ORIGINAL: Ike99
Bigreds dream of a second airfield on Malaita island has come to an end.
Almost one thousand Allied soldiers have been killed from a seabee engineer force, base force and RCT, the rest send retreating to starve in the jungle.
Ike, are u sure they will starve?
![]()
Into the Breach
RE: Broken Plans
New Toys
The Corsair.
[>:]

[>:]

- Attachments
-
- Corsair.jpg (51.65 KiB) Viewed 326 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: Broken Plans
Bigred loses a capital ship. Thank you for the points.

Woops, add 4 more 1000 pounders to the chikuma. 8 bombs and 2 torps...I bet the ChiXkuma does not make port. It seems the Mikuma and the Atago each took acouple of 1k bombs also. Everyone needs alittle iron each day.

- Attachments
-
- chikuma.jpg (44.55 KiB) Viewed 326 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: PT torpedo
you are doing well ike, but as soon as bigred gets corsairs at irau, his shipping there will be immun to your air force.

- Attachments
-
- Corsair.jpg (35.24 KiB) Viewed 326 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: El Diablo
Ike just did a night raid at Irau. Over 300 naval air on a level 2 airfield. Must be a jap task force nearby.
A new name for Ike=El Diablo
A new name for Ike=El Diablo
Bombers
Bigred reaches for the big stick. Huge bomber raids.


- Attachments
-
- BM.jpg (33.58 KiB) Viewed 326 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: Bombers
Madang


- Attachments
-
- Madang.jpg (37.25 KiB) Viewed 327 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: Bombers
This is the 2nd result of 2 raids in 3 days at Kavieg.
Air attack on Kavieng , at 18,24
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 5
A6M3 Zero x 7
Allied aircraft
Hudson x 13
P-38G Lightning x 53
F-5A Lightning x 5
B-25J Mitchell x 44
B-17E Fortress x 22
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero x 1 destroyed
A6M2 Zero x 2 damaged
A6M3 Zero x 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Hudson x 1 damaged
B-17E Fortress x 1 damaged
Japanese Ships
CL Yura, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Usugumo, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AG 361, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
CA Ashigara, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Kagero, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 162
Port hits 3
Port fuel hits 2
Attacking Level Bombers:
1 x Hudson at 10000 feet
2 x B-25J Mitchell at 100 feet
4 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
0 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
0 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
12 x Hudson at 10000 feet
1 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
5 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 100 feet
0 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
8 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
5 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
5 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 100 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
6 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
This is the 2nd result of 2 raids in 3 days.

Air attack on Kavieng , at 18,24
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 5
A6M3 Zero x 7
Allied aircraft
Hudson x 13
P-38G Lightning x 53
F-5A Lightning x 5
B-25J Mitchell x 44
B-17E Fortress x 22
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero x 1 destroyed
A6M2 Zero x 2 damaged
A6M3 Zero x 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Hudson x 1 damaged
B-17E Fortress x 1 damaged
Japanese Ships
CL Yura, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Usugumo, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AG 361, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
CA Ashigara, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Kagero, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 162
Port hits 3
Port fuel hits 2
Attacking Level Bombers:
1 x Hudson at 10000 feet
2 x B-25J Mitchell at 100 feet
4 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
0 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
0 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
12 x Hudson at 10000 feet
1 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
5 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 100 feet
0 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
8 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
5 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
5 x B-17E Fortress at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
0 x Hudson at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 100 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
6 x B-25J Mitchell at 10000 feet
This is the 2nd result of 2 raids in 3 days.

- Attachments
-
- b-25 raid ..shipping.jpg (17.52 KiB) Viewed 326 times
RE: Bombers
This is the 2nd result of 2 raids in 3 days at Kavieg.

- Attachments
-
- RABAUL.jpg (42.9 KiB) Viewed 326 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: Confession
Wednesday I got to work at 11am.. I should have been at work at 9am. I was
making UV turns early in the morning AT HOME. I am the store manager so I get
to do as I please to some extent. I admitted my guilt to my assistant manager
this morning.
He said I was addicted to UV. I agreed. I even have UV loaded into the
company computer(but it is hidden) so I can make a turn before I come home!
So to my active players I must stop making morning turns.
BTY, I will be off this weekend and have no plans. UV,UV, UV, HOORAH
making UV turns early in the morning AT HOME. I am the store manager so I get
to do as I please to some extent. I admitted my guilt to my assistant manager
this morning.
He said I was addicted to UV. I agreed. I even have UV loaded into the
company computer(but it is hidden) so I can make a turn before I come home!
So to my active players I must stop making morning turns.
BTY, I will be off this weekend and have no plans. UV,UV, UV, HOORAH
RE: Confession
I admitted my guilt to my assistant manager this morning. He said I was addicted to UV. I agreed.
First you try to get this person on your side and if that doesn´t work then you bribe them. So you must get this person to like UV too or give them a bribe.
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
Corsair vs Zero
26-Feb-43´
The Coral Sea if FAR from being a Allied lake.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 139
A6M3 Zero x 38
D3A Val x 27
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 26
P-40E Warhawk x 5
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero x 6 destroyed
A6M3 Zero x 1 destroyed
D3A Val x 2 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair x 2 destroyed
F4U-1 Corsair x 2 damaged
P-40E Warhawk x 6 destroyed
The Coral Sea if FAR from being a Allied lake.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 139
A6M3 Zero x 38
D3A Val x 27
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 26
P-40E Warhawk x 5
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero x 6 destroyed
A6M3 Zero x 1 destroyed
D3A Val x 2 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair x 2 destroyed
F4U-1 Corsair x 2 damaged
P-40E Warhawk x 6 destroyed
- Attachments
-
- FEB.jpg (52.59 KiB) Viewed 326 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
TONY
The TONY joins the battle.
Please paint the stock graphic because it is ugly.

Please paint the stock graphic because it is ugly.

- Attachments
-
- TONY.jpg (61 KiB) Viewed 326 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: TONY
- Attachments
-
- TONY2.jpg (3.16 KiB) Viewed 327 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
New Month
New Month.
Bigred will have to move soon and move big or give it up.

Bigred will have to move soon and move big or give it up.

- Attachments
-
- CLIC.jpg (83.71 KiB) Viewed 326 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
Night skirmish
San Cristobal Night Skirmish.
4 Allied PT boats sunk. One Japanese destroyer took a PT torpedo and made slow, sunk in the day cycle by land based air.
Evidence, if used correctly the Japanese are very capable of operating under the nose of massive land Allied airpower with slight loss.

4 Allied PT boats sunk. One Japanese destroyer took a PT torpedo and made slow, sunk in the day cycle by land based air.
Evidence, if used correctly the Japanese are very capable of operating under the nose of massive land Allied airpower with slight loss.

- Attachments
-
- Irau.jpg (42.75 KiB) Viewed 326 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
RE: Night skirmish
I counted 2 torpedoes into the DD. A barge TF was also in the hex. IJN DD Flotilla did not find. A CD battalion is ashore at Irau and did not get any shots off.


- Attachments
-
- FEL-08~Too..-Posters.jpg (17.25 KiB) Viewed 326 times
RE: Rossel
In probably the biggest battle of this war I lost the element of surprise when my LCI TF showed up a turn early at Rossel Island. Too late to go back. Yes, it is time to break some toys.


- Attachments
-
- 88159ctt.jpg (14.89 KiB) Viewed 326 times
RE: Rossel
Hey Ike, where is your carrier TF?


- Attachments
-
- 88-201-art.jpg (9.33 KiB) Viewed 327 times
RE: Buna
March 13, 1943. Buna has fallen to a submarine invasion by 2 squads of australian infantry. Looks to have been defended by snlf unit. Not sure how the computer calculated this event. All I was trying was a probe event. On 3-11 Rossell Island was invaded. On 3-13 the allies have a size one airfield. Alot of Allied and IJN surface ships were damaged. Looks like 5 IJN DD's sent to the bottom by massive USN CV strike.. I noted my carrier air units were not very efficent.
The Rossell site was prepped for 2 months before the invasion with sea mines. I saw one notice of a seamine hit on IJN units. The allies suffered 3 seamine hits. I suspect the IJN ran out of bulletts when they hit my 3rd surface TF at Rossell. Looked like I had more hits. Jap carrier fleet was AWOL. It may have been distracted by a false manover. Remember Stonewall Jackson? Future operations security requires this secret move to not be revieled at this time to the general public.

The Rossell site was prepped for 2 months before the invasion with sea mines. I saw one notice of a seamine hit on IJN units. The allies suffered 3 seamine hits. I suspect the IJN ran out of bulletts when they hit my 3rd surface TF at Rossell. Looked like I had more hits. Jap carrier fleet was AWOL. It may have been distracted by a false manover. Remember Stonewall Jackson? Future operations security requires this secret move to not be revieled at this time to the general public.

- Attachments
-
- 88-199-gnt.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 326 times


