Search found 294 matches

by Alvek
Mon Aug 10, 2026 6:55 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod

[10.08.2026]
Version 2.2.1.10
https://github.com/DW-UX/DistantWorldsExpanded/releases/tag/2.2.1.10

Bugfix for loading older patch files with wrong structure when UseDbFiles set false.
Skipped loading DataBase with UseDbFiles set false.

Everyone can skip updating to this version unless you have ...
by Alvek
Thu Jul 16, 2026 10:25 am
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod


Hey Alvek, I just stumbled across your Mod and i am absolutely delighted that you started working on Bacons legacy with, what seems to be high skill and determination. I just LOVE it! DW2 just doesn't hit the same way DW1 does, and it took some years to face that hard reality.

So here's my ...
by Alvek
Thu Jul 16, 2026 10:17 am
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod


I'm trying to load this mod and I'm wondering if there's anyway of telling, once the game starts, that I've been successful? I've loaded the mod folders and files into the root directory of the game and it starts up no problem, but nothing looks different that I can tell. Is there anywhere on the ...
by Alvek
Wed Jun 24, 2026 6:24 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod

[24.06.2026]
Version 2.2.1.9
https://github.com/DW-UX/DistantWorldsE ... ag/2.2.1.9

Fix for prison form error and for 2.2.1.8
by Alvek
Thu Jun 18, 2026 6:42 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod

[18.06.2026]
Version 2.2.1.8
https://github.com/DW-UX/DistantWorldsE ... ag/2.2.1.8

Fixed bug with prison form non opening.
Fixed misspelled name for setting file.
by Alvek
Fri Jun 12, 2026 6:26 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod

[12.06.2026]
Version 2.2.1.7
https://github.com/DW-UX/DistantWorldsE ... ag/2.2.1.7

Fix for error in detecting facility type during parsing txt file. Bug silently swapped all academies and pirate network.
by Alvek
Wed Jun 10, 2026 10:13 am
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod


Hi Alvek, and other mod makers that may know the issue here :)

I'm running your latest version of the Expansion Mod, 2.2.1.6 and have come across an issue where by after i've built the Military Academy building I can't seem to build the Special Forces units associated with it? In vanilla this was ...
by Alvek
Sat Apr 25, 2026 12:02 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod


OMG people are still playing this! 2.2.1.6 version working flawlessly here.

request: can you make civilian transports difficult/impossible to click on, on farther zoom outs. All i get when i try and click on a star is some transport. thanks.


Clicking on map or game view? Map have option to ...
by Alvek
Sat Apr 25, 2026 12:00 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod


EDIT (TEST RESULTS): I've tested adding each of the new SuperWeapon tech IDs (introduced with official patch 1.9.5.7) in the Empire Policy Screen, with unmodded official patch 1.9.5.7 and unmodded official patch 1.9.5.12: I can confirm that these SuperWeapon tech IDs do NOT trigger, i.e., the ...
by Alvek
Sat Apr 25, 2026 11:58 am
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod


I just want to advise players that automate taxes to know the mod makes it so changes made to the tax policies in the policy editor are ignored in favor of keeping to the values set in ExapnsionModSettings.json.


You can disable it by setting EnableTargetHappinessTax to false in ...
by Alvek
Thu Apr 02, 2026 8:34 am
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod

[02.04.2026]
Version 2.2.1.6
https://github.com/DW-UX/DistantWorldsE ... ag/2.2.1.6

Bugfix for 2.2.1.5 startup bug
by Alvek
Wed Apr 01, 2026 6:08 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod

[01.04.2026]
Version 2.2.1.5
https://github.com/DW-UX/DistantWorldsE ... ag/2.2.1.5

Bugfix for player ships design selection. Manual selection of alternate image works too, no random selection like AI empires.
Alternate ship images for AI should work too, haven't tested.
by Alvek
Sun Mar 22, 2026 5:00 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod


That's weird, because when I was able to get alternate ship images for my empire when running just the Bacon mod itself (1.82, before EM or DWUR and no other mods).


Then it should work same in EM. EM inherited code from BM, I am not author of that part so players know better.
Looks like I ...
by Alvek
Sun Mar 22, 2026 1:30 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod


Even with your 'hints' I still can't get it to work. In fact putting in a 'destroyer1' just seems to knock the other ships down one in the ship-builder, so a frigate ship looks like an exploration ship and stuff like that. As Alvek says EM should work the same as Bacon mod maybe it's a quirk of ...
by Alvek
Fri Mar 20, 2026 6:01 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod

CaesarAug wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2026 9:53 pm Great! Given your modding experience at the .exe level, I’m sure you’ll fix the alternate ship-class image issue. :mrgreen:
Alternate ship images should work in EM same as BM. No changes there. But unless I missed something then it applies for AI empires designs only
by Alvek
Thu Mar 19, 2026 7:27 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod

jayman wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2026 7:22 pm I remember using destroyer1, 2, 3 etc in Bacon mod but I thought EM had removed it as I couldn't get it to work.
Looks like I need to check original bacon code to check for this
by Alvek
Thu Mar 19, 2026 5:03 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod


Good news, Alvek! salemonz has provided the answer: non-existent pirate families are called for by certain races. There were four Star Wars races which referenced non-existent pirate families, 47 and 49, just the ones reported "missing" in the error messages which crashed the game. Changing to ...
by Alvek
Thu Mar 19, 2026 4:28 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod


Oh yes, it still is a bugged behaviour. As you can see in the Empire’s ship family9 (I think it’s family9) I have named the images thus: capitalship, capitalship1, capitalship2… and for cruisers likewise. Is this naming correct? The Bacon Mod introduced multiple ship-class images and I’ve been ...
by Alvek
Thu Mar 19, 2026 4:00 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod


Well, that is another issue: for some strange reason, selecting alternate ship images for a given class do not normally “save” the first time. I usually need to make some change in components, or manually change the role (for example, temporarily change from capitalship to cruiser, then change ...
by Alvek
Thu Mar 19, 2026 3:48 pm
Forum: Design and Modding
Topic: Expansion mod
Replies: 486
Views: 109717

Re: Expansion mod

Code for selecting design image gets even more confusing. Looks like it ignores what you selected and changes only small image for design panel, not actual image ships will use. I haven't even got to out of range bug %)

Go to advanced search