ORIGINAL: mc3744
In the past weeks I've been reading here and there minor and major criticisms to the game.
I'm somehow fed up (in a midl way [:)]) with this.
One thing is to give an opinion/suggestion to improve, that's constructive. But to say things like 'the game is screwed up' or 'I'm soon going to give it up' and the like doesn't make sense. I mean, it does, but not in this forum. [:-]
You don't like it, buy something else and leave us alone, please!
I'm here to exchange comments, learn new things (on the game and history) and give my 2 cents to try to improve (if possible) the game.
Just to further clarify somehow my position:
I've been playing wargames (board and PC) for the past 24 years. I've been writing reviews when I was studying and I've started again one year ago (thanks to WitP). I think I played and purchased at least 80% of the wargames on the market.
Hence I feel I can rightly say that (as most forum dwellers here [;)]) that I'm an expert not just an amateur.
Some of those above mentioned games (few) I enjoyed A LOT.
No one, and I mean NO ONE like WitP, ever. I haven't purchased a new game in months, and I have to force myself to play the review codes I receive FOR FREE. That has to count for something!!!
I know WitP is not perfect, but definitely one of the best so far (best for me).
Please be smart! You want Matrix to work on WitP? Give them reasons to. To criticize heavily is a good reason to stop supporting not to continue.
I'm in the software business, in sales and marketing more precisely. If we want WitP not to die (development wise) we have to give Matrix some good reasons. Saying that the game sucks is not listed among the good reasons.
So once again: be smart or leave us alone. Plese, please, please [&o]
mc3744. The problem is that in a lot of ways this is exactly the game we were hoping for from the first advertisments. But in a number of significantly annoying ways it fails.
Which generates a lot more response than if it were an utter failure. It's close, but it falls on it's face towards the finish line. Tremendously frustraiting. Which is why so many people are working on "improvements" and "corrected scenarios" and the like. You're asking that the very people the game was designed to attract either shut up and give up, or play a flawed product. Probably not going to happen.








