AE Released at what date?
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: AE Released at what date?
Let them take their time, I don't want to restart the same campaign with a patch of the week!
-
Ambassador
- Posts: 1756
- Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:15 pm
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
RE: AE Released at what date?
But you could be outside in the warmer weather, soaking up the near 18 hours of daylight, with a laptop and AE.[:'(]
-
Flying Tiger
- Posts: 496
- Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:45 pm
- Location: ummmm... i HATE that question!
RE: AE Released at what date?
Let them take their time, I don't want to restart the same campaign with a patch of the week!
SO TRUE!! I must have played that first turn of WitP at least a dozen times! And at about 3 hours per turn.... AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!
RE: AE Released at what date?
yes i also do not want to restart a campain i have started because of an update my first turn took 8 hours over 3 days back in 2002 ,and never finnished the campain because of the flaws.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
- Hornblower
- Posts: 1361
- Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:02 am
- Location: New York'er relocated to Chicago
RE: AE Released at what date?
ORIGINAL: pad152
Let them take their time, I don't want to restart the same campaign with a patch of the week!
Agreed. I would much rather wait and allow the designers to get this right, as much as they are able, then have them rush to market a product that will require re-install and bug after bug..
-
romanovich
- Posts: 126
- Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:51 am
- Location: SoCal
RE: AE Released at what date?
Maybe Matrix could pre-release the manual? That way, we would have sufficient time to work through the 1,600 pages of small-printed explanations of the games's revised algorithms. That way we'd be ready for the Nov. 1, '09 release date.
RE: AE Released at what date?
nah, the game will be ready by christmas, I'll bet you a dollar.[8D]ORIGINAL: romanovich
Maybe Matrix could pre-release the manual? That way, we would have sufficient time to work through the 1,600 pages of small-printed explanations of the games's revised algorithms. That way we'd be ready for the Nov. 1, '09 release date.
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?
[center]
[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
[center]
[/center][center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
- jwilkerson
- Posts: 8272
- Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:02 am
- Location: Kansas
- Contact:
RE: AE Released at what date?
ORIGINAL: romanovich
Maybe Matrix could pre-release the manual? That way, we would have sufficient time to work through the 1,600 pages of small-printed explanations of the games's revised algorithms. That way we'd be ready for the Nov. 1, '09 release date.
This sounds intriguing. But the one thing I've never figured out (after 20+ years of project experience) is how to write an accurate 1,600 page manual, 18 months prior to releasing the system!!
[:D]
WITP Admiral's Edition - Project Lead
War In Spain - Project Lead
War In Spain - Project Lead
- Jo van der Pluym
- Posts: 986
- Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
RE: AE Released at what date?
ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
ORIGINAL: romanovich
Maybe Matrix could pre-release the manual? That way, we would have sufficient time to work through the 1,600 pages of small-printed explanations of the games's revised algorithms. That way we'd be ready for the Nov. 1, '09 release date.
This sounds intriguing. But the one thing I've never figured out (after 20+ years of project experience) is how to write an accurate 1,600 page manual, 18 months prior to releasing the system!!
[:D]
Thanks for the Release date. It's nice to know that it's by Christmass 2009[:D]
Greetings from the Netherlands
Jo van der Pluym
Crazy
Dutch
It's better to be a Fool on this Crazy World
Jo van der Pluym
Crazy
DutchIt's better to be a Fool on this Crazy World
-
romanovich
- Posts: 126
- Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:51 am
- Location: SoCal
RE: AE Released at what date?
ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
ORIGINAL: romanovich
Maybe Matrix could pre-release the manual? That way, we would have sufficient time to work through the 1,600 pages of small-printed explanations of the games's revised algorithms. That way we'd be ready for the Nov. 1, '09 release date.
This sounds intriguing. But the one thing I've never figured out (after 20+ years of project experience) is how to write an accurate 1,600 page manual, 18 months prior to releasing the system!!
[:D]
Good Lord. So you haven't even started with the manual yet?
Gem35, you'll be out your dollar...
RE: AE Released at what date?
Besides being the Air Team Lead I am a player of WitP. As a player I can say I would rather wait the extra time, whatever that may be, to have a tight Database. The things that drive restarts are changes to the database or the Scenario file, typically not code changes. Something that has data in a device or new units. However this type of restart isn’t required, often it is desired by the player. At least in my case. I’m a big fan of accuracy.
Having been on the inside now for about 2 years, I will say this, and it’s very important:
This project isn’t your typical video game. This is a MAJOR undertaking and attempts to take a concept that was considered grandiose, impossible, crazy, groggish, niche, and obtuse, and improve it. Or if you like, actually make it more grandiose, impossible, crazy, groggish, niche, and obtuse.
This also isn’t your typical video game in the sense that we are not all professional software developers. We are mostly players, making a product for players. And we are all part-timers. As such I foresee a period after release where everyone needs to feel this thing out, possibly wait for things to settle out and for some time to pass where many more eyes are looking at it before anyone commits to a real longterm PBEM. Your expectation SHOULD be “Lets take this baby for a test drive and see how things work”
I for one can’t wait for everyone to see this thing. It really is impressive, but there are going to be some challenges. Fortunately I think those challenges are worth the new experience.
The juice is worth the squeeze…
Having been on the inside now for about 2 years, I will say this, and it’s very important:
This project isn’t your typical video game. This is a MAJOR undertaking and attempts to take a concept that was considered grandiose, impossible, crazy, groggish, niche, and obtuse, and improve it. Or if you like, actually make it more grandiose, impossible, crazy, groggish, niche, and obtuse.
This also isn’t your typical video game in the sense that we are not all professional software developers. We are mostly players, making a product for players. And we are all part-timers. As such I foresee a period after release where everyone needs to feel this thing out, possibly wait for things to settle out and for some time to pass where many more eyes are looking at it before anyone commits to a real longterm PBEM. Your expectation SHOULD be “Lets take this baby for a test drive and see how things work”
I for one can’t wait for everyone to see this thing. It really is impressive, but there are going to be some challenges. Fortunately I think those challenges are worth the new experience.
The juice is worth the squeeze…
IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES


-
Ambassador
- Posts: 1756
- Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:15 pm
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
RE: AE Released at what date?
My experience of working with politicians proves the contrary... you usually have all the documentations long before a change is effective, even long before they have settled their minds. And I don't believe programming to be more random than the politician's mind.[:D][;)]ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
ORIGINAL: romanovich
Maybe Matrix could pre-release the manual? That way, we would have sufficient time to work through the 1,600 pages of small-printed explanations of the games's revised algorithms. That way we'd be ready for the Nov. 1, '09 release date.
This sounds intriguing. But the one thing I've never figured out (after 20+ years of project experience) is how to write an accurate 1,600 page manual, 18 months prior to releasing the system!!
[:D]
-
undercovergeek
- Posts: 1535
- Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:01 pm
- Location: UK
RE: AE Released at what date?
ORIGINAL: TheElf
Besides being the Air Team Lead I am a player of WitP. As a player I can say I would rather wait the extra time, whatever that may be, to have a tight Database. The things that drive restarts are changes to the database or the Scenario file, typically not code changes. Something that has data in a device or new units. However this type of restart isn’t required, often it is desired by the player. At least in my case. I’m a big fan of accuracy.
Having been on the inside now for about 2 years, I will say this, and it’s very important:
This project isn’t your typical video game. This is a MAJOR undertaking and attempts to take a concept that was considered grandiose, impossible, crazy, groggish, niche, and obtuse, and improve it. Or if you like, actually make it more grandiose, impossible, crazy, groggish, niche, and obtuse.
This also isn’t your typical video game in the sense that we are not all professional software developers. We are mostly players, making a product for players. And we are all part-timers. As such I foresee a period after release where everyone needs to feel this thing out, possibly wait for things to settle out and for some time to pass where many more eyes are looking at it before anyone commits to a real longterm PBEM. Your expectation SHOULD be “Lets take this baby for a test drive and see how things work”
I for one can’t wait for everyone to see this thing. It really is impressive, but there are going to be some challenges. Fortunately I think those challenges are worth the new experience.
The juice is worth the squeeze…
Very informative and interesting, anticipation levels even more now!!!!
but................
its not summer 08 then?
RE: AE Released at what date?
ORIGINAL: TheElf
Besides being the Air Team Lead I am a player of WitP. As a player I can say I would rather wait the extra time, whatever that may be, to have a tight Database. The things that drive restarts are changes to the database or the Scenario file, typically not code changes. Something that has data in a device or new units. However this type of restart isn’t required, often it is desired by the player. At least in my case. I’m a big fan of accuracy.
Having been on the inside now for about 2 years, I will say this, and it’s very important:
This project isn’t your typical video game. This is a MAJOR undertaking and attempts to take a concept that was considered grandiose, impossible, crazy, groggish, niche, and obtuse, and improve it. Or if you like, actually make it more grandiose, impossible, crazy, groggish, niche, and obtuse.
This also isn’t your typical video game in the sense that we are not all professional software developers. We are mostly players, making a product for players. And we are all part-timers. As such I foresee a period after release where everyone needs to feel this thing out, possibly wait for things to settle out and for some time to pass where many more eyes are looking at it before anyone commits to a real longterm PBEM. Your expectation SHOULD be “Lets take this baby for a test drive and see how things work”
I for one can’t wait for everyone to see this thing. It really is impressive, but there are going to be some challenges. Fortunately I think those challenges are worth the new experience.
The juice is worth the squeeze…
Excellently and succintly put Elf. Now i want AE even more [:D]
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born
-
Enginemount
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:45 am
- Location: Japan
RE: AE Released at what date?
"The juice is worth the squeeze..."
I love it! I'd never heard that one before.
You know, I get more fun out of these forums than I do from the game.
I agree with cantona2 - excellently put Elf.
I love it! I'd never heard that one before.
You know, I get more fun out of these forums than I do from the game.
I agree with cantona2 - excellently put Elf.
RE: AE Released at what date?
a$$-kissing will not get AE finished any more faster...[;)]
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?
[center]
[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
[center]
[/center][center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
RE: AE Released at what date?
Won't you help a friend in need ?


- Attachments
-
- 6272a.jpg (43.98 KiB) Viewed 379 times

RE: AE Released at what date?
Its sad but true when its ready and the AI works we will release not before - I cannnot give you all a date because I dont know yet
RE: AE Released at what date?
ORIGINAL: Gem35
a$$-kissing will not get AE finished any more faster...[;)]
Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born
RE: AE Released at what date?
ORIGINAL: Gem35
a$$-kissing will not get AE finished any more faster...[;)]
Well that tears it !!

- Attachments
-
- feldman.jpg (27.5 KiB) Viewed 377 times







