Into the Breach
RE: Rossell
After a real day of thought I recall we play at 100% ships commitment. This causes me to wonder what the long term effect of my ship losses will have on the outcome of our game. On the mini screen I see a stream of IJN ships headed to Truk.
RE: Rossell
The Rossell site was prepped for 2 months before the invasion with sea mines.
Hey Ike, where is your carrier TF?

- Attachments
-
- Rossel.jpg (86.17 KiB) Viewed 308 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
Loaded Transports
15-March-43
Also on this day a allied landing ship struck a mine and sunk at Irau, a destroyer was sunk at Port Moresby and a cruiser damaged.

Also on this day a allied landing ship struck a mine and sunk at Irau, a destroyer was sunk at Port Moresby and a cruiser damaged.

- Attachments
-
- Rossell.jpg (29.28 KiB) Viewed 308 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
-
anarchyintheuk
- Posts: 3958
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: Rossell
ORIGINAL: bigred
After a real day of thought I recall we play at 100% ships commitment. This causes me to wonder what the long term effect of my ship losses will have on the outcome of our game. On the mini screen I see a stream of IJN ships headed to Truk.
IIRC the total number of points on board allowed increases for the allies until a max of 12k or so near the end. Think the IJN decreases to a max of 5k or so.
RE: Rossell
On the mini screen I see a stream of IJN ships headed to Truk.
These are the free flowing supply ships dropping tons of supplies. You are welcome to bring your carriers up in between and try to cut the supply line but they wouldn´t be coming back.
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: Rossell
ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk
ORIGINAL: bigred
After a real day of thought I recall we play at 100% ships commitment. This causes me to wonder what the long term effect of my ship losses will have on the outcome of our game. On the mini screen I see a stream of IJN ships headed to Truk.
IIRC the total number of points on board allowed increases for the allies until a max of 12k or so near the end. Think the IJN decreases to a max of 5k or so.
Could you please define 12k and 5k.
RE: Rossell
ORIGINAL: bigred
ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk
ORIGINAL: bigred
After a real day of thought I recall we play at 100% ships commitment. This causes me to wonder what the long term effect of my ship losses will have on the outcome of our game. On the mini screen I see a stream of IJN ships headed to Truk.
IIRC the total number of points on board allowed increases for the allies until a max of 12k or so near the end. Think the IJN decreases to a max of 5k or so.
Could you please define 12k and 5k.
In International System of Units k means 'kilo' (=1000), so 12k is 12000 and 5k is 5000.
RE: Rossell
Could you please define 12k and 5k.
Could you please define 12k and 5k.
I´m not sure what that means either. My guess is the total number of victory points for ships in theatre at one time.

- Attachments
-
- cve.jpg (67.31 KiB) Viewed 308 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
-
anarchyintheuk
- Posts: 3958
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: Rossell
Yeah, the numbers refer to victory points.
Corsairs
Once again Bigreds Corsairs fail to live up to their reputation.


- Attachments
-
- 24thSentai.jpg (49.68 KiB) Viewed 308 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: Corsairs
How are you doing that? Are you catching them on the bounce, rotating sentai's to ensure that pilots are properly rested, or is it simply a case of overwhelming numbers at different altitudes? [&:]
RE: Corsairs
The Corsair unit probably has high fatigue and/or low morale. Attacking a fresh unit is suicide.
RE: Corsairs
How are you doing that? Are you catching them on the bounce, rotating sentai's to ensure that pilots are properly rested, or is it simply a case of overwhelming numbers at different altitudes?
Table tennis, volley ball and base ball.

- Attachments
-
- IZE.jpg (18.23 KiB) Viewed 308 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: Sub action 3-23
Sub attack at 20,3
Japanese Ships
AP Neikai Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
Allied Ships
SS Tautog
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 20,3
Japanese Ships
AP Tenzan Maru, Shell hits 3, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
Allied Ships
SS Tautog
Japanese Ships
AP Neikai Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
Allied Ships
SS Tautog

Japanese Ships
AP Neikai Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
Allied Ships
SS Tautog
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 20,3
Japanese Ships
AP Tenzan Maru, Shell hits 3, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
Allied Ships
SS Tautog
Japanese Ships
AP Neikai Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
Allied Ships
SS Tautog

- Attachments
-
- sub action 3-23.jpg (79.34 KiB) Viewed 308 times
RE: Kill or be killed
Good experience for the air crews.


- Attachments
-
- Air action 3-23.jpg (122.31 KiB) Viewed 309 times
RE: Master Ikesan
But a day too late.Someday

- Attachments
-
- Mina.jpg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 308 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: Master Ikesan
hehe, now thats a "propagandakrieg" at its best.[:D]
nice work with the corsairs ike. but from my experience, the OP loses are murder when attacking something at rossel island from lunga...at least in my earlier game.
nice work with the corsairs ike. but from my experience, the OP loses are murder when attacking something at rossel island from lunga...at least in my earlier game.
RE: Prep for a Kill
3-23-43: IJN ML spotted moving south east down the slot.


- Attachments
-
- 3-23 ML spotted.jpg (93.1 KiB) Viewed 308 times





