Search found 18 matches

by Praetorian
Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:57 am
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: The luckiest man alive!!!
Replies: 35
Views: 1299

RE: The luckiest man alive!!!

<t> Hello,<br/>
<br/>
He is busy bombing PH, two attacks so far.<br/>
Yet I got the first kill of the war, one of his subs.<br/>
<br/>
I am afraid to send the PT boats after him, who knows what might happen...<br/>
They fire 4 torpedoes , score 5 hits and sink 6 carriers[:D]. And then restart ...
by Praetorian
Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:24 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: The luckiest man alive!!!
Replies: 35
Views: 1299

RE: The luckiest man alive!!!

Somehow, i doubt that mc3744 expected that [:D]
by Praetorian
Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:46 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: The luckiest man alive!!!
Replies: 35
Views: 1299

RE: The luckiest man alive!!!

<r> Hello<br/>
<br/>
And the actual results:<br/>
<br/>
Day Air attack on Pearl Harbor , at 112,68<br/>
<br/>
Japanese aircraft<br/>
A6M2 Zero x 82<br/>
D3A Val x 134<br/>
B5N Kate x 143<br/>
<br/>
Allied aircraft<br/>
F4F-3 Wildcat x 2<br/>
P-26A x 6<br/>
P-36A Mohawk x 2<br/>
P-40B ...
by Praetorian
Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:30 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: The luckiest man alive!!!
Replies: 35
Views: 1299

RE: The luckiest man alive!!!

<t> Well, we did play with house rules, no new TF and such...<br/>
I just had the rare occasion to have the carriers close to PH due to a random event and I said "what the hell...”<br/>
<br/>
I just agreed with mc3744 to keep my nuclear carriers away and not mess things up. [8D]<br/>
<br/>
So I ...
by Praetorian
Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:01 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: The luckiest man alive!!!
Replies: 35
Views: 1299

RE: The luckiest man alive!!!

<t> Hello,<br/>
<br/>
I had to look in the manual to understand what happened to my carriers and to their location.<br/>
<br/>
Quote:<br/>
"Operation Infield: If this random opening occurs, Kimmel forms a surface fleet which he keeps at Pearl Harbor and brings both Carrier TF close to home port ...
by Praetorian
Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:53 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: The luckiest man alive!!!
Replies: 35
Views: 1299

RE: The luckiest man alive!!!

<t> Hello,<br/>
<br/>
And he could have attacked someplace else, or set naval atack as first priority for some groups, or be out of range of his carriers, or have held a sizable CAP.<br/>
And I could just as easily lost 2 of the precious Us carriers. So there is nothing smelly..<br/>
<br ...
by Praetorian
Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:50 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: The luckiest man alive!!!
Replies: 35
Views: 1299

RE: The luckiest man alive!!!

<t> Hello,<br/>
<br/>
I was faced with Operation Infield. I had the carriers north of PH. So I just sent them to a common hex. <br/>
No other orders, no new TF , only land movements in China.<br/>
<br/>
It was funny to see the result. I could have lost you know...[:D]<br/>
<br/>
Restart it is ...
by Praetorian
Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:02 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: I lost in 4 days
Replies: 65
Views: 1315

RE: I lost in 4 days

mc3744, I understand the reasons behind your decision. If you wish to continue our game then I am all for it, it is in my advantage after all. I also accepted a restart, your call.

And remember:

Nec recisa recedit
by Praetorian
Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:37 am
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: I lost in 4 days
Replies: 65
Views: 1315

RE: I lost in 4 days

<t> Hi,<br/>
<br/>
He quit on me this time and I am not upset. The next time however I will be furious.<br/>
So I developed two strategies:<br/>
- The first one is to allow him to win something in the early months [:'(] (this should not be too difficult) before wiping out his fleet;<br/>
- The ...
by Praetorian
Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:58 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: I lost in 4 days
Replies: 65
Views: 1315

RE: I lost in 4 days

<t> Actually, we already agreed on a restart and I am waiting for his first turn.<br/>
<br/>
I understand that it is difficult to loose the war in 4 days and go on. He did loose some other things, not only the carriers, about 30 AP's ships in all and he has a ratio on 1:1 in aircraft losses with ...
by Praetorian
Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:33 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: I lost in 4 days
Replies: 65
Views: 1315

RE: I lost in 4 days

And I was so looking forward at invading Tokyo in 1943. At least one should play and give the opponent the chance to have fun. It's all laugh and fun as the Japanese till someone looses an eye... [:D]
by Praetorian
Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:25 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: I lost in 4 days
Replies: 65
Views: 1315

RE: I lost in 4 days

<t> Yes, I guess I did.<br/>
Yet you allowed that, the attack by KB on Soerabaja without any fighter escort, against 100+ fighter aircraft from DEI and Singapore.<br/>
<br/>
I am a little upset by the fact that if the allies suffer horrendous losses then its ok, no problem, historically correct ...
by Praetorian
Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:22 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: I lost in 4 days
Replies: 65
Views: 1315

RE: I lost in 4 days

He did just that.
I guess is hard to accept losses as Japan. Only the allies must take it and soldier on...

by Praetorian
Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:05 pm
Forum: War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945
Topic: I lost in 4 days
Replies: 65
Views: 1315

RE: I lost in 4 days

<t> I stumbled on his invasion force when running with the carriers from their initial positions. I actually set as rendevous for the 2 TFs a hex in which an invasion TF sailed that same day. I was lucky.<br/>
On the onter hand it was scary to see enemy TF's in your carrier rally point and wait to ...
by Praetorian
Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:50 am
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: Allied player wanted - Scen 15
Replies: 4
Views: 110

RE: Allied player wanted - Scen 15

I am willing to play and already sent you a mail.

Mike
by Praetorian
Sat May 14, 2005 11:58 am
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: Looking for japanese opponent, scenarion 15
Replies: 3
Views: 124

RE: Looking for japanese opponent, scenarion 15

Opponent found.

Thank you
by Praetorian
Fri May 13, 2005 1:13 pm
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: Looking for japanese opponent, scenarion 15
Replies: 3
Views: 124

Looking for japanese opponent, scenarion 15

<r> Hello,<br/>
<br/>
I think I can do a turn a day, maybe more on weekends.<br/>
<br/>
Setup:<br/>
-Sub doctrine: both on or both off <br/>
-Fog of war: on<br/>
-Adv. weather: on<br/>
-Allied damage control: on <br/>
-Historical first turn: either on or off - your choice <br/>
-Vary setup ...
by Praetorian
Wed May 11, 2005 1:55 pm
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: ...and so it begins.....
Replies: 13
Views: 436

RE: ...and so it begins.....

Hello,

I think I can do one turn each day, maybe more on weekends. I assume that Aircraft upgrade is on and game is 1.5.

If you agree email me at Praetoriae@gmail.com

Go to advanced search