Repair shipyard
Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
Repair shipyard
what's the limit for the repair shipyard ? Are we able to expand them as much as we want ? In Osaka, after 2 or 3 expanding, it seems to have a limit .. I still may expand but the points don't follow in the pool of the port and I don't have any ship disbanded in that port... an explanation ?
Thanks for your answers,
Harrer
Thanks for your answers,
Harrer
RE: Repair shipyard
Please ... can someone help ...
A Hero for me [&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]
Harrer [:D]
A Hero for me [&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]
Harrer [:D]
- Oliver Heindorf
- Posts: 1911
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 2:49 am
- Location: Hamburg/Deutschland
RE: Repair shipyard
stay put...most of them are still in bed ( due to time zone ) I didnt played the japs in a game yet where I could have used the feature of expanding a factory/yard etc.
just wait patiently, I am sure you will get your answer within the next few hours.
just wait patiently, I am sure you will get your answer within the next few hours.
RE: Repair shipyard
Still in bed ? Or too busy with WitP to answer ? [;)]
Harrer
Harrer
- Bobthehatchit
- Posts: 838
- Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:15 pm
- Location: GREAT BRITAIN
RE: Repair shipyard
Not meaning to highjack the thread but i have another question regarding repair yards. Is the size rating of ship yards the same for Ijn and Allies, eg sanfran is a 200, Sindney a 40. Some of the Jap yards are size 1 or 2 ?
Haven't played as Japs yet, just looking around to familiarise me self.
Haven't played as Japs yet, just looking around to familiarise me self.
"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.
Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.
Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.
Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
RE: Repair shipyard
I think 200 may be the max; not sure though, I'm on the road. If it isn't 200, there probably isn't one. You could test it out real fast, start a scen 15 as IJ, then just go to Tokyo, select the repair yard, click "expand" a few times and see what happens. You won't break anything....
There are indeed a number of very small IJ repair yards. These exist solely for the purpose of giving the IJ player just one more thing to spend HI and supply on, to expand them to a usable size. So far I have not been tempted, but I am expanding a few of the mid-size ones....it's still early though, no major battles as yet.
There are indeed a number of very small IJ repair yards. These exist solely for the purpose of giving the IJ player just one more thing to spend HI and supply on, to expand them to a usable size. So far I have not been tempted, but I am expanding a few of the mid-size ones....it's still early though, no major battles as yet.
Fear the kitten!
RE: Repair shipyard
ORIGINAL: Bobthehatchit
Not meaning to highjack the thread but i have another question regarding repair yards. Is the size rating of ship yards the same of Ijn and Allies, eg sanfran is a 200, Sindney a 40. Some of the Jap yards are size 1 or 2 ?
Haven't played as Japs yet, just looking around to familiarise me self.
You tell us a fact, I don't see the question ... ? For information, on 12/07/41 the biggest size rating of ship yards is at Maizuru with a value of 110 .. but we can increase it, not an allied player ...
but next, the question is : what's the real limit ?
Harrer
RE: Repair shipyard
ORIGINAL: irrelevant
I think 200 may be the max; not sure though, I'm on the road. If it isn't 200, there probably isn't one. You could test it out real fast, start a scen 15 as IJ, then just go to Tokyo, select the repair yard, click "expand" a few times and see what happens. You won't break anything....
There are indeed a number of very small IJ repair yards. These exist solely for the purpose of giving the IJ player just one more thing to spend HI and supply on, to expand them to a usable size. So far I have not been tempted, but I am expanding a few of the mid-size ones....it's still early though, no major battles as yet.
If 200 is the max, it is not equal for the japanese player, because the allied have 250 in a port of the West Coast ... ( I do not remember which one .. SF ? )
Harrer
RE: Repair shipyard
So, test it as described and please let us know.[;)]If 200 is the max, it is not equal for the japanese player, because the allied have 250 in a port of the West Coast ... ( I do not remember which one .. SF ? )
Fear the kitten!
RE: Repair shipyard
That's what I ' ll have to do but in my actual pbem I wan't to spend supply ( thousand per point ... ) for nothing .. that's why I'm asking ...
Harrer
Harrer
- Bobthehatchit
- Posts: 838
- Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:15 pm
- Location: GREAT BRITAIN
RE: Repair shipyard
ORIGINAL: harrer
ORIGINAL: Bobthehatchit
Not meaning to highjack the thread but i have another question regarding repair yards. Is the size rating of ship yards the same of Ijn and Allies, eg sanfran is a 200, Sindney a 40. Some of the Jap yards are size 1 or 2 ?
Haven't played as Japs yet, just looking around to familiarise me self.
You tell us a fact, I don't see the question ... ? For information, on 12/07/41 the biggest size rating of ship yards is at Maizuru with a value of 110 .. but we can increase it, not an allied player ...
but next, the question is : what's the real limit ?
Harrer
Was asking if the size ratings use the same values for Ijn as the allies as the smallest yard i have seen as allies was 15 in Nz. But i have seen size 1 2 & 3 around japan, i did not remember seeing a large yard in japan at all i obviously missed Maizuru.
"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.
Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.
Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.
Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
RE: Repair shipyard
ORIGINAL: Bobthehatchit
ORIGINAL: harrer
ORIGINAL: Bobthehatchit
Not meaning to highjack the thread but i have another question regarding repair yards. Is the size rating of ship yards the same of Ijn and Allies, eg sanfran is a 200, Sindney a 40. Some of the Jap yards are size 1 or 2 ?
Haven't played as Japs yet, just looking around to familiarise me self.
You tell us a fact, I don't see the question ... ? For information, on 12/07/41 the biggest size rating of ship yards is at Maizuru with a value of 110 .. but we can increase it, not an allied player ...
but next, the question is : what's the real limit ?
Harrer
Was asking if the size ratings use the same values for Ijn as the allies as the smallest yard i have seen as allies was 15 in Nz. But i have seen size 1 2 & 3 around japan, i did not remember seeing a large yard in japan at all i obviously missed Maizuru.
And there is an other one with 104 but you can see them all on the list in the japanese productions informations screen ...
Harrer
- Bobthehatchit
- Posts: 838
- Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:15 pm
- Location: GREAT BRITAIN
RE: Repair shipyard
ORIGINAL: harrer
ORIGINAL: Bobthehatchit
ORIGINAL: harrer
You tell us a fact, I don't see the question ... ? For information, on 12/07/41 the biggest size rating of ship yards is at Maizuru with a value of 110 .. but we can increase it, not an allied player ...
but next, the question is : what's the real limit ?
Harrer
Was asking if the size ratings use the same values for Ijn as the allies as the smallest yard i have seen as allies was 15 in Nz. But i have seen size 1 2 & 3 around japan, i did not remember seeing a large yard in japan at all i obviously missed Maizuru.
And there is an other one with 104 but you can see them all on the list in the japanese productions informations screen ...
Harrer
Thanks just been playing allies so far, had a brouse around the Jap campaign as i plan to pay that later on, Just trying to get my head around the aircraft/ship/engine production and hi points.
"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.
Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.
Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.
Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
RE: Repair shipyard
Yes,
you can expand shipyard more than 200 points in Japan.
In my campaign, Tokyo is now 210 and continues to go up,
Osaka is about 203, also growing up. I have expanded Hiroshima up to 184.
And yes, you have a lot of micro-shipyard, with 2-8 points.
It can be useful to expand some of them up to 12 points,
so they can repair a PC, MSW or DD wihout "pumping" the big ones.
you can expand shipyard more than 200 points in Japan.
In my campaign, Tokyo is now 210 and continues to go up,
Osaka is about 203, also growing up. I have expanded Hiroshima up to 184.
And yes, you have a lot of micro-shipyard, with 2-8 points.
It can be useful to expand some of them up to 12 points,
so they can repair a PC, MSW or DD wihout "pumping" the big ones.
Il tangue mais ne coule pas...
(Fluctuat Nec Mergitur)
(Fluctuat Nec Mergitur)

