Into the Breach

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Broken Plans

Post by bigred »


ORIGINAL: Ike99

Bigreds dream of a second airfield on Malaita island has come to an end.

Almost one thousand Allied soldiers have been killed from a seabee engineer force, base force and RCT, the rest send retreating to starve in the jungle.

Ike, are u sure they will starve?




Image
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

New Toys

Post by Ike99 »

The Corsair.

[>:]



Image
Attachments
Corsair.jpg
Corsair.jpg (51.65 KiB) Viewed 323 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Broken Plans

Post by Ike99 »

Bigred loses a capital ship. Thank you for the points.
Woops, add 4 more 1000 pounders to the chikuma. 8 bombs and 2 torps...I bet the ChiXkuma does not make port. It seems the Mikuma and the Atago each took acouple of 1k bombs also. Everyone needs alittle iron each day.



Image
Attachments
chikuma.jpg
chikuma.jpg (44.55 KiB) Viewed 323 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: PT torpedo

Post by Ike99 »

you are doing well ike, but as soon as bigred gets corsairs at irau, his shipping there will be immun to your air force.



Image
Attachments
Corsair.jpg
Corsair.jpg (35.24 KiB) Viewed 323 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: El Diablo

Post by bigred »

Ike just did a night raid at Irau.  Over 300 naval air on a level 2 airfield.  Must be a jap task force nearby. 
A new name for  Ike=El Diablo
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

Bombers

Post by Ike99 »

Bigred reaches for the big stick. Huge bomber raids.



Image
Attachments
BM.jpg
BM.jpg (33.58 KiB) Viewed 323 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Bombers

Post by Ike99 »

Madang


Image
Attachments
Madang.jpg
Madang.jpg (37.25 KiB) Viewed 324 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Bombers

Post by bigred »

This is the 2nd result of 2 raids in 3 days at Kavieg.


Air attack on Kavieng , at 18,24

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 5
A6M3 Zero x 7

Allied aircraft
Hudson x 13
P-38G Lightning x 53
F-5A Lightning x 5
B-25J Mitchell x 44
B-17E Fortress x 22

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero x 1 destroyed
A6M2 Zero x 2 damaged
A6M3 Zero x 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson x 1 damaged
B-17E Fortress x 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Yura, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Usugumo, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AG 361, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
CA Ashigara, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Kagero, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 162

Port hits 3
Port fuel hits 2

Attacking Level Bombers:
1 x Hudson at 10000 feet
2 x B-25J Mitchell at 100 feet
4 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
0 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
0 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
12 x Hudson at 10000 feet
1 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
5 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 100 feet
0 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
8 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
5 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
5 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 100 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
6 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet

This is the 2nd result of 2 raids in 3 days.

Image
Attachments
b-25 raid ..shipping.jpg
b-25 raid ..shipping.jpg (17.52 KiB) Viewed 323 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Bombers

Post by Ike99 »

This is the 2nd result of 2 raids in 3 days at Kavieg.



Image
Attachments
RABAUL.jpg
RABAUL.jpg (42.9 KiB) Viewed 323 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Confession

Post by bigred »

Wednesday I got to work at 11am.. I should have been at work at 9am. I was
making UV turns early in the morning AT HOME. I am the store manager so I get
to do as I please to some extent. I admitted my guilt to my assistant manager
this morning.
He said I was addicted to UV. I agreed. I even have UV loaded into the
company computer(but it is hidden) so I can make a turn before I come home!

So to my active players I must stop making morning turns.

BTY, I will be off this weekend and have no plans. UV,UV, UV, HOORAH

---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Confession

Post by Ike99 »

I admitted my guilt to my assistant manager this morning. He said I was addicted to UV. I agreed.

First you try to get this person on your side and if that doesn´t work then you bribe them. So you must get this person to like UV too or give them a bribe.
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

Corsair vs Zero

Post by Ike99 »

26-Feb-43´

The Coral Sea if FAR from being a Allied lake.

Image

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 139
A6M3 Zero x 38
D3A Val x 27

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 26
P-40E Warhawk x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero x 6 destroyed
A6M3 Zero x 1 destroyed
D3A Val x 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair x 2 destroyed
F4U-1 Corsair x 2 damaged
P-40E Warhawk x 6 destroyed
Attachments
FEB.jpg
FEB.jpg (52.59 KiB) Viewed 323 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

TONY

Post by Ike99 »

The TONY joins the battle.

Please paint the stock graphic because it is ugly.



Image
Attachments
TONY.jpg
TONY.jpg (61 KiB) Viewed 323 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: TONY

Post by Ike99 »

My new Tony paint if anyone wants it. Now I can shoot down Bigreds planes in style.

Image
TONY Video
Attachments
TONY2.jpg
TONY2.jpg (3.16 KiB) Viewed 324 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

New Month

Post by Ike99 »

New Month.

Bigred will have to move soon and move big or give it up.

Image
Attachments
CLIC.jpg
CLIC.jpg (83.71 KiB) Viewed 323 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

Night skirmish

Post by Ike99 »

San Cristobal Night Skirmish.

4 Allied PT boats sunk. One Japanese destroyer took a PT torpedo and made slow, sunk in the day cycle by land based air.

Evidence, if used correctly the Japanese are very capable of operating under the nose of massive land Allied airpower with slight loss.



Image
Attachments
Irau.jpg
Irau.jpg (42.75 KiB) Viewed 323 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Night skirmish

Post by bigred »

I counted 2 torpedoes into the DD. A barge TF was also in the hex. IJN DD Flotilla did not find. A CD battalion is ashore at Irau and did not get any shots off.

Image
Attachments
FEL-08~Too..-Posters.jpg
FEL-08~Too..-Posters.jpg (17.25 KiB) Viewed 323 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Rossel

Post by bigred »

In probably the biggest battle of this war I lost the element of surprise when my LCI TF showed up a turn early at Rossel Island.  Too late to go back. Yes, it is time to break some toys.

Image
Attachments
88159ctt.jpg
88159ctt.jpg (14.89 KiB) Viewed 323 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Rossel

Post by bigred »

Hey Ike, where is your carrier TF?

Image
Attachments
88-201-art.jpg
88-201-art.jpg (9.33 KiB) Viewed 324 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Buna

Post by bigred »

March 13, 1943.  Buna has fallen to a submarine invasion by 2 squads of australian infantry.  Looks to have been defended by snlf unit.  Not sure how the computer calculated this event.  All I was trying was a probe event.  On 3-11 Rossell Island was invaded.  On 3-13  the allies have a size one airfield.  Alot of Allied and IJN surface ships were damaged.  Looks like 5 IJN DD's sent to the bottom by massive USN CV strike..   I noted my carrier air units were not very efficent.

The Rossell site was prepped for 2 months before the invasion with sea mines.  I saw one notice of a seamine hit on IJN units.  The allies suffered 3 seamine hits.  I suspect the IJN ran out of bulletts when they hit my 3rd surface TF at Rossell.  Looked like I had more hits.  Jap carrier fleet was AWOL.  It may have been distracted by a false manover.  Remember Stonewall Jackson?  Future operations security requires this secret move to not be revieled at this time to the general public.

Image
Attachments
88-199-gnt.jpg
88-199-gnt.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 323 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”