By the way thats my only complaint so far...great game.
In the patch
Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid
-
Rob Roberson
- Posts: 386
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 8:46 am
In the patch
for the love of all that is holy,
please add new music. What was excellant music the first few times I heard it is starting to drive me batty. Of course I dont want to shut it off while waiting for turns to process, but...a nice set of Victory at Sea tunes in the patch would be great!
By the way thats my only complaint so far...great game.
By the way thats my only complaint so far...great game.
- Ron Saueracker
- Posts: 10967
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece
Richard Rogers
I believe Matrix tried to have Victory at Sea as the background theme, but there was a legal conflict.


Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
-
Basement Command
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2001 10:00 am
- Location: Boise, ID
Music?
I never listen to any game music. I turn it off and listen to my Stereo.... Remember those?
The only skills I have the patience to learn are those that have no practical application in real life.
- Marc von Martial
- Posts: 5292
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Contact:
-
Rob Roberson
- Posts: 386
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 8:46 am
- Ron Saueracker
- Posts: 10967
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece
Silent Hunter2 Wolfpack League Radio
I sometimes go to the SH2 Wolfpack/Eagle League site and fire up Wolfpack Radio. It's got tons of period music and radio reports, speeches, marches, etc. Disable the pop up adds if ya can, they are annoying and crashed a game I was playing (about 2 hours worth of stalking the Ark Royal). Victory at Sea is on it, (Nemesis the DJ played my request for VatS and some Vera Lynne) and pretty much all the marches and hymns of the US military. Lots of British Commonwealth stuff, too...even Waltzing Matilda. Of course there is lots of German Military stuff on it given the theme. (ie. Panzer Leid, 10,000 mann, Lili Marlene, Das Boot theme etc.)


Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
- rhohltjr
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: When I play pacific wargames, I expect smarter AI.
Re: Silent Hunter2 Wolfpack League Radio
It's got tons of period music and radio reports, speeches, marches, etc. [/B]
Wow. Not having been to that site, does it have Japanese period themes and music? Does that exist? Whoa, after looking at the subject line again, "Silent Hunter2.." my guess is probably not Japanese themes, but thanks for the headsup.
My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.
-
juliet7bravo
- Posts: 893
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2001 8:00 am
Having background "music" triggered by game date might be an idea for WiTP, an enterprising sound modder could create a sound pack mod to insert period radio news reports. Matrix probably couldn't due to copywrites...but if the game was structured <cough> <cough> so that it could be done they couldn't be held to blame...
I had strange deja vus with the music. Some intermediate parts (e.g. while loading) remember me of the background music of Wing Commander (when you´re in space and nothing much happens).
Other parts are like from the old Dynamix game "Aces of the Pacific".
Not that there´s anything wrong about it.
Hartmann
Other parts are like from the old Dynamix game "Aces of the Pacific".
Not that there´s anything wrong about it.
Hartmann
- Charles2222
- Posts: 3687
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am
When using Realplayer, you can save the tunes you're playing to a directory. I think the default is called Music. In any case after you have a collection of tunes, you can then click on the toggle below the normal video screen and play the entire directory. If you tool around enough you can even create new directories and assign specific directories for specific music. For example I have a German one, a USSR one, and a general military tune directory. Once you start playing an entire directory you can also click on the song playing toggle and restart the directory playing form the 8th song onwards for example, and then it'll wrap around continually. It seems to get disrupted and discontinue playing the directory every now and again, but I've had it play the same directory 5 or 6 times without a hitch. It's worth the effort to figure out how to do this.
Couple of comments and suggestions for the Matrix people :
1. The music is very good. I notice you don't have anyone complaining about it, which means that it blends nicely into play in an unobtrusive way, and yet adds an element of atmosphere and tension that is just right. Good job on that.
2. I hear people complaining that the manual is difficult to print and that a printed copy should have been part of the game package, but I DONT here people complaining that the manual sucks. I suppose if it did suck, no one would want to print it
Its doesn't. Its very thorough and organized, and easy to understand with plenty of examples scattered throughout. Good job on that.
3. The "windowing" system. The layers of windows one goes through to get deeper into your forces is generally good. One complaint I have about it is the delay. I don't want some kind of artificial one second delay when I'm going from base to base and looking through the various views of the troops and units at each location. This could be quicker in my opinion.
1. The music is very good. I notice you don't have anyone complaining about it, which means that it blends nicely into play in an unobtrusive way, and yet adds an element of atmosphere and tension that is just right. Good job on that.
2. I hear people complaining that the manual is difficult to print and that a printed copy should have been part of the game package, but I DONT here people complaining that the manual sucks. I suppose if it did suck, no one would want to print it
3. The "windowing" system. The layers of windows one goes through to get deeper into your forces is generally good. One complaint I have about it is the delay. I don't want some kind of artificial one second delay when I'm going from base to base and looking through the various views of the troops and units at each location. This could be quicker in my opinion.
Last time I checked, the forums were messed up. 
Re: Silent Hunter2 Wolfpack League Radio
Thank you for introducing me to Wolfpack Radio, Ron. If anybody else is interested, here is the link.Originally posted by Ron Saueracker
I sometimes go to the SH2 Wolfpack/Eagle League site and fire up Wolfpack Radio. It's got tons of period music and radio reports, speeches, marches, etc. Disable the pop up adds if ya can, they are annoying and crashed a game I was playing (about 2 hours worth of stalking the Ark Royal). Victory at Sea is on it, (Nemesis the DJ played my request for VatS and some Vera Lynne) and pretty much all the marches and hymns of the US military. Lots of British Commonwealth stuff, too...even Waltzing Matilda. Of course there is lots of German Military stuff on it given the theme. (ie. Panzer Leid, 10,000 mann, Lili Marlene, Das Boot theme etc.)
If anybody knows of any other stations or web sites like this with WW2 era music and recordings, please reply here or drop me a message. Thanks.
Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.
Re: Re: Silent Hunter2 Wolfpack League Radio
Hello...
I am programming the patch. Please be advised that although I will not be able to respond to all of these posts, I am noting them all. I will take them to the design team and we will include as many of them as possible.
Thanks for Your input...
Michael Wood
I am programming the patch. Please be advised that although I will not be able to respond to all of these posts, I am noting them all. I will take them to the design team and we will include as many of them as possible.
Thanks for Your input...
Michael Wood
Re: Re: Re: Silent Hunter2 Wolfpack League Radio
Great news!Originally posted by Mike Wood
Hello...
I am programming the patch. Please be advised that although I will not be able to respond to all of these posts, I am noting them all. I will take them to the design team and we will include as many of them as possible.
Thanks for Your input...
Michael Wood
Hartmann
-
Mockingbird2
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:00 am
- Location: Oklahoma
- Slaughtermeyer
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 11:40 am
- Location: Pennsylvania
Re: Re: Silent Hunter2 Wolfpack League Radio
You can go to www.audiogalaxy.com (a Napster copycat) and get tons of WW2-era popular songs, but so far I was unable to find any Japanese WW2-era songs except for one march and some Tokyo Rose items. My favorite there is Charlie and His Orchestra, with plenty of anti-Allied parodies of popular songs (most of them recorded in 1942)approved of by the Minister of Propaganda himself.Originally posted by 11Bravo
If anybody knows of any other stations or web sites like this with WW2 era music and recordings, please reply here or drop me a message. Thanks.
We must not allow ourselves to be drawn into a trial of the causes of the war,for our position is that no grievances or policies will justify resort to aggressive war.It is utterly renounced and condemned as an instrument of policy. R.Jackson,1945
-
cpt_Venomous
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 6:18 am
- Location: PYCb MOCKBA
Re: Re: Re: Silent Hunter2 Wolfpack League Radio
Originally posted by Slaughtermeyer
You can go to www.audiogalaxy.com (a Napster copycat) and get tons of WW2-era popular songs, but so far I was unable to find any Japanese WW2-era songs except for one march and some Tokyo Rose items. My favorite there is Charlie and His Orchestra, with plenty of anti-Allied parodies of popular songs (most of them recorded in 1942)approved of by the Minister of Propaganda himself.
goody
now we have something beside
Turning Japanese and Mr. Roboto
"Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.'
- Lord General Zyvan
- Lord General Zyvan
I recommend you read the following article before checking out audio galaxy.
http://www.poenews.com/inhouse/vx2.htm
http://www.poenews.com/inhouse/vx2.htm







