Search found 8 matches

by Barney
Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:55 am
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: New game
Replies: 1
Views: 107

Thank you, I have an opponent...
by Barney
Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:29 am
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: New game
Replies: 1
Views: 107

New game

<t>I'm looking for an IJN opponent for a campaign game. I've played many AI games to learn the ropes, and lost miserably in a PBEM scenario 17 game. I feel I have learned my lessons, painfully I might add. <br/>
<br/>
West coast USA would work best, for at least a turn a day, I'm Midwest USA. <br ...
by Barney
Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:12 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Friendly Fire!
Replies: 43
Views: 910

Blehh

We have a similar food product here in Minnesota, US, called spam, well used in WWII. When I say "food product" I mean it really isn't food. Isn't vegemite in the same category, or are Aussies OK with washing it down with Foster's and saying hmmmm.
by Barney
Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:26 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Friendly Fire!
Replies: 43
Views: 910

<t>I may have been lost in the thread, but in my case, lots of ships at PM under a determined opponent, lots of sinking, smoke, confusion, etc, I don't see friendly fire as a bug and my guys mistaking a few DD's seems reasonable, whether or not that in the program I can't say. But for the record, I ...
by Barney
Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:41 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Friendly Fire!
Replies: 43
Views: 910

Friendly Fire!

<t>I have never seen or heard of this but it happened to me. I am at the beginning of scen 19 as the USN in a heated battle at PM with an aggressive and competent opponent. I've tried to counter his invasion with some CA's and DD's in port to counter his AP's. Successful so far, several sinkings ...
by Barney
Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:58 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: PBEM Management Program
Replies: 4
Views: 102

PBEM Management Program

<t>I'm not sure if I've seen this talked about. Is there such a thing or has anybody come up with a way to deal with multiple (or single) PBEM games? The zipping and unzipping and copying to folders and keeping track of different games can be a bit cumbersome. We obviously all do it with no problems ...
by Barney
Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:47 am
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: Now ready for HUMAN
Replies: 1
Views: 61

OK, changed my mind. ANY scenario with ANY rules. Just looking to have a real human opponent. Any veterans want to try a far flung strategy with complete confidentiality? Easily two or three turns a night.
by Barney
Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:13 am
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: Now ready for HUMAN
Replies: 1
Views: 61

Now ready for HUMAN

<r>I've learned the game against the AI and am ready for a real human game. Interested in a long scenario (prefer to play US and no problem with no Midway, but no change to Jap sub doctrine, stick to history), probably 2 turns a night, new to email, just a few info e-mails to learn mechanics first ...

Go to advanced search