have another question regarding repair yards. Is the size rating of ship yards the same of Ijn and Allies, eg sanfran is a 200, Sindney a 40. Some of the Jap yards are size 1 or 2 ?

Haven't played as Japs yet, just looking around to familiarise me self.

You tell us a fact, I don't see the question ... ? For information, on 12/07/41 the biggest size rating of ship yards is at Maizuru with a value of 110 .. but we can increase it, not an allied player ...
but next, the question is : what's the real limit ?

Harrer

Was asking if the size ratings use the same values for Ijn as the allies as the smallest yard i have seen as allies was 15 in Nz. But i have seen size 1 2 & 3 around japan, i did not remember seeing a large yard in japan at all i obviously missed Maizuru.
"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.

Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.


Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
harrer
Posts: 753
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:34 am

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by harrer »

ORIGINAL: Bobthehatchit
ORIGINAL: harrer
ORIGINAL: Bobthehatchit

Not meaning to highjack the thread but i have another question regarding repair yards. Is the size rating of ship yards the same of Ijn and Allies, eg sanfran is a 200, Sindney a 40. Some of the Jap yards are size 1 or 2 ?

Haven't played as Japs yet, just looking around to familiarise me self.

You tell us a fact, I don't see the question ... ? For information, on 12/07/41 the biggest size rating of ship yards is at Maizuru with a value of 110 .. but we can increase it, not an allied player ...
but next, the question is : what's the real limit ?

Harrer

Was asking if the size ratings use the same values for Ijn as the allies as the smallest yard i have seen as allies was 15 in Nz. But i have seen size 1 2 & 3 around japan, i did not remember seeing a large yard in japan at all i obviously missed Maizuru.

And there is an other one with 104 but you can see them all on the list in the japanese productions informations screen ...

Harrer
User avatar
Bobthehatchit
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:15 pm
Location: GREAT BRITAIN

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by Bobthehatchit »

ORIGINAL: harrer
ORIGINAL: Bobthehatchit
ORIGINAL: harrer



You tell us a fact, I don't see the question ... ? For information, on 12/07/41 the biggest size rating of ship yards is at Maizuru with a value of 110 .. but we can increase it, not an allied player ...
but next, the question is : what's the real limit ?

Harrer

Was asking if the size ratings use the same values for Ijn as the allies as the smallest yard i have seen as allies was 15 in Nz. But i have seen size 1 2 & 3 around japan, i did not remember seeing a large yard in japan at all i obviously missed Maizuru.

And there is an other one with 104 but you can see them all on the list in the japanese productions informations screen ...

Harrer

Thanks just been playing allies so far, had a brouse around the Jap campaign as i plan to pay that later on, Just trying to get my head around the aircraft/ship/engine production and hi points.
"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.

Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.


Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
User avatar
Richelieu
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: Paris, France

RE: Repair shipyard

Post by Richelieu »

Yes,
you can expand shipyard more than 200 points in Japan.
In my campaign, Tokyo is now 210 and continues to go up,
Osaka is about 203, also growing up. I have expanded Hiroshima up to 184.
And yes, you have a lot of micro-shipyard, with 2-8 points.
It can be useful to expand some of them up to 12 points,
so they can repair a PC, MSW or DD wihout "pumping" the big ones.
Il tangue mais ne coule pas...
(Fluctuat Nec Mergitur)
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”