Search found 27 matches

by Thogode
Sun Aug 30, 2026 4:01 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: This is How I install WITP-AE
Replies: 81
Views: 24523

Re: This is How I install WITP-AE


The game has old programming running on your new hardware and operating system. To make them work well together you need to set up text "switches" that help the program find the right OS locations and get them through the new hardware. See the Tech Section discussion on 'slow performance' for ...
by Thogode
Thu Mar 19, 2026 5:40 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: QoL Request
Replies: 6
Views: 784

Re: QoL Request

atheory wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2026 7:04 pm Anyone else get depressed upon seeing the AI march their doom-stacks around in a seemingly unorganized cluttered mess? :shock:
Despite the great effort of RangerJoe and others explaining this game to us, I have given up.
Currently, the faults are too numerous.
by Thogode
Sun Mar 15, 2026 6:49 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Don't Understand This
Replies: 21
Views: 1724

Re: Don't Understand This


I've played a TON of wargames, prefering the more hardcore and for some reason, this one has given me the most trouble. I'm frustrated beyond belief and hoping Matrix and/or devs remedy this situation at some point.


Sad but true.
I would like to support every single line you wrote. If you have ...
by Thogode
Fri Mar 06, 2026 1:53 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?
Replies: 33
Views: 2739

Re: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?

vinnland wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2026 10:38 pm
I suppose, then, both WitP and WiF are both more suited to PBEN for solo play?
WitP:AE: As Allies against scripted Japan to learn the basic. Else PEBM.
WiF: There is no PC opponent, even not a scripted one. So it is hard to learn. Playing against yourself is no fun.
by Thogode
Thu Mar 05, 2026 5:08 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?
Replies: 33
Views: 2739

Re: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?


I'd say the only thing that is so much worse in witp is the AI.


Agreed. But I wouldn't call it "AI" in WiTP:AE. I far as I know, at start the games (Japan as PC-player) chooses a script and will work on this till the bitter end. RangerJoe pointed at this topic already.

So if the allies are ...
by Thogode
Sun Mar 01, 2026 7:36 am
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?
Replies: 33
Views: 2739

Re: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?



I agree. I had never heard of these games, so I am excited to play them despite their lack of optimization. Vicky 2 is one of my fav games and these games look like a detailed version of the mentioned.


In my humble opinion only PoN could be compared to the Vickys.
But you start it as a youth ...
by Thogode
Sat Feb 28, 2026 6:52 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?
Replies: 33
Views: 2739

Re: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?


Have you tried Rise of Prussia or Thirty Years War - both by Ageod.

Both seem to be geographically on your patch.


Got both, but none is installed today, and I only faintly remember these games.

But I politely propose, we should end this little off-topic discussion. The thread is about WIS ...
by Thogode
Sat Feb 28, 2026 4:50 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?
Replies: 33
Views: 2739

Re: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?



Have you actually played them beginning to end? Kudos if you have.


No, none of them.
As you described PoN is slower than a snail and likes to CTD. That game was technically way to nasty. No optimization, no maintenance.

And of that use are a thousand game turns if the "AI" (shouldn't be ...
by Thogode
Sat Feb 28, 2026 3:49 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?
Replies: 33
Views: 2739

Re: WiS players: do you recommend WiTP:AE?


@vinnland
Other games I think too big:

WITE2 - the manual is a good doorstop though at 500 pages

Wars of Napoleon (Ageod) the earlier Napoleon's Campaigns is "better" because the Napoleonic Wars were largely a series of discrete campaigns.

Pride of Nations - another Ageod game



Sorry that I ...
by Thogode
Mon Feb 16, 2026 4:22 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Feature Requests
Replies: 17
Views: 2074

Re: Feature Requests



2. Improve the map quality and resolutions of pop up screens and the bottom toolbar in game. The LCU pop box for example is really aesthetically unpleasing. It has a white bar across the top and a small icon that looks like it is from Windows 3.1. Please take time to improve the art quality of ...
by Thogode
Sun Feb 01, 2026 1:51 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Initial impressions
Replies: 36
Views: 2500

Re: Initial impressions

Much of the graphics reminds me of WitPAE (about 20 years old). And that simulation was certainly not designed for extensive ground combat. I am playing in 1440p and the sidebar for the LCU is a strain to the eyes.
Though I think this is technically impossible, I would like counters like in WitE2 ...
by Thogode
Wed Jan 28, 2026 5:08 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Where do swapped devices go when upgrading/downgrading devices?
Replies: 12
Views: 600

Re: Where do swapped devices go when upgrading/downgrading devices?

What is the composition of the RSV unit?
RangerJoe has shown that replaced components could go into an RSV unit.
If this is the case, you first have to disband the RSV unit.
by Thogode
Sun Jan 25, 2026 6:53 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Graphic issues
Replies: 45
Views: 4153

Re: Graphic issues


The interface is a big disappointment. Matrix should offer a refund.


It is certainly substandard and like the UI of WitPAE of 2004, but from the announcement I was aware of this.
I guess the issues would be addressed in future patches.

The graphic issues are annoying, but what bothers me ...
by Thogode
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:31 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: Unusual request
Replies: 14
Views: 1294

Re: Unusual request

[/quote]

It is not an "official" patch so . . .

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... p?t=226197
[/quote]

Many thanks for your quick and very helpful answer.
This forum is still one of the best of all the Matrix forums.
by Thogode
Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:05 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: Unusual request
Replies: 14
Views: 1294

Re: Unusual request

BananaConvention wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:21 pm Don't do 27!! It's a disaster right now. Go with 26B. That's what 90% of us are playing.
Where cound I download 26b?
On the matrix site there is only 26a and 27.2.

Any hint would be appreciated.
by Thogode
Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:42 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Any news on Steel Tigers
Replies: 13
Views: 2646

Re: Any news on Steel Tigers

821Bobo wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:38 am Remake of Steel Panthers
https://www.matrixgames.com/game/steel- ... ls-edition
Many thanks!
by Thogode
Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:24 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Any news on Steel Tigers
Replies: 13
Views: 2646

Re: Any news on Steel Tigers

PeteJC wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:49 pm OK I have to ask. What is Steel Tigers?
Seems to be an Urban Legend.
Searching gave no valid results.
by Thogode
Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:36 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Version 1.02.44 Beta
Replies: 13
Views: 1783

Re: Version 1.02.44 Beta

Same here. "My Page" is not reachable. Would somebody please fix this? Thanks.
by Thogode
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:32 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: New War in the East 2 1.02.21 Official Update!
Replies: 13
Views: 6317

Re: New War in the East 2 1.02.21 Official Update!



Note to players re the 1.02.21 version:

There is a known bug where freight shipments by sea are not going to Kherson. This is a problem in the path routine that appears to have been unmasked by other needed changes. It appears to only impact Kherson. Until we get a fix out for this, players are ...
by Thogode
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:15 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: toodle pip
Replies: 38
Views: 3035

RE: toodle pip

<r>
<QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>ORIGINAL: actrade<br/>
<br/>
Tough times don't last, but tough people do. Loki, I don't post a lot here but I read everything and your posts are always informative and sincere. Always remember that there is a silent majority like myself who appreciate what you contribute ...

Go to advanced search