Search found 29 matches

by Kirk
Fri May 02, 2003 5:55 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Casualties
Replies: 9
Views: 296

Casualties

<t>I'm interested in the question from two standpoints though. The first revolves around determining the number of victory points a player gets. I just think a player should get the same number of victory points if he kills a tank plus its crew as he would get if he killed the tank and then had to ...
by Kirk
Fri May 02, 2003 6:09 am
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Casualties
Replies: 9
Views: 296

Casualties

<t>That would be my assumption, but you should also get those same kills if you kill the crew at the same time you knock out the tank. As an example, let's say I have two tanks as targets for an AT gun. Each tank has a four man crew. I knock out the first one and the crew escapes. I knock out the ...
by Kirk
Thu May 01, 2003 7:27 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Casualties
Replies: 9
Views: 296

Casualties

<t>Can someone answer a question for me about casualties? I think I know the answer, but I'd just like to verify. Do the crews of tanks/AT guns/etc. get added to the list of men lost in the end game casualty report or is the crew considered inherent to the weapon? In other words, if I lose a tank is ...
by Kirk
Thu May 01, 2003 7:21 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Draws/Point Totals
Replies: 39
Views: 1269

Draws/Point Totals

<t>I've never played ASL, but I've spent 25 years playing SL, CoI, CoD, and GIAoV (Squad Leader players will know what those are). The reason I stumbled on SP a bunch of years ago was because I wanted a computer version of those games. Obviously SP is FAR more detailed than any board game could ever ...
by Kirk
Thu May 01, 2003 3:56 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Draws/Point Totals
Replies: 39
Views: 1269

Draws/Point Totals

<t>Thanks for all the responses guys. As was previously mentioned more than once, I guess my way of looking at things will be purely based on the point totals from now on. I fully agree that it's a great game. I've been playing it since SP first came out in its original form quite a number of years ...
by Kirk
Thu May 01, 2003 2:58 am
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Draws/Point Totals
Replies: 39
Views: 1269

Draws/Point Totals

<t>I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I already know I'm not an expert at this game yet. That is not the issue. As a newbie I expect to lose until I've taken the time to learn the nuances of the game. Problem is, I don't lose or win. I just feel the range (from 1-3 to 3-1) for draws is too ...
by Kirk
Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:11 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Draws/Point Totals
Replies: 39
Views: 1269

Draws/Point Totals

<t>"Maybe all those other games werent as good as spwaw. If you win most of your games would you be happy. Not me i would soon quit it. The losses and the draws is what makes me try harder. Obviously your tactics are not good enough in SPWAW to do more then a draw."<br/>
<br/>
The first sentence in ...
by Kirk
Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:56 am
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Draws/Point Totals
Replies: 39
Views: 1269

Draws/Point Totals

<t>So it doesn't seem odd to anyone but me to have a game where a large percentage of the battles are considered draws? I've played Panzerblitz, Panzer Leader, Squad Leader, and many other wargames thousands of times. In all my 30+ years of wargaming I have played only a handful of draws - until ...
by Kirk
Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:26 am
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Draws/Point Totals
Replies: 39
Views: 1269

Draws/Point Totals

<t>I understand I'm not the next coming of Erwin Rommel yet, but I'm asking why the huge draw region from a mathematical standpoint? Since my guess is a large percentage of my games (I only play the historical scenarios) end up somewhere in that 1 to 3 to 3 to 1 range, a large percentage of ...
by Kirk
Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:54 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Draws/Point Totals
Replies: 39
Views: 1269

Draws/Point Totals

<t>I understand what the victory requirments are, I'm just frustrated at why they're where they're at. I played a scenario a couple nights ago where I clearly won. I controlled all the objectives and killed a lot more of the enemy than he did of me. The victory point margin was 2.75 to 1. To me it ...
by Kirk
Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:40 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Loading Infantry
Replies: 7
Views: 140

Loading Infantry

Nope. And I think I've used the help function that defines what all the keys on the keyboard do. I don't remember seeing anything that says hold down the "shift" key so a unit can enter the same hex as another unit. Maybe it's there but I must have just missed it.
by Kirk
Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:59 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Loading Infantry
Replies: 7
Views: 140

Loading Infantry

My problem was the fact I couldn't figure out how to get two units to occupy the same hex so I could do the loading. Now that I've been told the secret I'm good to go. Thanks.
by Kirk
Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:52 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Loading Infantry
Replies: 7
Views: 140

Loading Infantry

I knew it would be something simple like that. Thanks.
by Kirk
Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:37 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Loading Infantry
Replies: 7
Views: 140

Loading Infantry

<t>This may be a stupid question, but is there a simple way to load infantry into halftracks/trucks/etc.? The only way I know how to do it now is to highlight the infantry unit that needs loading to see it's movement radius, move the transport unit to the farthest edge of the infantry units radius ...
by Kirk
Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:51 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Draws/Point Totals
Replies: 39
Views: 1269

Draws/Point Totals

<t>A couple quick topics from an SPWaW rookie. First, why so many draws? 99% of the scenarios I play end in draws. There's no fun in that. If the case is as someone mentioned when he said "Even though the game says it's a draw, you know who really won", then why isn't the real game scoring done ...
by Kirk
Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:02 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Crew Recovery
Replies: 19
Views: 482

Crew Recovery

I'm using V7.1. Prior to playing this version I just played the original version of SP, so I'm not aware of all the differences in the two.
by Kirk
Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:34 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Crew Recovery
Replies: 19
Views: 482

Crew Recovery

<t>I read the message string Jim listed and I have one more question: Does the bailout option also work for AT guns/artillery? I played a game a couple nights ago where an AT gun malfunctioned and I couldn't figure out a way to separate the crew from their useless gun. Thanks for all your help guys ...
by Kirk
Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:00 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Crew Recovery
Replies: 19
Views: 482

Crew Recovery

<t>OK, so all I can do is have the crew sit at their weapon and wait?<br/>
<br/>
I have another question that is essentially the opposite of my first question. If a crew is in an immobilized vehicle or at a gun that has no ammo left, is there a way I can have them bail out and go do something else ...
by Kirk
Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:11 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Crew Recovery
Replies: 19
Views: 482

Crew Recovery

<t>How does one perform this special morale check or is it something unseen by the player? I've never seen a crew do anything out of the ordinarry of any other infantry unit. I've seen many of them recover, but they mostly just mill around and provide targets for the enemy. Also, how do you reman a ...
by Kirk
Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:39 pm
Forum: SP:WaW Training Center
Topic: Crew Recovery
Replies: 19
Views: 482

Crew Recovery

<t>Does anybody know why if a crew abandons a vehicle or field gun that they can't rejoin the battle after they've sufficiently recovered? Is it because there are a minimum number of crew members required to man a tank/field gun and the assumption is that once they've abandoned their post the ...

Go to advanced search