Will she sink?
Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
-
Speedysteve
- Posts: 15990
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Reading, England
RE: Will she sink?
Not sure on sitting still but can confirm that moving at full speed increases the risk of flooding increasing.
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
RE: Will she sink?
If flooding is severe enough (50+) not moving wont be of much help. You need to reach at least a size 3 port asap. (even if Allied.....bonus is no guerantee) . A size 3 port with an AR can mean the difference between life and death
- Admiral DadMan
- Posts: 3426
- Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: A Lion uses all its might to catch a Rabbit
RE: Will she sink?
Stopping wont help, as "Patrol/Do Not Retire" assumes that the TF cruises the Hex at whatever speed you set.ORIGINAL: irrelevant
I have thought/imagined that full speed makes flooding worse. Is there general agreement on this? What about not moving at all, intuitively that should help with flooding. Anyone have any experience with that?
You gotta Dock her at least.
RE: Will she sink?
2 days later and up to 70 float and making only 1 hex per turn. I think it is a lost cause.
I am going to try to make it to the enarest port and try to off load the a/c before she sinks.

I am going to try to make it to the enarest port and try to off load the a/c before she sinks.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
RE: Will she sink?
FYI, I don't think you can fly off the AC with more than 50 float/fire/sys damage. You'll have to pull her into a base (any base), and tranfer the planes to the base.
-F-
-F-
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

RE: Will she sink?
That is what I am planning on doing....if I can make it to a port.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
- Admiral DadMan
- Posts: 3426
- Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: A Lion uses all its might to catch a Rabbit
RE: Will she sink?
I feel your painORIGINAL: RUPD3658
That is what I am planning on doing....if I can make it to a port.
RE: Will she sink?
Is there some secret line of code written into the Lexington that makes her sink easier than other CVs?
In every game I have played with the Lex in it (PACWAR, Carrier Strike, UV, and WiTP) the Lex will sink with the slightest amount of damage inflicted on it.
The Enterprise on the other hand must be filled with ping pong balls because it will take a terrible beating but not sink.
In every game I have played with the Lex in it (PACWAR, Carrier Strike, UV, and WiTP) the Lex will sink with the slightest amount of damage inflicted on it.
The Enterprise on the other hand must be filled with ping pong balls because it will take a terrible beating but not sink.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Will she sink?
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
Is there some secret line of code written into the Lexington that makes her sink easier than other CVs?
Yeah, it's another example of Japanese Fanboy sabotage...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- Bradley7735
- Posts: 2073
- Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:51 pm
RE: Will she sink?
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
Is there some secret line of code written into the Lexington that makes her sink easier than other CVs?
In every game I have played with the Lex in it (PACWAR, Carrier Strike, UV, and WiTP) the Lex will sink with the slightest amount of damage inflicted on it.
The Enterprise on the other hand must be filled with ping pong balls because it will take a terrible beating but not sink.
I take it she went down?
The older I get, the better I was.
RE: Will she sink?
I will play my turn when I get home from work. As of last turn the flooding number was going in the wrong direction. [:(]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
RE: Will she sink?
Ofcourse,well you are playing the Yankee colonialist scum! <I'm playing IJN also in a pbm game>[:'(]
- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: Will she sink?
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
Is there some secret line of code written into the Lexington that makes her sink easier than other CVs?
In every game I have played with the Lex in it (PACWAR, Carrier Strike, UV, and WiTP) the Lex will sink with the slightest amount of damage inflicted on it.
The Enterprise on the other hand must be filled with ping pong balls because it will take a terrible beating but not sink.
I don't know about that, but I am almost certain that the US CV's have some sort of torpedo attracting hull. In almost every game I have played they get torpedoed at least once each by jap subs.

- Attachments
-
- blackie.gif (29.15 KiB) Viewed 700 times

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
- Admiral DadMan
- Posts: 3426
- Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: A Lion uses all its might to catch a Rabbit
RE: Will she sink?
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
Is there some secret line of code written into the Lexington that makes her sink easier than other CVs?
In every game I have played with the Lex in it (PACWAR, Carrier Strike, UV, and WiTP) the Lex will sink with the slightest amount of damage inflicted on it.
The Enterprise on the other hand must be filled with ping pong balls because it will take a terrible beating but not sink.
Oh, I don't know.
Against Mogami, Lexington got hammered by Bettys from AmBONia and she lived.
Enterprise on the other hand, got some rain from Vals and died quickly.
RE: Will she sink?
2 days later and up to 84 float. Does not look good. [:(]
I am 1 hex out from a size 1 port. Maybe I can at least save the planes.
I am 1 hex out from a size 1 port. Maybe I can at least save the planes.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
- Bradley7735
- Posts: 2073
- Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:51 pm
RE: Will she sink?
The size 1 port also needs to have a size 1 airfield. (in order to save the planes)
The size 1 port will not help at all in saving her, btw. You need to get her to a minimum size 5 port. Preferably one with an AR.
The size 1 port will not help at all in saving her, btw. You need to get her to a minimum size 5 port. Preferably one with an AR.
The older I get, the better I was.
-
Speedysteve
- Posts: 15990
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Reading, England
RE: Will she sink?
Don't think she's gonna make anywhere other than a coral reef 60-120 miles away from where she is now i'm afraid
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
- Bradley7735
- Posts: 2073
- Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:51 pm
RE: Will she sink?
ORIGINAL: Speedy
Don't think she's gonna make anywhere other than a coral reef 60-120 miles away from where she is now i'm afraid
Funny how there was so much optimism in the US damage control earlier in this thread.
50 float? 27 hexes? Bah, she'll be an essex with corsairs by the time she makes it to Pearl.
[8|]
The older I get, the better I was.
RE: Will she sink?
ORIGINAL: Bradley7735
ORIGINAL: Speedy
Don't think she's gonna make anywhere other than a coral reef 60-120 miles away from where she is now i'm afraid
Funny how there was so much optimism in the US damage control earlier in this thread.
50 float? 27 hexes? Bah, she'll be an essex with corsairs by the time she makes it to Pearl.
[8|]
Well, to take that quote literally, it is true. The next time the Lexington enters Pearl, it will an Essex class with the appropriate loadout...
-
Speedysteve
- Posts: 15990
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Reading, England
RE: Will she sink?
Hi Brad...I said it would be hit and miss [;)]
Think it's a miss [;)]
Think it's a miss [;)]
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester





